Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Thoughts On G21? (Content And Story)

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I think it's funny how Llywelyn was supposed to go to the Lughnasadh Unit of the Knights.

Ya'know, the same unit that Shuan is a member of.

And what was with that one part where Llywelyn said that his "primary function is defensive" and then adds that it's more like he's "functioning defensively for the moment".

This wasn't explained in part 1 was it?
    That apparently he wasn't always a Shield of Trust user?

From back in G19, we learned that the Knights each only control 1 form of divine skill, either warding, binding, or smiting type, but I can't remember it being touched upon being able to change their form of skill. (which is why it was important that the Milletian could use all 3 at once)
    So is this the first example of someone apparently being able to change their divine skill's function to another type?

Besides the Elder who was also able to use all 3 forms at once, of course.
    Imaizumi
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 19, 2018
    Greta wrote: »
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    Llewelyn= The intelligent yet snarky one, whose coy demeanor is belied by a playful interest in the MIlletian, who has resisted his overwhelmingly charm. The milletian piqued his curiosity, whose willful nature is less of resistance then of disinterest. Will he seduce the milletian? He likes reading romantic poetry and shakespeare, appreciating the fine arts, and appreciating masterpieces like you! ;)

Altam= The resident cute and the quite forward loving one, with a bit of baggage from the past yet is so openly appreciate of the future, especially since the milletian is in his life. Likes long walks on the beach, girls who like him for more than his looks (AKA not 99% of Altam fanboys), and you. :D

Caswyn= The loving yet aloof member of the Alban Knights, who isn't so open of his devotion to his beloved till the time comes. Underneath his apathetic and slacker demeanor lies someone looking for a purpose, for someone who understands the gentle thundering of his stormy heart. An introvert by nature, he finds himself coming more and more out of his shell when a certain individual is nearby. He may not like effort, but he loathes losing an opportunity to find some of like mind in this world. Likes sitting alone from the common riff raff, wearing rock costumes and pretending he is a pile of granite, staring at the sky, and cuddling without words with someone like you. :o

Talvish= The mature and fatherly leader of the Alban Knights. He may present a bit of an austere presence with his professional mannerisms, but don't let that fool you. Talvish is business in the streets, and a FILF in the sheets! Need a shoulder to cry on? A man to hold you through the night, and carry you over the threshold and saying "Everything will be alright, I am here...Desu."? Then hook up with Talvish, who will be your anchor in the stormy seas of love and life! Likes preparing tea of both British and Japanese descent, helping out in his local community, gardening, and patting the heads of someone like you. :)

The amount of text put in here represent how important the character is. :P
    Llewelyn should have more text here. He seems to be sassy, a great match for me. The husbando of 2018. :D

I got real into it around Caswyn, hence the overly saccharine as they are hyperbolic metaphors. The type of writing you would see in a poorly written adult novel. ;)

Ooh, I'll write a more sadistic side to him.

Edit: Now it's fixed.

I understand now, bliss is writing some novel where she's caught between 4 pretty boys who are all competing with each other for her affection! Probably part of some super popular band called Alban Knights or something.

...I need to stop before this gets out of hand.

A new Dating Sim game released by Nexon! Meet and date your dreamy Alban Knight!

Coming soon...

Dam i actually would like that.

Oh boy, the bad ends I can imagine!
    -Altam kidnaps you in a creepy fanboy gone haywire to his forbidden love shack, fitted with a shrine dedicated to his idol.

-Talvish slaps you, and leaves you to die to the prophets.

-Caswyn like "Hey whatever, I still got Pihne".

-Llewelyn sacrifices you and the alban knight to become part of the Ladeca's hand known as Femto.

No no, i got good one for Talvish:

-Talvish rejects your feelings by saying that you are more like a little sister/brother to them and just laughs at you, leaving you standing there like a dummy. xD
    BlissfulkillKingofrunes
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I think it's funny how Llywelyn was supposed to go to the Lughnasadh Unit of the Knights.

Ya'know, the same unit that Shuan is a member of.

And what was with that one part where Llywelyn said that his "primary function is defensive" and then adds that it's more like he's "functioning defensively for the moment".

This wasn't explained in part 1 was it?
    That apparently he wasn't always a Shield of Trust user?

From back in G19, we learned that the Knights each only control 1 form of divine skill, either warding, binding, or smiting type, but I can't remember it being touched upon being able to change their form of skill. (which is why it was important that the Milletian could use all 3 at once)
    So is this the first example of someone apparently being able to change their divine skill's function to another type?

