Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dan3 magnum

OwntrolfOwntrolf
Mabinogi Rep: 2,000
edited June 7, 2018 in General Chat
rng on rng on rng with racism sprinkles on top

Oh you got knocked down? you fail

Spawn was bad? you fail

Didnt crit? you fail

You missed at 99%? you fail

Where do i go to shoot the person who came up with the idea for dan3 magnum

Goblin archers literally have better accuracy than you

Just give extra points for damage and or give everyone 0.5 magnum with Vision of Ladeca
  1. you fail29 votes
    1. ok
       21% (6 votes)
    2. you fail
       79% (23 votes)

Comments

• HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Out of all the dan tests I've done Mag is the only one that I feel is BS. It relies way too heavily on RNG to be a test of skill. Sure you can lower mob HP with crash shot, you can get good spawns etc but none of that matters if you don't crit. Why do crits even give a bonus, yes I'm very skilled from critting.
    Blissfulkill
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    I exploited mag's minor AoE abilities to get through mine. Note that I'm an east coast player so unless you're EU (I believe its downright impossible for EU players to do this) its very much possible to get this done.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    I exploited mag's minor AoE abilities to get through mine. Note that I'm an east coast player so unless you're EU (I believe its downright impossible for EU players to do this) its very much possible to get this done.

Just because it's possible doens't mean it's a good design, though.

This is why Healing is also stupidly designed. It's like the implementation of these mastery tests is a single proof that the entire development team are undereducated numbnuts. It's that bad.
    ImaizumiBlissfulkillDaktaroTheNyanCat
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 6, 2018
    Owntrolf wrote: »

Spawn was bad? you fail

Didnt crit? you fail

Just give extra points for damage and or give everyone 0.5 magnum with Vision of Ladeca

I think you don't know the definition of racism.

Also the text which i bolded.
    This is messed up. Are you ok?

Are you seriously threatening to shoot a guy who created Magnum Dan Test? You also seem to call the test "racist" for some illogical reason. Also thread title sounds inappropriate too.

You seem to not know your place, i assume.
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    edited June 6, 2018
    @Owntrolf well these Dan tests were made with the thought of Latency to cover an area of KR not the United States, much less places outside of NA

Speaking of that, what do you mean of being racist??? That it's racist elves have a slightly better time with the test and/or because it's harder for people in EU, South America or Oceania to do Dan's than Americans?
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    Greta wrote: »

Spawn was bad? you fail

Didnt crit? you fail

Are you seriously threatening to shoot a guy who created Magnum Dan Test? You also seem to call the test "racist" for some illogical reason. Also thread title sounds inappropriate too.

Trythis wrote: »
    @Owntrolf well these Dan tests were made with the thought of Latency to cover an area of KR not the United States, much less places outside of NA

Speaking of that, what do you mean of being racist??? That it's racist elves have a slightly better time with the test and/or because it's harder for people in EU, South America or Oceania to do Dan's than Americans?

I think what he or she meant of racist is that
    "Goblin archers literally have better accuracy"
    (not sure tho better let him/her confirm this)
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    edited June 6, 2018
    @nobodyzxz there are numerous enemy NPCs who have more advantages than players, like cessairs from nemeton with FH that has no cool down, and the abundant creatures that have access of chain casting for any magical skill while we only have chain casting upgrades for wands and it's only for bolts and snapcast but not as good as monster chain casting, can't forget about monster LD either or dragonfireball.

My point is they're not better because of """"racism"""". They're better because their AI isn't smarter than us, so they need a handicap. IF they did mean the goblin thing, then thier racist accusation claim means less than elves or people in farther regoins and how they deal with the Mag Dan test as opposed to different parties.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    I assumed they were talking about Elves having better Mag CD than Humans when they said racist.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Recently got healing dan 3. That test was BS as well.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    Just give it up. Everyone who's miraculously/due to latency managed to do it will adamantly deny that it needs change and they're not even gonna bother changing it even if everyone rallied for a valid point.
    ImaizumiSai
  • EncrovianEncrovian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    It took me about 7 hours to finish 2 dan tests? It's a pain in the butt tbh. :U I understand how u feel, for mag 3 dan test was what literally made me rage. All based on placement + crits. RIP
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited June 6, 2018

Spawn was bad? you fail

Didnt crit? you fail

Didn't you know the game can sense your skin color? ;)
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Gaea wrote: »

Spawn was bad? you fail

Didnt crit? you fail

Didn't you know the game can sense your skin color? ;)

There's no black elves, so clearly devCAT is racist. :v
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    I stop @ Dan 1 for this reason. 2 much headache when Rng is needed to get higher dan ranks is just too much BS 4 me to care.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Humans and Elves should have different dan tests. Same goes for giants on applicable tests. It's dumb that they make the skills function better for certain races but give the same expectations
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    The fact that humans can still achieve dan 3 shows that elves and humans are no different from each other.
  • GretaGreta
    edited June 8, 2018
    Pan wrote: »
    The fact that humans can still achieve dan 3 shows that elves and humans are no different from each other.

Welcome back :trollface:

About that... Humans can achieve Dan 3, but it doesn't prove the fact that it takes longer/harder for them to succeed. Elves are still better at Archery in my perspective. Comparing Elves and Humans like that... Gives me an impression like claiming that 150 cm person is no different than a 190 cm person, who can reach stuff from way higher places than others who are way shorter. Shorter people need help/work-around to reach something that's too high for them. Just my thoughts.
    Nexon still needs to nerf some Dan Tests anyway. I have given up doing them after realizing how absurd RNG is Defense/Counterattack Dans. Also Magic Dans make me cringe too. How i'm supposed to cast Thunder/Fireball quickly enough to eliminate Golem before he starts to insta aggro me?
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Pan wrote: »

Elves have a 0.5 Cooldown for Magnum, while humans have 1.5 seconds. That is an incredibly large difference. They may be able to achieve the same achievements, but to state that the equality of outcome can only be precipitated by overly similar circumstances?

That is illogical. Do you even use Archery?
    GretaTheNyanCatImaizumi
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited June 8, 2018
    Likely just a loaded statement aimed to troll.
    GretaBlissfulkill
  • GretaGreta
    edited June 8, 2018
    Maia wrote: »
    Likely just a loaded statement aimed to troll.

Yeah, this guy named "Pan" likes to troll and bait people in these forums. Purposely says something that might trigger others and several times said things that is against rules. This is why i welcomed them back with a troll face emote :D