Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Gingerbread Event is Stupid

Comments

• AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    asnscorpio wrote: »
    Terror1976 wrote: »
    THe trick is Windmill it while its resting to stop its Hp regen .

Thought they might have updated it like the dragons. Can't windmill reset those anymore.

Why would they update him? He's a trash event boss.

To make it a more enjoyable event that doesn't require idling for how long?
    BlissfulkillImaizumiYangKoete
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    All things considered, camping this particular spawn is a pain. What inevitably happens is you get people gathering together on one channel, all of which have no clue when the spawn is going to happen, and the gingerbread man spawns on some other random channel and eventually despawns before anyone knows it's there.

It would be a lot easier if the Gingerbread man had a shorter camping time or didn't despawn.
    Aeolyslilblkrose
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I just wish they changed the spawning times to something better, like maybe every 36 minutes like every other event? :L
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    I don't know if this will be any help to most people, but what I have been doing is just going AFK in the area where it spawns. I leave auto-attack enabled and come back with the quest done.

Waiting without knowing how long can be a super pain. :(
    ImaizumiGretaAeolys
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 3, 2018
    Sai wrote: »
    I don't know if this will be any help to most people, but what I have been doing is just going AFK in the area where it spawns. I leave auto-attack enabled and come back with the quest done.

Waiting without knowing how long can be a super pain. :(

Hmmm interesting idea. Really clever. I love it.

Sadly it will only work on populated area.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    Arjune wrote: »
    if you want to kill it and there's not many people you will probably need to poison it. the snake pets work really well and poison eats through his HP like nothing. it's probably the only way you can solo him unless you're super OP

Yup soloin' it is possible, I did it last year and twice alrdy this year. I use a poisoned shuriken and chain blade, (last year it was the shuriken and chef's passion) also divine link helps immensely. I was able to solo the gingerman on 1 of my alt elves (who is waaaaay below 1k ttl lvl). With her I used 2 different shurikens: 1 was poisoned and the other wasn't (saves on havin' to applin' poison to your weapons) she doesn't have divine link or falcon.

As for groups of ppl attackin' the gingerman.... Windmill the bloody thing when he tries to heal ppl! ESPECIALLY if there's only 1 or 2 other ppl there and whoever has the presence of mind to WM has been incapacitated. Don't just stand back and keep castin' magic!

Sorry, my rant is over now. Didn't mean to rant.
  • ikamuiiikamuii
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Needed somewhere to chip in my thoughts on this, I am glad i'm not the only one that feels annoyed at the waits time for the Gingerman to spawn. Yesterday I wound up waiting for nothing, And I needed to step away. By my luck it spawned in while I was away and when I came back it was already dead.

At least make the gingerman spawn in a bit more often or at least every 10~20min, It's very troublesome for people who can't be glued to their computer for 2 hours hoping the darn thing would spawn in.