Besides the Elder who was also able to use all 3 forms at once, of course.

He was reassigned at the last minute, from the intelligence unit to the exploration unit, concerning his intuitions and various other divine anomalies. They are keeping us in the dark for now.
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    edited June 19, 2018
    Llewelyn= The intelligent yet snarky one, whose coy demeanor is belied by a playful interest in the MIlletian, who has resisted his overwhelmingly charm. The milletian piqued his curiosity, whose willful nature is less of resistance then of disinterest. Will he seduce the milletian? He may be quick witted and scathing with his sarcastic and slightly sadistic fusilade of words turned verbal abuse yet beneath all that egotism is loneliness; he wishes for someone, anyone, to understand him as he is. Not a spoiled nobleman of a pedigree to be worshipped as a god, but to be understood as another human being. He likes reading romantic poetry and shakespeare, appreciating the fine arts, working out his gumanship and appreciating masterpieces like you! ;)

Altam= The resident cute and the quite forward loving one, with a bit of baggage from the past yet is so openly appreciate of the future, especially since the milletian is in his life. Likes long walks on the beach, girls who like him for more than his looks (AKA not 99% of Altam fanboys), and you. :D

Caswyn= The loving yet aloof member of the Alban Knights, who isn't so open of his devotion to his beloved till the time comes. Underneath his apathetic and slacker demeanor lies someone looking for a purpose, for someone who understands the gentle thundering of his stormy heart. An introvert by nature, he finds himself coming more and more out of his shell when a certain individual is nearby. He may not like effort, but he loathes losing an opportunity to find some of like mind in this world. Likes sitting alone from the common riff raff, wearing rock costumes and pretending he is a pile of granite, staring at the sky, and cuddling without words with someone like you. :o

Talvish= The mature and fatherly leader of the Alban Knights. He may present a bit of an austere presence with his professional mannerisms, but don't let that fool you. Talvish is business in the streets, and a FILF in the sheets! Need a shoulder to cry on? A man to hold you through the night, and carry you over the threshold and saying "Everything will be alright, I am here...Desu."? Then hook up with Talvish, who will be your anchor in the stormy seas of love and life! Likes preparing tea of both British and Japanese descent, helping out in his local community, gardening, and patting the heads of someone like you. :)

That was the most beautiful thing I read. I love the descriptions you gave each of them. All of the knights are fantastic and they all would make great partners in life regardless of your orientation.
    A new Dating Sim game released by Nexon! Meet and date your dreamy Alban Knight!

Coming soon...

Dam i actually would like that.

I too would enjoy playing this Dating Sim.
    Oh boy, the bad ends I can imagine!

-Altam kidnaps you in a creepy fanboy gone haywire to his forbidden love shack, fitted with a shrine dedicated to his idol.

-Talvish slaps you, and leaves you to die to the prophets.

-Caswyn like "Hey whatever, I still got Pihne".

-Llewelyn sacrifices you and the alban knight to become part of the Ladeca's hand known as Femto.

Oh god these bad endings, I love them. I also like what someone said about Talvish saying you are more of a little sister/brother to him. I can see that. He seems like the older brother type, loves to tease you but in the end means well.
  • TeasesTeases
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,630

Oh god these bad endings, I love them. I also like what someone said about Talvish saying you are more of a little sister/brother to him. I can see that. He seems like the older brother type, loves to tease you but in the end means well.

111_zpszfxpfxsx.png
    KingofrunesBlissfulkillanthyChizuki
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    Teases wrote: »

111_zpszfxpfxsx.png

Okay that is amazing, best response someone could give me ever.

111_zpszfxpfxsx.png

What's less than zero, though?
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    It's pretty clear that Talvish isn't a good guy at this point (or he's not entirely honest with his actions at the least). Which is a shame because I do like him.

What makes you think that Talvish isn't a good guy? The guy has saved our butts multiple times. I have nothing but respect for him. If Talvish was a bad guy he wouldn't have saved us in G20 or G21. He's just a bit of an enigma, but he's perfectly reasonable.

