Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Hype event gives less than what it says.

OvernOvern
Mabinogi Rep: 535
edited June 10, 2018 in Help
On the page it says it advertises that you get 1, 3, 6, 11, 11 doki boxes,
however in reality you only seem to get 1, 2, 3- which is significantly less than what it advertises for "Random chance" boxes with what feels like a decent chance to give you garbage, at least in small number. I understand not wanting people to get something like.. 32 golden experience fruit 500%, but the chances of that happening is really low.

I'm not really complaining too much, but I do feel a bit bothered that they say you get more than what you do.. which is supposed to the the hook to get players to come back and get excited about g21 7 days beforehand, and possible re-learn or prepare for the game.

Comments

• ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    I mean. It does not give less than what it says. It's just you are getting it as a total amount. Which is a bit of a scum tactic lol. But in the end they aren't lying.
    Counting the 1 from before, you did get 3 boxes. Counting the next 3, you will have gotten 6. So what you should be bothered with, is them either intentionally or unintentionally explaining the event in a weird way.
    BronzebreakImaizumiVeylaineSherri
  • CallestereCallestere
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    edited June 13, 2018
    So I logged in to get the last 8 coins of the week, anxiously saving up all my boxes to open them all at once today only to find out most of my coins are missing (I now have 3 instead of 31), only 11 G21 Doki Doki boxes instead of 32, but the other items you get today I did get (G21 special box and the mini gems of Pihne and Altam).

Edit: While I cannot show that I had all of my boxes prior to today I can prove I should have more coins than I do. Also, when I mentioned this in the guild chat another guild member ran into this problem as well.

yctp4X4.png

Cxv5JzE.png

D3JA08q.png
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    So yesterday I only got like 6 boxes with 20 coins and today I got 0 for 28. I thought we were supposed to get 11 at 20 and 11 more at 28. Did anyone else have this happen?

Y33k8RC.png
    mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00JAZ
  • AdanaelAdanael
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    Same here, I didn't get any Doki Doki Boxes like the site said and the G21 hype coins also dissapeared.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    I can confirm that I did NOT get 11 Doki Doki boxes.
  • violetkittvioletkitt
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,670
    Same as well just got G21 Special Box(1) didn't get the amount of Doki Doki boxes promised for this event .__.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Yeah, I didn't get them either. Contact Customer Support? =O
  • EmerisEmeris
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    Adanael wrote: »
    Same here, I didn't get any Doki Doki Boxes like the site said and the G21 hype coins also dissapeared.
    No Doki Doki boxes here, and almost all of my coins disappeared...
    Is this supposed to happen? Now I only have 3 Hype coins...
    violetkittTwelie
  • DrahgoonDrahgoon
    Mabinogi Rep: 205
    I believe they meant in total. I thought I missed out on 11 boxes yesterday. Turns out I got 5. I guess what they meant was that we should be getting 11 boxes TOTAL. Not every single time we hit that milesstone.

Example:

Day 1: Collect 5 coins = 1 box given (1 Total)
    Day 2: Collect 10 coins = 2 boxes given (3 boxes total)
    Day 3: Collect 15 coins = 3 boxes given (6 boxes total)

If that makes any sense.
    Bronzebreak
  • MaiaMaia
    edited June 13, 2018
    Drahgoon wrote: »
    I believe they meant in total. I thought I missed out on 11 boxes yesterday. Turns out I got 5. I guess what they meant was that we should be getting 11 boxes TOTAL. Not every single time we hit that milesstone.

Example:

Day 1: Collect 5 coins = 1 box given (1 Total)
    Day 2: Collect 10 coins = 2 boxes given (3 boxes total)
    Day 3: Collect 15 coins = 3 boxes given (6 boxes total)

If that makes any sense.

That's pretty stupid if that's the case. They always do this. Make some huge typo that completely misleads an event and then don't fix it until after the event is pretty much through. I remember they did the same thing with the enchanting event.

I am not convinced though. I thought got a reward (2 or 3 boxes) at 12 coins which wasn't on the event page if I recall. I honestly just think it's broken.
    Twelie
  • DrahgoonDrahgoon
    Mabinogi Rep: 205
    Exactly. It sounds too good to be true. Just like when they removed the typos for the quantity of each item in the box. (They were mostly in quantities of 3) I was hyped too but bummer. Free stuff so I can't really complain.
  • MaiaMaia
    Yeah it's hard to complain with free stuff but it's pretty sad. They get you hyped up for tons of free stuff and whittle it down as the event progresses lol could be foreshadowing for g21 in general. All this hype and then boom bummerville
    Twelie
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Drahgoon wrote: »
    Exactly. It sounds too good to be true. Just like when they removed the typos for the quantity of each item in the box. (They were mostly in quantities of 3) I was hyped too but bummer. Free stuff so I can't really complain.

Could also be an unintended glitch. :?
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    edited June 13, 2018
    It's not a bug, when it meant 11 Doki boxes at 20 coins and 11 Doki boxes and g21 box pihne gem and altam gem at 28+ coins , it means that's what you should have intotal by 28 coins or more ( you're probably turning in your coins at the end )
  • CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    A lot of us noticed a few days ago that it seems to list the total prizes rather than how many you get at each point. My theory is that it was originally supposed to work like the Chain Reaction coins from Chain Slash update where it gives a final reward based on total number of coins but was at some point changed to the incremental quests instead.
    BronzebreakSherri
  • CallestereCallestere
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Well at least I know I'm not the only one that was confused by this as well (I made a post about this but it wasn't merged).
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Yeah, we still aren't getting the transparency and communication that I've been asking for since they started taking suggestions. I also expected it to work as Caissa said (redemption at end rather than step by step), and I am grateful if they did change it so there was more tangibility to it, but FFS you guys gotta start spoonfeeding us information because all these errors (?) make it real frustrating, especially when we can only ASSUME how it was supposed to be meant.

At least they give us patch notes now...
    Jazmyn
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    As grateful as I am for everything, I'm still upset over how they chose to explain this event. It was very confusing and in the end I was not only rather disappointed but extremely confused. >:(