Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

I don't have time for the Avalon Raids

OvernOvern
Mabinogi Rep: 535
edited June 17, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
With them being almost impossible to track outside knowing about the 2 hour waiting period, I've honestly given up on trying to meet the goal of doing 5 of them over 5 different days.

The fact that I don't know the hour from the traveler's guide only makes it worse since I don't know when to head to avalon and channel jump to look for it, and I usually have other things I want to do making it fairly stupid to just sit there. What's more is that I can't do off game things on my computer while the game runs in the background since it overheats and I won't see any notification even if I was in the right channel. The first day I logged in, I was lucky enough to run into two raids on the same channel back to back.. I was DC'd on the second one right as it died however and got no reward. I thought it wouldn't be a problem. It really is.

I don't care if it's how things work to avoid channel hopping, Make the notification Global across all channels explaining which ch the raid is happening on, Or put some mark on the traveler's guide such as the clock in the top right corner of it, just make the text gold or something on the hour it spawns.. or.. Something, just so that it's easier to track and I don't waste 6 hours sitting around every day because it's spawning on other Channels.

I know I'm not the only one this is effecting either :/ Just I'm a guildless solo player so I don't have people that can track these things for me so it's fairly bothersome to lock an event reward behind something you can't easily track or be notified for regardless of ch.
MyutoShauniDomz

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    My suggestion about this situation would be to add additional functionality to the NPC Innes.

Make it so that she'll notify that an Avalon raid boss has appeared, and act similar to the Town Messenger, in that she'll be able to teleport you to the raid area. (although more important have a button appear that acts as proof that the boss has appeared)

It'd make the only channel surfing/gathering spot be over at Innes, which'd make it easier for everyone to stick together.

Though I like the ideas of also having the info available in the Traveler's Guide and having the spawn message appear on all channels, saying stuff like "Sylvan Dragon has appeared on Channel 4!".
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 17, 2018
    I agree.

Was semi-afk for freaking ~6 hours in hopes for seeing at least one spawn (changed channels, locations, etc. and no luck). A decent amount of players gathered and everyone were confused when it happens (in Alexina ch1). After hours of waiting, all of sudden, the raids were starting massively and SOMEHOW few people were able to track down where spawns what...
    It's so awful and stupid, i don't understand how these raids work...
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    People are tracking and sharing the raid channels, times and locations on discord. There's a large group of players working together on it. That's why there's a bunch of seemingly omniscient raiders moving between channels all at once and killing the bosses within minutes.

I agree that it's 1000x more frustrating when you're out of the loop.

Another great thing is that the raids stop spawning during the American night time, which is when I and other Oceanian players usually get online. If I can get on during the late afternoon, there's about 3-4 hours of raiding before the spawns just stop for the rest of my evening.
  • GretaGreta
    Eralea wrote: »
    People are tracking and sharing the raid channels, times and locations on discord. There's a large group of players working together on it. That's why there's a bunch of seemingly omniscient raiders moving between channels all at once and killing the bosses within minutes.

Can you please tell me what Discord server it is? I don't think that it's Official Unofficial Mabinogi one, unless i somehow missed that.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    It's not the Official Unofficial. I'm not sure if the server owner would be happy if I posted the link, though, but I can see that you found it so... welcome lol.
    Greta
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I found two of them once every 2 hours on like ch5 seems to spawn frequently there
  • GretaGreta
    edited June 17, 2018
    Eralea wrote: »
    It's not the Official Unofficial. I'm not sure if the server owner would be happy if I posted the link, though, but I can see that you found it so... welcome lol.

Yup. Seems like this server is really helpful. I'm glad that i found it. Alexina for the win!
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I've been finding them with no issues on Mari .-.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    Yes, please fix this. Let's not force us to rely on outside sources to play the game.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    edited June 18, 2018
    You should work together with your server.Create a discord server for raid times. Mari has a raid time discord server were we are alerting people every time one spawns and it's working pretty alright so far.
  • GretaGreta
    edited June 18, 2018
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    You should work together with your server.Create a discord server for raid times. Mari has a raid time discord server were we are alerting people every time one spawns and it's working pretty alright so far.

I'm wondering how Tarlach and Ruairi are going with these raids... :trollface:
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Greta wrote: »
    I'm wondering how Tarlach and Ruairi are going with these raids... :trollface:

Don't know if anyone is actually tracking them but I personally haven't had a problem finding them on Tarlach. There have always been a lot of others there too so there are plenty of people to help kill them.
  • GretaGreta
    edited June 19, 2018
    People in Alexina already figured out how spawns work and even made a table of times when they can spawn.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    People in Alexina already figured out how spawns work and even made a table of times when they can spawn.

it makes doing the daily for g21 event and just farming them in general really easy.
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

it makes doing the daily for g21 event and just farming them in general really easy.

True. I almost gave up on it, but decided to ask around people if anyone know any Discord server where people share Avalon raid information and i actually found it.
  • Terror1976Terror1976
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,475
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    See, once again though. Whyyyyy have that Traveler's Guide if it's completely useless? Keep old content updated and some ingame documentation at all. This isn't wiki, this is mabinogi. Can we please play the right game. Shoving 5k free levels into a newbie's face isn't gonna make them feel any more welcome if this kind of stuff keeps being perpetuated.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    The Traveler's Guide isn't completely useless, though. It could just use an update.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Traveler's Guide allows teleport from homesteads. Use it to get around Continent Warp cooldown. See this guide.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Ok, so it's not completely useless. My bad! I see your point! Grats! That wasn't my point at all though. It basically only just got implemented and it's already outdated on that section, despite literally having an entire section dedicated to raids. Maybe that's what I meant?