Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New KR update to help newbies

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Froglord wrote: »
    So basically newbies get even more buttered up than they are now.. I mean they already get like a free ride all the way to lv 10k anyways with AP rewards, nerfed generations, free pets, etc etc.

We really don't need this update in N.A, people already abuse armies of alts enough already for botting/goldfarming. The worst thing is is that they never get punished for it.

That is a separate issue from legitimate new players.
    YangKoete
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Oh my god and now they're getting even more spoiled!
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    So basically newbies get even more buttered up than they are now.. I mean they already get like a free ride all the way to lv 10k anyways with AP rewards, nerfed generations, free pets, etc etc.

We really don't need this update in N.A, people already abuse armies of alts enough already for botting/goldfarming. The worst thing is is that they never get punished for it.

Would armies of alts even bother to level their chars to 5K? It seems like a waste of time to me. What would it gain them?
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305

Would armies of alts even bother to level their chars to 5K? It seems like a waste of time to me. What would it gain them?

literally nothing, aside from making it easier to get a master talent for multiclient. This is a good update, 5k is hardly a drop in a bucket in terms of what you need and it's better if we can get new players to middle tier faster as they're more likely to stick around rather than grind away very slowly never catching up.

Also why does this community jump instantly on the BOTS GOLD FARMERS MULTICLIENTERS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE anytime nearly anything is brought up?

Honestly, the major alt abuse cases are squires because they require next to nothing but time and provide insane profits for next to no work (or even none if you script it). The NX item selling bots is a whole different legal mess, and has more to due with fraud/ actually illegal things. People openly admit to using alts for homestead events, and farming other login type bonuses especially when the rewards are tradeable but the second someone makes alts to enter a lotto for an abysmal chance at wings it's gone too far.
    WolfandWolf
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 11, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

Also why does this community jump instantly on the BOTS GOLD FARMERS MULTICLIENTERS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE anytime nearly anything is brought up?

You are mixing stuff up. It's just Froglord most of the time spreading the same old F.U.D. Seems like the guy doesn't get tired of it yet.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Greta wrote: »

You are mixing stuff up. It's just Froglord most of the time spreading the same old F.U.D. Seems like the guy doesn't get tired of it yet.

Ah so it would seem. I honestly don't really read usernames that much so I can remove biases while commenting.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited June 11, 2018

Ah so it would seem. I honestly don't really read usernames that much so I can remove biases while commenting.

latest?cb=20140314132151

I personally call bs on that. :D
  • SoraiteSoraite
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    I updated my post and did my best in explaining the new event/update!
    please have a read :)
    WolfandWolfImaizumi
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Soraite wrote: »
    The last portion of the update is titled 'for the newbies'
    Basically, if you're a new character (which is under 5k cumulative), and you finish this burony quest line, you gain 5x exp as your new rate (i'm guessing until you reach 5k?)

if your cumulative is 1-999, you can rebirth every 1 day (Real time)
    1000~2999 cumulative level can rebirth every 2 days (Real time)
    And so on accordingly. So if you're already above 5k cumulative, you have the same 6 day rebirth.

Ah so newbie is going to be redefined as under 5K now?

• SoraiteSoraite
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    Basically, if you're a new character (which is under 5k cumulative), and you finish this burony quest line, you gain 5x exp as your new rate (i'm guessing until you reach 5k?)

And so on accordingly. So if you're already above 5k cumulative, you have the same 6 day rebirth.

Well, for the benefits a newbie character would be redefined as under 5k. It's not easy to get to 5k fast though but with this update it would be much easier. Right now i wouldn't view under 5k as being a newbie in NA. Besides, KR has been around way longer than us so maybe 5k is considered really newbie over there
    WolfandWolf
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    At this late stage of the game's life cycle I can't think of many good reasons not to give genuine newcomers a bigger boost.
    Would you want to start a marathon only to find that 80% of the participants are already at the finish line?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Shaeli wrote: »
    At this late stage of the game's life cycle I can't think of many good reasons not to give genuine newcomers a bigger boost.
    Would you want to start a marathon only to find that 80% of the participants are already at the finish line?

That's a good analogy for this. That's basically the point. Also whether or not the few of you don't want this update - we WILL be getting this update eventually. So complaining about it is kinda futile. Just except it and let the newer and lower level players have fun.

If you can't except it well...you know your options. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Gaea wrote: »

latest?cb=20140314132151

I personally call bs on that. :D

I recognize your user because you try and start with me anytime you get an opportunity to do so, you don't need to take everything as a personal attack on you, trust me you're not that special. I've also told you several times now if you wish to discuss with me take it to PMs instead of trying to start drama, yet again on a public forum.

Well, for the benefits a newbie character would be redefined as under 5k. It's not easy to get to 5k fast though but with this update it would be much easier. Right now i wouldn't view under 5k as being a newbie in NA. Besides, KR has been around way longer than us so maybe 5k is considered really newbie over there

I'm excited that it's getting easier for new players to join and start catching up because it improves the longevity of this game. IMO under 2k ish is pretty new, the 2-5k range is when you probably understand the game better and it's appropriate to remove the training wheels at that point.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    @Hellkaizer That's a lot of assumptions. Clam down.
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    If you wanna help newbies Rollback the Dungeon Revamp. Mabi has been dying a slow death since goblins were given 2000hp in normal dungeons
    SherriJazmynImaizumi
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    AgentJean wrote: »
    If you wanna help newbies Rollback the Dungeon Revamp. Mabi has been dying a slow death since goblins were given 2000hp in normal dungeons

With like rank A chain skills that's not even hard to clear though, getting 2k damage is something you can do really quickly. I'd say a bigger problem is the goblins also one shot you.

And I'll say this until I'm blue in the face, mabi has been gaining players since like mid 2014 and has only had low dips during content droughts.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

With like rank A chain skills that's not even hard to clear though, getting 2k damage is something you can do really quickly. I'd say a bigger problem is the goblins also one shot you.

And I'll say this until I'm blue in the face, mabi has been gaining players since like mid 2014 and has only had low dips during content droughts.

Lets also not forget people have school and jobs to attend to. This compounds with content droughts.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Just to chime in, one of the things mabi has is the classless system, which means players have free access to the vast majority of skills available. This gives beginners a massive AP pool to play with different builds, mixing and matching skills, and getting the necessary stat boost. Another thing to note is that total level is not the only thing that makes a player a veteran, combat experience, equipment, and boosts also affect the level of progress a player has. As with the AP pool before, this also allows players to have a steady progression early game. It ensures that they have more AP than they need for skills, this means they can train skills and not worry about not having the AP for it.

My only gripe is that they should also make more systems to improve and encourage party play. Players that finally get out of the beginner phase and run face first into content that actually is suppose to challenge parties suddenly hit a brick wall where they feel weak and useless.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Which is the event and which is the content update?

Like, is the whole system with Balogna and the books a non-event content update?

And the event part is the giveaway stuff to the first 50/500/5,000 players to do X activity and the sticker collection thing?

Or is that all event stuff, and the actual content is the changed rebirth times for lower levels and the chicken egg icons?
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775

Ruairi's commerce channel has not been busy in months.