Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

G19 v G20 v G21

stomei97stomei97
Mabinogi Rep: 875
edited June 17, 2018 in General Chat
Alright, I haven't gone too far in with this chapter because on my main I just could not beat Realization. I eventually just started anew, and finally today beat Realization. Frankly, I don't know if I'll be able to beat the next two quests in G19, but hey, I'm trying. I don't have the money currently in order to throw into Mabinogi anymore.

Anyway. I was looking through the wiki to get an idea on how much more difficult G20 is, and all of the quests are set to the Basic difficulty. This is important because my new character is on the brink of being in hard mode for quests and I don't want to quite jump into that level just yet if need be.

I guess the main question is what is the difficulty comparison between G19, G20, G21. In other words is it like G19>G20>G21 or G19<G20<G21, etc.

You get the point.

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    G20 is much easier then G19, the enemies are all fairly easy and G20 has only maybe 2 challenging bosses.
  • LongSlyLongSly
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    Negumiko wrote: »
    G20 is much easier then G19, the enemies are all fairly easy and G20 has only maybe 2 challenging bosses.

You do get 5-6 enemies targeting you at once like a group of wasps at the end of G20 though, making it difficult to concentrate on one without being tossed around by the others once they get in range with a WIDE detection rate.

G19 and G20 are roughly the same for me difficulty wise, G20 just a bit more difficult (however G20 is just LONG and dull in some areas), G21 however goes WAY beyond difficulty near the end that you may find yourself stuck if you don't have high Defense or give strong attacks. May want to stock up on a lot of powerful potions too...
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    G21 > G20 > G19.

G19 is pure cancer.
    G20 was easy.
    And G21 was somewhat challenging and some mini-games/chores were interesting. Also the new guy is best husbando confirmed.
    Blissfulkill
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Difficulty? G19 is overwhelmingly cheap in its final battle.

You are essentially facing two Girgashiys, with their Holy Contagion attack draining a set amount of health that can only be tanked, and meteors that bypass Mana Shield, among others. (Been a long time) Your options for victory are to use the ever so slow Judgement Blade to take out 40% of their health, or to use brute force and kill them normally.

Except the latter is exceptionally slow unless you are packing in the equipment department. The former is frustrating since there are freaking TWO OF THEM. Meaning they can easily interrupt your 10 second casting animation. Oh, did I mention Contagion knocks you back, and stacks?

It is easily the least fair battle of the generations. My suggestion? Bring a Nao Soul Stone, die in the corner, and revive. Lure one back and finish him off. An HP Elixir also works wonders, as they essentially grant you 1 minute of nigh-invulnerability. You can also use Crisis escape.

Also, @stomei97 Basic Difficult means nothing. It usually indicates a lack of level scaling. In other words, everyone experiences the same difficulty, it is the default by virtue of being the only one everyone has to do.

G20 and G21 seemed equally difficult, but I have gained so many levels between their respective updates. I would say to utilize range for both of them. For the last boss fight with Hasidim, absolutely try to prevent any of the Alban Knight's death during one phase; otherwise, it is a mission failure. They'll be made invulnerable on the last leg, so do not worry.
  • SollSoll
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,330
    It is easily the least fair battle of the generations. My suggestion? Bring a Nao Soul Stone, die in the corner, and revive. Lure one back and finish him off. An HP Elixir also works wonders, as they essentially grant you 1 minute of nigh-invulnerability. You can also use Crisis escape.

You could also bring a guardian soul stone (6 adventure seals at the seal merchant, and we get some through the attendance event atm), use it and take advantage of the time you don't take damage to sic a blade on Girgashiy. It's better to get one blade to land on the both of them at the same time, but it can get tricky.

g20's final boss was fun, although not that challenging in my memory.

So far G21's boss fights need you to be decently prepared but it should be fairly straightforward. No say about what part 2 will bring yet though.
    Blissfulkill
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    If you include realization and the final, the difficulty scale goes as follows:
    G20 < G21 <<<<< G19

If you don't:
    G19 < G20 < G21
  • KedaruiKedarui
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,860
    to me it's g19>g21>>>>g20
    g20 was extremely easy, i think to make up for how difficult g19 was. g21 seems to be a balance between the two but it definitely is difficult. g21's part 1 final was absolute crap with how difficult it was, but it'll NEVER compare to how difficult g19's final was. but then again, i had only just started playing on this new account when i played g19 so there's the possibility that it was really hard because i was a baby milletian. with g21's part 1 final my total level is now over 2000 and i still went through over 30 nao stones. it was horrible.
  • TsumikkiTsumikki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    I can't clear the Someone's Necklace item elder RP in g20 because of ping to NA, so my voice is for g20.

