Check out the patch notes for the April 15 Update: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/66413/patch-notes-april-15th-2021
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

If I Were The Elder.....

ZarozianZarozian
Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
Posts: 275
Member
edited June 14, 2018 in General Chat
unknown.png

I'd probably hate what the world has become today....and possibly try to destroy it and fix things. =/

I can't help but to feel empathy and sympathy, as well as feel bad for him, all the sacrifices he's made and all the fighting he's done for a future like this..... v .v

I can relate. A little too much actually. =/

But hey on the bright side I get to become God now! ;D
  1. If you were the Elder what would you think of Erinn and its inhabitants today?23 votes
    1. I would hate them and try to destroy everything to restore it to the glory of what it once was!
       13% (3 votes)
    2. It's fine as is! There may be new problems but things are better now than back then!
       87% (20 votes)

Comments

  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,050
    Posts: 2,762
    Member
    edited June 14, 2018
    The world always suck. Individuals may change, but people never do. We are honestly no different in our nature than we were 200k years ago.

    Times may change, but they are merely akin to the coloured frosting on a cake. Morality and culture may change, but they arise from no different a process than that of before.

    Technology may usher in new changes, the environment may demand more or less, but the next generation will repeat the same errors as their progenitors.

    Honestly Zaro. Haven't you heard of the term rose tinted glasses? Or were you merely referring to the AFK crowd?

    Edit: On phone. Ugh, I hate the excessive usage of the term change.
    TwelieRadiant DawnJazmynZeopawcalypse
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    Posts: 275
    Member
    edited June 14, 2018
    The world always suck. Individuals may change, but people never do. We are honestly no different in our nature than we were 200k years ago.

    Times may change, but they are merely akin to the coloured frosting on a cake. Morality and culture may change, but they arise from no different a process than that of before.

    Technology may usher in new changes, the environment may demand more or less, but the next generation will repeat the same errors as their progenitors.

    Honestly Zaro. Haven't you heard of the term rose tinted glasses? Or were youerely referring to the AFK crowd?

    Morality and values are so warped these days.

    The Elder would have definitely been a conservative like me. = w=

    And nah, not the AFK crowd, but I was referring to the current player base and community. = 3=

    As for the world though I guess the heroes of the past can feel at ease, since there will always be people who are willing to make the "Sacrifice" that no one else will for the sake of a better future and hopefully steer it in the right direction where people are free to feel how the feel and think however they want as well as not getting offended by another. In my opinion people have grown weak emotionally and weaker in spirit.

    But I want you to imagine yourself in the Elder's armor.

    Your friends died and made sacrifices for the future, hell even in the latest cutscene in the quest, the Elder was walking along a beach and this priest comes up to him saying that his sister has passed on and he will soon join her, then the Elder just says "Ah so there are fewer of us now...." cause they basically stayed behind in Avalon to die. I guess the Milletian is talking to him while he's spending his final moments on the beach and going to the funerals for each of his fallen comrades. So he wants to know what kind of future did he manage to save, what are the people like?

    No doubt it's not going to meet his expectations especially if it's in the poor state that it's in now. But if he knew about it, he'd probably do something to fix that considering how he's still in the past, he'd probably have a plan, a very long term plan.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Posts: 661
    Member
    It doesn't matter what he thinks now. Just as the Elder protected his era with all his might, the divine knights of the current time is doing the same. Whether or not the values of the original protectors are still upheld, the protectors of this generation have their own values they want to uphold. That alone is worth protecting.
    ZarozianRadiant DawnJazmynZeoTheNyanCatpawcalypse
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    Posts: 275
    Member
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    It doesn't matter what he thinks now. Just as the Elder protected his era with all his might, the divine knights of the current time is doing the same. Whether or not the values of the original protectors are still upheld, the protectors of this generation have their own values they want to uphold. That alone is worth protecting.

    Oho! Well said!

    But why not look at this from the Elder's perspective or rather let me give you an example.

    What if years into the future from now, the conservatives and republicans collapse and just vanish, and with nothing left to keep liberalism in check, they start to run rampant, leading to an even more depraved society with strange and extreme, sick twisted fads, that you can't even imagine, a self destructive one, but not only that....

    ....to make things worse everyone accepts it as normal. Same example vice versa, what if all liberalism disappears?