I think talvish is the BBEG because he's never actually there when we need him, but he's always there juuuuuust before things go too far. He's a higher rank than the other knights (or at least the leader) but sometimes it feels like he knows a little too much. I feel as if he's acting based on a script, not who he actually is. Or maybe that really is his personality and he thinks he's doing the right thing but isn't. He seems very determined to keep us alive, but as we know the power of a millitian is needed for a whole lotta stuff, including old rituals so we may just be an irreplaceable chess piece and by saving us we trust him.
  • BlankeyeBlankeye
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,640
    edited June 19, 2018
    Gosh reading Altam discourse is the best popcorn material ever.

imo you can like or dislike any character for subjective reasons but I'm a bit tired of people labeling characters as 'objectively bad' or at least implying it by saying "x has only y going for them and only exists for fanboys/fangirls)" like everyone will have their own reasons for liking or disliking a character and dang I'll be the one to tell you right now you are allowed to hate a character without anyone making you feel bad about hating that character but can you maybe do the people who like that character the same courtesy? I like Altam despite he flaws and god he certainly has a lot of them but don't tell me the only reason that I or anyone else who likes him is "just for his looks" or "just to appeal to fangirls" like come on and get over yourself. You can have your opinions and voice them but those kinds of 'objective' comments are really rude.

Anyway I actually like all the knights, Talvish is the best written knight imo despite not being my favorite (he's the most complex and least trope-y). He genuinely cares about the Milletian and seems to really do anything in his power to protect them. His way of going about things can be a little sketchy but I think his personality is very "the end justifies the means" and will bend the rules if he knows it is for the greater good.
    Llywelyn is amusing and great and balances Altam out well and puts him in his place which I think he deserves since I'm pretty sure he needs to learn that people (ie the Milletian) and not infallible and can fail and make mistake just like anyone else. Plus his snark and sarcasm is welcome in the group dynamic.
    Avelin is a great voice of reason and I like how we finally got to see the parts that makes her vulnerable, it made her a more relatable character. Showing that even the people who pretend to be strong and put together can still have insecurities.
    Pihne is sweet and gentle and a group of hard-knock knights needs someone like that once in a while to soften the atmosphere. She dealt with a lot of very difficult things, as have pretty much all the knights from the looks of it, but she overcame it and left as a stronger person. I think her presence is both comforting to Caswyn and to Avelin, which helps the flow of the group.
    Caswyn is more serious in this gen, wearing his armor properly and not complaining about everything. He's shown character development from G20 which is really cool!! That's good continuity! Though from the post-part 1 Caswyn laying around Avalon camp, he's still got a bit of his old self inside, which is welcome, since he's a big doof.
    Lastly, Altam is definitely overenthusiastic and unprofessional. But throughout this story he's slowly growing in maturity and strength, overcoming demons and looking to the Milletian for inspiration. Yes, he comes on strong. Yes, he can get in the way of things but the other knights, even Avelin, care deeply for him because they know he means well and want to see him shine and grow, because they understand the potential he has, and with the help of everyone, Altam will become the hero that he dreams of being. It's a clumsy ride to that point, but he'll get there. He's NOT useless and he has just as good of a reason to be there as anyone else. He's happy-go-lucky and excitable, but he certainly looks like deep down he hates (or hated) himself a lot. His overwhelming energy and positivity is most likely a cover for that, the same way Pihne covered up her scars in G20 with a fake smile. What matters is that that fake smile eventually turned into a real one by the end, and I think the same will happen for Altam.
    I can understand why anyone would find Altam, or any of the other knights annoying and unlikable because it's a matter of personal taste and that's totally fine.
    However, in the end, that's all it is. Subjective taste. Hate any character. Like any character. What does it matter. Stop putting down other people for who they like and dislike. You aren't better than them just because you don't "fall into the mass crowd of fangirls/boys who worship Altam". You're on a pretty high horse for acting that way.
    Kingofrunes
    Opinions are objectively stated. That is an inherent part of making any claim. Reiterating an opinion to be one's own view is stupid; it should be apparent to anyone reading it.

Getting that of the way, I agree with you there @Blankeye It is one thing to hold an opinion, but another to make claims about the fanbase. WHILE I WOULD CAUTION against taking generalities literally, due to the fact that exceptions always exist in some form, it is something I find highly inappropriate.

To recapitulate, not everything stated generally is meant to be applied unanimously, but to point to a seeming conspicuous trend. Insult the work and not the fanbase, and opinions are stated as they are facts.
    Blankeye
  • BlankeyeBlankeye
    Opinions are objectively stated. That is an inherent part of making any claim. Reiterating an opinion to be one's own view is stupid; it should be apparent to anyone reading it.

Getting that of the way, I agree with you there @Blankeye It is one thing to hold an opinion, but another to make claims about the fanbase. WHILE I WOULD CAUTION against taking generalities literally, due to the fact that exceptions always exist in some form, it is something I find highly inappropriate.

To recapitulate, not everything stated generally is meant to be applied unanimously, but to point to a seeming conspicuous trend. Insult the work and not the fanbase, and opinions are stated as they are facts.

