Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dan3 magnum

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    TNinja wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Owntrolf wrote: »
    rng on rng on rng with racism sprinkles on top

Oh you got knocked down? you fail

Spawn was bad? you fail

Didnt crit? you fail

You missed at 99%? you fail

Where do i go to shoot the person who came up with the idea for dan3 magnum

Goblin archers literally have better accuracy than you

Just give extra points for damage and or give everyone 0.5 magnum with Vision of Ladeca

I think you don't know the definition of racism.

Also the text which i bolded.
    This is messed up. Are you ok?

Are you seriously threatening to shoot a guy who created Magnum Dan Test? You also seem to call the test "racist" for some illogical reason. Also thread title sounds inappropriate too.

You seem to not know your place, i assume.

Didn't you know the game can sense your skin color? ;)

There's no black elves, so clearly devCAT is racist. :v

You got me there! :D
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Dan 3 magnum is hard. No lie. I would have hated to do it on a human.

The problem is I think Nexon *intended* for the Dan 3 for this to be hard to get since it's considered OP back in Korea. I don't think you'll convince them to change it.

The only thing that really made me want to ragequit over it was the stupid "fail pass". So many times I missed that dan 3 over a mere 100ish points, but because I thought I could make it and didn't hit that exit button in time, I had to wait another day. :( That's just UGH.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Policroma wrote: »

The problem is I think Nexon *intended* for the Dan 3 for this to be hard to get since it's considered OP back in Korea. I don't think you'll convince them to change it.

The only thing that really made me want to ragequit over it was the stupid "fail pass". So many times I missed that dan 3 over a mere 100ish points, but because I thought I could make it and didn't hit that exit button in time, I had to wait another day. :( That's just UGH.

Dan 3 Healing tests, my two SS runs I had 3 seconds and 2 seconds left on the clock. Don't give up if you're close, you might get it!
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665

Kr is Kr, Na is Na. It's difficult because the test was made with nearly 0 ping in mind and all Na did was copy and paste. It's not difficult because it's op in it's home region, it's difficult because it's easier to do in it's home region. If they made the test rng reliant just because the skill set is op then they shouldn't have made a way to make it even stronger with such a bullcrap test, all it does is makes a really strong talent even stronger because players will at some point get it. All the difficulty does is delay them and make the experience tedious.

These tests are supposed to allow us to advance skills by showing our mastery of them. Meanwhile in reality people who play the test perfectly get screwed by missing a 99% displayed shot three times in a row or having to baby sit a brain dead AI that just sits there thinking it's a punching bag. Mistakes and bad luck should cost you a run, I agree. But you can fail by playing perfectly and having everything go your way up until the last 10 seconds the test and flop.
    Imaizumi
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    TheNyanCat wrote: »

Kr is Kr, Na is Na. It's difficult because the test was made with nearly 0 ping in mind and all Na did was copy and paste. It's not difficult because it's op in it's home region, it's difficult because it's easier to do in it's home region. If they made the test rng reliant just because the skill set is op then they shouldn't have made a way to make it even stronger with such a bullcrap test, all it does is makes a really strong talent even stronger because players will at some point get it. All the difficulty does is delay them and make the experience tedious.

These tests are supposed to allow us to advance skills by showing our mastery of them. Meanwhile in reality people who play the test perfectly get screwed by missing a 99% displayed shot three times in a row or having to baby sit a brain dead AI that just sits there thinking it's a punching bag. Mistakes and bad luck should cost you a run, I agree. But you can fail by playing perfectly and having everything go your way up until the last 10 seconds the test and flop.

I had over a full minute left on the last bonus round, more than enough time to get my points needed. The whole room aggro'd me instantly and just beat me to death in a corner and that just repeated until time out. Had I only pulled maybe 3/4 of them I would've passed. Also when you get a room spawned where stuff is all across the place it's just an instant fail. Some of the tests are a test of patience not skill which imo is wrong.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Gaby5011 wrote: »

Dan 3 Healing tests, my two SS runs I had 3 seconds and 2 seconds left on the clock. Don't give up if you're close, you might get it!

Healing is RNG but at least it's doable. Especially if you don't use the healing wand (protip). Magnum shot for humans is on a whole other level :s
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Pan wrote: »
    The fact that humans can still achieve dan 3 shows that elves and humans are no different from each other.

Elves have a 0.5 Cooldown for Magnum, while humans have 1.5 seconds. That is an incredibly large difference. They may be able to achieve the same achievements, but to state that the equality of outcome can only be precipitated by overly similar circumstances?

That is illogical. Do you even use Archery?

I use archery on both a human/elf character.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    edited June 13, 2018
    When you have EU ping it doesn't matter what your cooldown is anyway. You wait like 2 seconds per shot anyway, combined with the 20 other rng elements in the test only a very few people will manage under these conditions, if any. Take it from a european elf.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Siodhan wrote: »
    When you have EU ping it doesn't matter what your cooldown is anyway. You wait like 2 seconds per shot anyway, combined with the 20 other rng elements in the test only a very few people will manage under these conditions, if any. Take it from a european elf.

I can attest to this, as an east coast player I barely managed to get my dan 3 mag and not without spending obscene amounts of money, time, and effort on it. I'm going to say that its downright impossible for EU human players to get mag dan 3 and that this is seriously something they need to adjust for NA, at the very least EU players.
    Imaizumi
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    I can attest to this, as an east coast player I barely managed to get my dan 3 mag and not without spending obscene amounts of money, time, and effort on it. I'm going to say that its downright impossible for EU human players to get mag dan 3 and that this is seriously something they need to adjust for NA, at the very least EU players.

Are you elf or human? I want Dan 3 Mag as a human but haven't bothered for ages because of all the threads that talk about how ridiculous the test is.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    Forget about the test

People are great at forgetting xD
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    edited June 13, 2018
    Imaizumi wrote: »
    GTCvActium wrote: »

Are you elf or human? I want Dan 3 Mag as a human but haven't bothered for ages because of all the threads that talk about how ridiculous the test is.

I'm human, if you're elf, you'll have an easier time. For the record I'm pretty sure I lost around 8m to it.
    Imaizumi
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    That's a lot of time sunk into the test...
  • PanPan
    edited June 13, 2018
    Tests are meant to be hard. Each region should learn to adapt rather than complain.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Tests are meant to be hard. Each region should learn to adapt rather than complain.

I think you missed the part where EU players literally have 0 chance of completing it due to lag.

And the part where NA players already struggle to do it with the lag.

And the part where NA players are only able to do it because of good RNG with their shots, crits, and mob spawn placement mainly.

Not because it took them 8m to adapt to the test.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Adapt by paying more. Seems legit
  • PanPan
    Yes, that is what gold is for. It is meant to be spent.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305

I just don't agree with this at all, flameburst is really really hard as well, but with proper aggro management, and various other skills you can do it with not too much RNG involved.

Dan mag is almost all RNG, not skill based. Bad mob placement can fail the run entirely.
    TheNyanCat
  • PanPan
    RNG just means you have to keep trying. You'll get the Dan eventually through pure luck.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    RNG just means you have to keep trying. You'll get the Dan eventually through pure luck.

That's why it's bull, we can play perfectly and still fail because of rng. If we don't play perfectly AND get random luck on our side throughout the entire run we or we can't pass. Not to mention there is also the chance that we never get random luck on our side. You can play hundreds of runs perfectly and still not get it because you missed three 99% shots at the end or some other unfortunate variation every time. But you can't just play willy nilly and pass because of perfect luck.