    The thing is if you haven't experienced something better, whatever you have now is what you can expect to be the best. If you were born into a depraved society, you wouldn't have any idea what a righteous one would look like. Basically the bad things become the norm. Would you be okay with that?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,230
    Posts: 2,887
    Member
    Destroy and remake?

    See, talking like that is how you end up getting smeared across time and space by a protagonist with an anime haircuit and their plucky band of misfits.
    Likely done in by the power of friendship.


    Za-trope-ian, the Dark Lord!
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    Posts: 275
    Member
    edited June 14, 2018
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Destroy and remake?

    See, talking like that is how you end up getting smeared across time and space by a protagonist with an anime haircuit and their plucky band of misfits.
    Likely done in by the power of friendship.


    Za-trope-ian, the Dark Lord!

    Yeah sure, but a well written story always has two sides, you can instantly tell a good story from a bad one based on the villain, the reason for the villains action and the logic behind it.

    Ironically right now I am taking the Elder to talk to some people of present day and I have no clue why the hell I would bring the guy to Bean Rua which is basically just a night club for the depraved! >;(

    It's like they are deliberately trying to make the Elder not like the future! >;(

    Also what anime are you talking about?
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,050
    Posts: 2,762
    Member
    edited June 14, 2018
    Zarozian wrote: »
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    It doesn't matter what he thinks now. Just as the Elder protected his era with all his might, the divine knights of the current time is doing the same. Whether or not the values of the original protectors are still upheld, the protectors of this generation have their own values they want to uphold. That alone is worth protecting.

    Oho! Well said!

    But why not look at this from the Elder's perspective or rather let me give you an example.

    What if years into the future from now, the conservatives and republicans collapse and just vanish, and with nothing left to keep liberalism in check, they start to run rampant, leading to an even more depraved society with strange and extreme, sick twisted fads, that you can't even imagine, a self destructive one, but not only that....

    ....to make things worse everyone accepts it as normal. Same example vice versa, what if all liberalism disappears?

    The thing is if you haven't experienced something better, whatever you have now is what you can expect to be the best. If you were born into a depraved society, you wouldn't have any idea what a righteous one would look like. Basically the bad things become the norm. Would you be okay with that?

    Familiarity and "better" are not interchangeable.

    I accept these things on a case by case basis, no doubt dependent on what values I come to enshrine in my life experiences.

    Uncertainty frightens people. Many are afraid of a change when an outcome cannot be so easily ascertained.

    What is the point of me stating this apparent truth?

    While we do argue opinions like facts due to it being an inherent part of posing a moral claim, we should be more aware of our fallible myopia; weakness is a trait in all humans, and we won't improve if we consider ourselves without weakness or afraid of acknowledging it.

    The elder needs to reconsider some things. That is what we should all be doing.

    Damn phone, limiting my typing prowess.

    Thing is, there is a reason people tend to proselytize "their era" as superior, or their generation.

    I find it obnoxious and shortsighted, really.
    JazmynZeo
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,230
    Posts: 2,887
    Member
    Zarozian wrote: »
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Destroy and remake?

    See, talking like that is how you end up getting smeared across time and space by a protagonist with an anime haircuit and their plucky band of misfits.
    Likely done in by the power of friendship.


    Za-trope-ian, the Dark Lord!

    Yeah sure, but a well written story always has two sides, you can instantly tell a good story from a bad one based on the villain, the reason for the villains action and the logic behind it.

    Ironically right now I am taking the Elder to talk to some people of present day and I have no clue why the hell I would bring the guy to Bean Rua which is basically just a night club for the depraved! >;(

    It's like they are deliberately trying to make the Elder not like the future! >;(

    Also what anime are you talking about?

    None in particular, it's just a trope.
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    Posts: 275
    Member
    edited June 14, 2018
    @Blissfullkill Well change isn't always good. I just wish people were smarter to know what changes were good and what changes are bad and didn't rely on drugs to help them deal with their problems. There are things that we've kept the same in human history cause they've always worked and they gave us a righteous way of life that benefited all of us, but change is basically something that was meant to be good, twisted and turned into something evil, what was once a good thing is now used for something bad and since it's bad people disregard it and turn away from it, doing so will have good and bad outcomes especially if the path they take leads them to depravity.
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Zarozian wrote: »
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Destroy and remake?

    See, talking like that is how you end up getting smeared across time and space by a protagonist with an anime haircuit and their plucky band of misfits.
    Likely done in by the power of friendship.


    Za-trope-ian, the Dark Lord!

