Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

1920x1080 vs 2560x1440 zoom in crystal defense

kirbystarkirbystar
Mabinogi Rep: 715
edited June 10, 2018 in Technical Support
I have 1080p monitor (1920x1080 resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio full HD). When I play crystal defense I can not see entire arena even at maximum zoom. I can see only about 75% of arena. It severly compromizes my slow human character's performance. I have seen YouTube videos of crystal defense where player is able to see the entire arena.

Has anyone tried running crystal defense on 1440p monitor (2560x1440 resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio QHD). Does it show entire area of crystal defense arena. If not then do you know how I can see entire crystal defense arena.

Thanks.

Comments

• KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    edited June 10, 2018
    if you got an AMD card you can use virtual super resolution to use higher resolution settings in windows, mine lets me go up to 4k on my 1080p monitor

ciwcstf.png

there's gotta be something similar for nvidia cards im sure
  • kirbystarkirbystar
    edited June 11, 2018
    KelpSoda wrote: »
    if you got an AMD card you can use virtual super resolution to use higher resolution settings in windows, mine lets me go up to 4k on my 1080p monitor

there's gotta be something similar for nvidia cards im sure

Kelp, thanks for the suggestion. NVIDIA gives DSR Factors up to 4 times the native resolution as well. I might use 1.78 times just for testing as it reduces my FPS. I was hoping to find someone with 1440p monitor.

update: I did this testing. Mabinogi allowed only up to 2560x1440 resolution even though I had resolution enabled up to 4 k. The zoom did not improve. So I could not see entire Crystal Defense arena on screen.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I guess you don't wanna play in "Screenshot Mode", with the camera going way up in the air, or something, and the screenshot OK window moved out of the way.
  • kirbystarkirbystar
    edited June 11, 2018
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I guess you don't wanna play in "Screenshot Mode", with the camera going way up in the air, or something, and the screenshot OK window moved out of the way.

I have to constantly shuffle my gear at high speed. So the screenshot mode will not work. It requires gameplay under high performance mode.