Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Friends List Update

IccurasIccuras
Mabinogi Rep: 510
edited June 20, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
Hey everyone, so I've been thinking a lot about the small things in game that could use a bit of tweaking and one of the ones i think would have a great impact is the Friends List Update. There are a few things I think we can all agree that need to be addressed, starting with :

1. The Blacklist- I believe that once someone is added to the blacklist that they should not be able to contact you anymore( via notes, messages or other communications), but mostly I
want to see the blacklist as something that doesn't take up a space on your friends list, meaning once you add someone to it, they don't waste a spot for a potential friend.

2. Bigger Friends List - id like to have the ability to add more than the amount of friends I have, and detest having to go in and delete someone I might not want to delete just to add new friends, which goes back to the blacklist feature as mentioned above. With the amount of unnecessary spam bots that roam the areas and the only way to silence them is to add them to the blacklist, this used up a vital space which would allow for interactions with new or returning players.

3.Favorite Star- I cannot begin to tell how many times I've gone through my friends list and wished I had a little star that I could check next to the names of players that I found important or wanted to keep as friends. I think it would be a very simple addition to the game that would save us the trouble of trying to remember who someone is or if they were important ( i.e you added someone for a PTJ and forgot to remove). It could be a blank star next to their names in the friends list and once checked they would appear at the top of the list in bold letters with a filled in star next to their name.

and finally, for now

4. Last Login Timer Display - For those of us, like myself, who have a full friends list and have all the problems above, this one might be the best fix for most of the problems, and since its already implemented in game already, it would be the easiest to do. Add the Last Login Display from the Guild Members tab to all players on your friends list. This would show who we talk to on a recurring basis and those whom we haven't spoke to in a long time. This in conjunction with the Favorite's Star would be instrumental in keeping a much better and much more accurate list of friends we have and ultimately make it much easier for us to interact with someone we have before without being forgotten.

Id really appreciate your feedback on this, as I believe it would be a fantastic set of additions to the world of Mabinogi
  1. Whats is your opinion?4 votes
    1. This is an AMAZING IDEA! I need this implemented like yesterday! Listen to us Nexon Senpai :)
       75% (3 votes)
    2. Sounds good, but never really needed it to be updated.
       25% (1 vote)
    3. Meh, I just delete someone and add someone else.
       0% (0 votes)
    4. I don't even pay attention to it and hardly manage people on my friends list.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• ForeRuniaForeRunia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    Sounds pretty good~ I would love the last login timer, and for the blacklist to be updated. It'd be really nice if I could chat mute certain players without blacklisting them. Perhaps the chat mute is temporary and only lasts a couple hours or a day. That way I don't need to clutter the blacklist with bots spamming the chat. At the very least, it'd be sweet to see the blacklist be a separate list altogether so it could be organized from bots to actual players, without impeding on the username limit in the friends list.

Only one I don't see a need for is the stars. You can right click "ETC" and make groups, title them whatever you want, then right click usernames and move them into the other groups. The ETC becomes the default group usernames are put in when you add a friend. As long as you're up to date with it, it should be pretty easy to keep things organized.
    Iccuras
  • IccurasIccuras
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    ForeRunia wrote: »
    Sounds pretty good~ I would love the last login timer, and for the blacklist to be updated. It'd be really nice if I could chat mute certain players without blacklisting them. Perhaps the chat mute is temporary and only lasts a couple hours or a day. That way I don't need to clutter the blacklist with bots spamming the chat. At the very least, it'd be sweet to see the blacklist be a separate list altogether so it could be organized from bots to actual players, without impeding on the username limit in the friends list.

Only one I don't see a need for is the stars. You can right click "ETC" and make groups, title them whatever you want, then right click usernames and move them into the other groups. The ETC becomes the default group usernames are put in when you add a friend. As long as you're up to date with it, it should be pretty easy to keep things organized.

While I agree with you on the top portion of your comment, I think the favorite's star would be a great addition to both normal friends list and something as an addition to the Groups which I never use. Id rather not group everyone in a single group as opposed to selecting which are my favorites above the rest similar to the Homestead Favorites feature :)

Either way, I value your feedback and appreciate the response and vote :)
    ForeRunia
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Nice suggestion. I'd also like to suggest checkboxes next to each friend's name so that when you move them to another group or delete them, you can select multiple names at a time instead of having to right click each name one-by-one. Ideally the note and mail systems would also have this feature for their lists. To reduce possible clutter (considering all of the other features you mentioned), perhaps the checkboxes will only appear when you go into something called "Edit Mode", which can be accessed via a button titled "Edit" somewhere easily seen in each the friend list, note, and mailbox features. After going into Edit Mode, "Move" and "Delete" (as well as any other necessary buttons) will also appear after selecting at least one item in the lists. There could also be a "Select all" button to select every item in a given list.

Hope my suggestion made sense. =)
    Iccuras