    Yeah sure, but a well written story always has two sides, you can instantly tell a good story from a bad one based on the villain, the reason for the villains action and the logic behind it.

    Ironically right now I am taking the Elder to talk to some people of present day and I have no clue why the hell I would bring the guy to Bean Rua which is basically just a night club for the depraved! >;(

    It's like they are deliberately trying to make the Elder not like the future! >;(

    Also what anime are you talking about?

    None in particular, it's just a trope.

    Well if I were an anime villain I'd probably summon the many legendary heroes from the past who sacrificed everything they had to protect the future but failed in the end, in order to give them another chance at finishing what they started.

    I'd love to see how far the power of friendship goes when it's pit against people who've had bonds far stronger and held them far longer than they did and now they're fighting against these new guys for the sake of their friends who've died in the past. = w=
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,050
    Posts: 2,762
    Member
    Zarozian wrote: »
    @Blissfullkill Well change isn't always good. I just wish people were smarter to know what changes were good and what changes are bad and didn't rely on drugs to help them deal with their problems. There are things that we've kept the same in human history cause they've always worked and they gave us a righteous way of life that benefited all of us, but change is basically something that was meant to be good, twisted and turned into something evil, what was once a good thing is now used for something bad and since it's bad people disregard it and turn away from it, doing so will have good and bad outcomes especially if the path they take leads them to depravity.

    I don't disagree, but there are those who state changes are to be inherently avoided, a venture too risky to engage in. Who simply dislike different. Trying to gauge the entirety of modern society with limited experience, an inflexible dogma, and a lack of trying to understand why, is the action I contest.

    Such things are not so easily done.

    That being said, I advise you to not use terms like "depravity" or "righteous" without an example or definition in some discussions.

    On their own, they are buzzwords that that mean different things to different individuals.
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    Posts: 275
    Member
    edited June 14, 2018
    Well to me no matter how horrible or how much suffering there is, as long as there are still good people, whether they are poor or dying as long as they remain righteous and help others, I'd say that future would be worth dying for. Certainly better than a high tier civilization like the Orokin Empire in Warframe, except everyone is an elitist and cruel prick. =/

    unknown.png

    Also this story line is really starting to hit home hard......like ouch even Duncan notices the decline in Milletians and the activities of the old days....

    unknown.png

    This is kind of scary cause it's so true. =/

    I'd definitely want to fix this problem but man what can I do? There's no one and nothing in the current generation of Mabi players that will do anything about it. So why not destroy the world and rebuild it into a new one?

    unknown.png

    Also very true....no one gets their own holy water anymore and that's why the prices on it have sky rocketed....I had a plan to get everyone to do them all again but no one wanted to take part in it or comply. ;(

    So sad.... don't you guys miss our glorious past and community at all? =/

    unknown.png

    Well at least the people in our community aren't cruel or harsh, but rather they have a lot of problems, and some just take it out on others, while the rest desperately cling to me to help them. =/

    unknown.png

    @Iyasenu OOOOOOH SNAP! DO YOU REMEMBER WHEN I SAID I'D BECOME GOD IN THAT THREAD THAT GOT DELETED? LMAO!

    Okay this is getting kinda creepy, why does it feel like they made G21 just for me or something? xD
    pawcalypse
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,050
    Posts: 2,762
    Member
    edited June 14, 2018
    Zarozian wrote: »
    Well to me no matter how horrible or how much suffering there is, as long as there are still good people, whether they are poor or dying as long as they remain righteous and help others, I'd say that future would be worth dying for. Certainly better than a high tier civilization like the Orokin Empire in Warframe, except everyone is an elitist and cruel prick. =/

    unknown.png

    Also this story line is really starting to hit home hard......like ouch even Duncan notices the decline in Milletians and the activities of the old days....

    unknown.png

    This is kind of scary cause it's so true. =/

    I'd definitely want to fix this problem but man what can I do? There's no one and nothing in the current generation of Mabi players that will do anything about it. So why not destroy the world and rebuild it into a new one?

    unknown.png

    Also very true....no one gets their own holy water anymore and that's why the prices on it have sky rocketed....I had a plan to get everyone to do them all again but no one wanted to take part in it or comply. ;(

    So sad.... don't you guys miss our glorious past and community at all? =/

    The problems lies with you instead of others, perhaps. Trying to foist your idea of paradise on others irks many. To actually enforce a change on others unwilling is a doomed effort.