Oh I definitely understand that and agree that people usually present their subjective thoughts as objective, and that in itself is obvious and fine, but I'm just tired of people passive-aggressively insulting all fans of a characters by implying that the only reason they have for liking said character is superficial and redundant. It's a bit exhausting to see people act like they're better than other people just because they don't like that one character that everyone else does. We're all just a bunch of people playing an mmo and loving/hating on fictional characters that don't mean much in the grand scheme of things and no one should be put down for their opinions on fictional people.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Blankeye wrote: »
    Gosh reading Altam discourse is the best popcorn material ever.

imo you can like or dislike any character for subjective reasons but I'm a bit tired of people labeling characters as 'objectively bad' or at least implying it by saying "x has only y going for them and only exists for fanboys/fangirls)" like everyone will have their own reasons for liking or disliking a character and dang I'll be the one to tell you right now you are allowed to hate a character without anyone making you feel bad about hating that character but can you maybe do the people who like that character the same courtesy? I like Altam despite he flaws and god he certainly has a lot of them but don't tell me the only reason that I or anyone else who likes him is "just for his looks" or "just to appeal to fangirls" like come on and get over yourself. You can have your opinions and voice them but those kinds of 'objective' comments are really rude.

However, in the end, that's all it is. Subjective taste. Hate any character. Like any character. What does it matter. Stop putting down other people for who they like and dislike. You aren't better than them just because you don't "fall into the mass crowd of fangirls/boys who worship Altam". You're on a pretty high horse for acting that way.

Oh the irony...
    A character also can be objectively bad, while none of the knights are we do have some in the saga stories.
    Greta
  • BlankeyeBlankeye
    edited June 19, 2018

Oh the irony...
    A character also can be objectively bad, while none of the knights are we do have some in the saga stories.

Dunno what's ironic about it. Hate a fictional character and it's fine because they don't exist and it doesn't matter. Just don't be a jerk to the people who do like that character. That's all I'm saying. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It doesn't take a lot of effort to be respectful to people even if they disagree with you. I don't go around trash talking people who hate Altam, but I won't go around tolerating people who trash talk the people who DO like him.

And while I'm not a fan for like 50% of the Saga characters, I guarantee someone out there probably likes the ones that are 'poorly written' (and I agree, a bunch are definitely poorly written), and those people should also be allowed to like those characters without being made to feel bad about it. :v

All I'm saying is
    "[character] is stupid" = fine
    "The fans of that character are stupid" = not fine.
  • TeasesTeases
    edited June 19, 2018
    I nearly lost it when Little Wish was playing as Talvish slapped you back into reality. The same thing could be said about Aodhan at the end of Generation... 3(?), but that's all in the past. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Can't you people see that Shaun is the real husbando?

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I nearly lost it when Little Wish was playing as Talvish slapped you back into reality. The same thing could be said about Aodhan at the end of Generation... 3(?), but that's all in the past. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Can't you people see that Shaun is the real husbando?

Liar.

Shuan's the real...
    WAIFU

e9677eb0d6.png
    That April Fools Event is still amazing.
    TeasesCallantheImaizumiWolfandWolfTwelie
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I can clearly see that Iyasenu's favorite is Shuan :D
    Iyasenu
    edited June 19, 2018
    Damn phone.
    Greta
  • TeasesTeases
    edited June 19, 2018
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Liar.

Shuan's the real...
    WAIFU

e9677eb0d6.png
    That April Fools Event is still amazing.

2_zpszduwposk.gif

You got me there.
    Iyasenu
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    edited June 19, 2018
    And while I'm not a fan for like 50% of the Saga characters, I guarantee someone out there probably likes the ones that are 'poorly written' (and I agree, a bunch are definitely poorly written), and those people should also be allowed to like those characters without being made to feel bad about it. :v

*raises hand*

I actually love Merlin and 100% support him. Treasure Hunter I also want to learn more about. Heck, I'd love to learn about and hear more about the Aces stories to be honest. It was nice seeing them in the chainblade quest line and I get really excited everytime I see them.
    BlankeyeChizuki
  • BlankeyeBlankeye

*raises hand*

I actually love Merlin and 100% support him. Treasure Hunter I also want to learn more about. Heck, I'd love to learn about and hear more about the Aces stories to be honest. It was nice seeing them in the chainblade quest line and I get really excited everytime I see them.

Merlin and TH are my fave saga characters and I was so happy to see Merlin in G21 so I am ALL FOR THIS #giveMerlinandTHmorescreentime