• ThePravinThePravin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
    so far g21 is the hardest for me since the boss has an unavoidable one shot move, g20 was hard but at least nothing one shot even if a lot of damage was unavoidable. g20 is cake
  • RaykaRayka
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    to me is all the same is just G19 was annoying in realization and final yes annoying not difficult
    G20 easy and G21 i guess i found it easy thanks to all revival items from past events that was cake to finish it , but without any revival items the last fight vs Hasidim is stupid he can totally kill you with 2 rush or get killed by prophets while facing hasidim, the later can avoided by luring Hasidim away from them but Hasidim dmg is just meh so you're forced to spams pots to survive or like me use ManaShield + Reforge + MP Pots with normal hits
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    Did nobody think to use Wings of Eclipse during the G19 finale? I used it and the whole mission was a piece of cake :/
    Blissfulkill
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    Maybe it was just me being near maxed with 19k total levels and almost every skill capped, but I didn't have too much trouble surviving the last Hasidim battle; I could tank his double rush with Mana Shield a couple times before having to chug potions or fire off Inspiration. The problem was keeping the Knights alive—when Hasidim grabs one of them and starts draining 8000 HP a second from them, it requires several critical hits in rapid sequence to break them out before they're killed. /gg if Way of the Gun is on cooldown.
  • GretaGreta
    Shaeli wrote: »
    Maybe it was just me being near maxed with 19k total levels and almost every skill capped, but I didn't have too much trouble surviving the last Hasidim battle; I could tank his double rush with Mana Shield a couple times before having to chug potions or fire off Inspiration. The problem was keeping the Knights alive—when Hasidim grabs one of them and starts draining 8000 HP a second from them, it requires several critical hits in rapid sequence to break them out before they're killed. /gg if Way of the Gun is on cooldown.

Oh that. I like to use my Bargain Rainbow Beamswords and those gave me fast crits lol, so yeah... Completed it on first try. Just died once and drank some potions. Done.
  • RaykaRayka
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    edited June 18, 2018
    Shaeli wrote: »

i thought that skill was 1 time only....
    i mean in the whole fight he used it only 1 time when the <power> thing come into play so all i did was using FH + daggers or WoG
    Donk3y wrote: »
    Did nobody think to use Wings of Eclipse during the G19 finale? I used it and the whole mission was a piece of cake :/

because DevCat never thought to put a limit on G progression so people can do G19 even starting as lv 1 without getting Demigod
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    They're all too much text and not enough fighting. At least G19-20 give you skill ._.
  • GretaGreta
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    They're all too much text and not enough fighting. At least G19-20 give you skill ._.

Dude... We only got Part 1 of G21. It is confirmed that Milletians get a new "skill" when fully completing G21. It is chapter finale after all.
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    edited June 18, 2018
    I feel like G21 has a lot of fake difficulty on it. For me it hasn't been death that's the trouble. It's all of a sudden getting the "Mission Failed" box coming up. Then it's like okay what arbitrary thing do you want me to do that you aren't explaining very well. Like the final boss requiring me to crit it 8 times in quick success or the Dragon wanting me to use Defense instead of Shield of Trust :/ Or Avelin running too far ahead of you >.>

G19 was of course much harder than G20. At least in G20 you had Talvish who could revive you which pretty much removed any difficult part that could be present. A bit too watered down if you ask me.

We'll see how part 2 goes.

That being said G19 final was still pretty easy for me on this character cause of my high stats. I just spammed firebolt to win. When I was doing it on KR with my under 1k character, that was a different story and I struggled.

As for what people are saying about the G21 Part 1 boss I only saw him use that draining skill once which I used way of the gun for and he didn't use it again after that. He also didn't hit that hard. I just threw mana shield on and was fine for most of the fight. Although I did notice he got stuck on some rocks in the upper left corner of the map. Maybe that had something to do with it.
    Jazmyn