    You can not change those who don't want to change, who see no reason to. To themselves, they are content. Have they not right to, no matter how illogical?

    Destroying the world is alone to a cosmic tantrum, a "This world isn't to my liking, so I will get rid of it without regarding the opinions of others!"

    Why should the opinion of one be held paramount to those of all affected? There is no doubt others share your view, yet there are many who do not.

    Who are you or I, any any single person to decide what is best for the majority, to rid one of self efficacy?

    Instead of choosing for others, give others a choice, I say. Create a bastion for like minded individuals, disatisfied with the common riffraff.
    Radiant DawnZeoTheNyanCatpawcalypse
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    Posts: 275
    Member
    edited June 14, 2018
    Bliss you were too slow. You might wanna reread some stuff since I edited some stuff in also:
    unknown.png
    The timing is like too perfect! Making me feel paranoid here! LMAO! xD

    The problems lies with you instead of others, perhaps. Trying to foist your idea of paradise on others irks many. To actually enforce a change on others unwilling is a doomed effort.

    You can not change those who don't want to change, who see no reason to. To themselves, they are content. Have they not right to, no matter how illogical?

    Destroying the world is alone to a cosmic tantrum, a "This world isn't to my liking, so I will get rid of it without regarding the opinions of others!"

    Why should the opinion of one be held paramount to those of all affected? There is no doubt others share your view, yet there are many who do not.

    Who are you or I, any any single person to decide what is best for the majority, to rid one of self efficacy?

    Instead of choosing for others, give others a choice, I say. Create a bastion for like minded individuals, disatisfied with the common riffraff.

    And you're right Blissy~

    Once I become God I'll just make myself a new world with a different outcome than the current one and let people decide which world they want to live in~

    That's a better solution isn't it? I can't wait to rub it in all your faces when my world turns out better than the old one~ = w=
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,230
    Posts: 2,887
    Member
    "I'll make my own world!
    With Blackjack!
    And hookers!

    In fact... forget the world!"


    Heheheh
    Radiant DawnBlissfulkill
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    Posts: 275
    Member
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    "I'll make my own world!
    With Blackjack!
    And hookers!

    In fact... forget the world!"


    Heheheh

    You're having way too much fun. = w=
    Iyasenu
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    Posts: 156
    Member
    Zarozian wrote: »
    unknown.png

    I'd probably hate what the world has become today....and possibly try to destroy it and fix things. =/

    I can't help but to feel empathy and sympathy, as well as feel bad for him, all the sacrifices he's made and all the fighting he's done for a future like this..... v .v

    I can relate. A little too much actually. =/

    But hey on the bright side I get to become God now! ;D

    hey OP. ithis is off topic but i wanted to ask. how is your Diologue box liek that? mine has the NPC art overlapping with it so i cant make out much of what their saying.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,610
    Posts: 6,926
    Member
    edited June 14, 2018
    Don't worry guys!

    hXCtdQI.png
    qDX66ad.png

    Avelin knows da wae.

    She is our queen.
    ZarozianTeases
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,050
    Posts: 2,762
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    Don't worry guys!

    hXCtdQI.png
    qDX66ad.png

    Avelin knows da wae.

    She is our queen.

    I thought you were, my liege.

    ;)
    WolfandWolf
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    Posts: 275
    Member
    edited June 14, 2018
    Zarozian wrote: »
    unknown.png

    I'd probably hate what the world has become today....and possibly try to destroy it and fix things. =/

    I can't help but to feel empathy and sympathy, as well as feel bad for him, all the sacrifices he's made and all the fighting he's done for a future like this..... v .v

    I can relate. A little too much actually. =/

    But hey on the bright side I get to become God now! ;D

    hey OP. ithis is off topic but i wanted to ask. how is your Diologue box liek that? mine has the NPC art overlapping with it so i cant make out much of what their saying.

    I'm a filthy stinking rich conservative man, who liberals and SJWs hate, so I have a huge monitor....so things are more spaced out. o -o

    I am joking. My screen is just bigger and therefore my resolution is bigger too.

    unknown.png

    But man they are really pushing it lmao.....pretty tenacious in making people stay.

    Even I can respect that.
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    Posts: 275
    Member
    Holy crap. Man I hope Brilluen meets a really cruel death by the end of this, she's practically the spirit of Fashionogi in the flesh. = .=
    Zephyrmaru