Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Finale?

KaibaAkayukiKaibaAkayuki
Mabinogi Rep: 1,225
in General Chat
So is the the Actual last chapter of the story? or just the end of Chapter 6???

The Title Screen makes it kinda unclear.

Comments

• KingofrunesKingofrunes
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    edited June 21, 2018
    I'm assuming the end of Chapter 6. KR is still updating after all, it's clear they aren't done yet.

That being said, I'm not hopeful for anything to come for another couple years. It's been what 2 years since G20 was released? If it took them that long to write up a conclusion to a story, I don't have much hope/faith in them being able to write a brand new storyline for the next chapter anytime soon.

Of course there's nothing wrong with that. Some games run on really long update cycles like that. I mean take GW2 and how much time passes between their expansions. Granted there is a lot of living seasons in between each expansion, hmmmm....
    Imaizumi
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited June 21, 2018
    It's certainly not the writing that plays a legup in delays in most of the usual cases when it comes to a videogame

It's getting all of the ingame items up and running and figuring out where in the game-world the story-guy wants all of the events to take place. And then getting it all to work within that game's limitations without needing to rebuild the actual exe file that's the reaaaalll headache

I do wonder if the player will ever go back to working directly with gods to do actual 'mabinogi' things instead of the spaghetti-medieval setting the game has been doing. Or ...you know... some new missions with Morrighan or Nuadha
    Teddie
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    edited June 21, 2018
    That is also fair, one can't rush these things. When one is caught up to KR, there's a lot of waiting involved that's for sure.

As for if we will ever go back to helping Morrighan, I doubt it. They explicitly stated they can't intervene. I don't think they have any intention of intervening considering how much trouble they caused trying to fix each other's mistakes. That is, until Bella, whom Morrighan loved, was all "I sacrifice myself to fix this mess now stop fighting".
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I am unsure why one thinks this is the last chapter and end of the story, and am flabbergasted at how idiotic people are to think the game is ending.

Seriously? An MMO is not a long running sitcom, not a serialized manga. They are not a series of video games. MMOs do not end because the creator(s) lose interest, and wish to finish the story. MMOs are made to run indefinitely, till the profits dry up. One doesn't quit due to a lack of interest of it as an artistic endeavour, they quit when it stops making money. Interest doesn't apply in 99.9% of scenarios.
    Imaizumi
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    If I had a dollar for everytime someone though Finale was the end of Mabi. I would be rich. I don't even know how people could think that when there are threads and the website saying the end of the alban knights.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    The title screen, by itself, does kinda make it a bit unclear.
    If all you see is Mabinogi, and Finale.

But like others have said here, if you look at other places, like the announcements and such, it's made clearer that this is just the Finale of the Alban Knights story arc.
    And "Finale" is G21's subtitle, like how G1's is "Advent of the Goddess" or G3's is "Dark Knight".

I mean, if you want to know what it'll look like when Mabi's really coming to an end, we've got an entire community of EU players who could tell you firsthand.
    Iyasenu wrote: »

But like others have said here, if you look at other places, like the announcements and such, it's made clearer that this is just the Finale of the Alban Knights story arc.
    And "Finale" is G21's subtitle, like how G1's is "Advent of the Goddess" or G3's is "Dark Knight".

I mean, if you want to know what it'll look like when Mabi's really coming to an end, we've got an entire community of EU players who could tell you firsthand.

I also have DFO experience. The approach generally is a snowball effect. Updates stop coming in, cheap events roll around, the GMs stop trying. They offer free NX to newer players. Game closes.
    Imaizumi
  • RaykaRayka
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    edited June 22, 2018
    Iyasenu wrote: »

I also have DFO experience. The approach generally is a snowball effect. Updates stop coming in, cheap events roll around, the GMs stop trying. They offer free NX to newer players. Game closes.

isn't the same for Mabi EU? hackers running everywhere black robing and crashing the server and GM&Staff taking weeks to reset server back to normal then got crashed again after few mins, then last straw they decided to shut it down cause was not profittable running it anymore with everyone quitting the game

just thinking back there that was really the Finale and Apocalypse of Mabi Eu
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited June 22, 2018
    Lets not forget we never got Samhain 3rd movement.

We really need a conclusion to that storyline. I feel like they forgot about it. :(
    SpaceCat
  • TeddieTeddie
    Mabinogi Rep: 565
    edited June 22, 2018
    I honestly don't think it's that "idiotic" or surprising that some people are a little misled by the subtitle "Finale"
    If you are someone who played the Open Beta and played during the prime of the NA release, and have spent a literal DECADE growing up, then coming back to see "finale" under a game you're surprised is still around -- you are going to be misled.

Not all of us are active within the game. Some people go to the forums and ask questions because they are prospective players rather than current. We do not know that it means the finale of a certain line of generational quests as opposed to the game in its entirety. If you need anymore empiricism or support on why someone would be confused, perhaps look into the "final plan" event that's been going on for...months. Not that I'm complaining but it was free stuff ontop of free stuff and if anyone here has ever been around for an MMO going away, that's usually one of the first signs, as well as there only being one significantly popular server ( one that I will not have to name because of how significant is) amidst 4.

Not everyone thinks the same way and there are way more factors in someone asking questions. If you think someone is an idiot because they thought the game was ending, you should repeat the mantra "I am not what you think I am, you are what you think I am."

Regardless, no, the game is not ending. But do not let someone call you an idiot or attempt to make you look dumb because you thought so.
    TwelieDragoolfire
  • KaibaAkayukiKaibaAkayuki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,225
    Its an honest misunderstanding, and i dont appreciate being called an idiot when i chose to ask, its not like i went around dunby telling everyone this is the end of all of mabi
    TeddieTwelie
    edited June 22, 2018
    Teddie wrote: »
    I honestly don't think it's that "idiotic" or surprising that some people are a little misled by the subtitle "Finale"
    If you are someone who played the Open Beta and played during the prime of the NA release, and have spent a literal DECADE growing up, then coming back to see "finale" under a game you're surprised is still around -- you are going to be misled.

Not all of us are active within the game. Some people go to the forums and ask questions because they are prospective players rather than current. We do not know that it means the finale of a certain line of generational quests as opposed to the game in its entirety. If you need anymore empiricism or support on why someone would be confused, perhaps look into the "final plan" event that's been going on for...months. Not that I'm complaining but it was free stuff ontop of free stuff and if anyone here has ever been around for an MMO going away, that's usually one of the first signs, as well as there only being one significantly popular server ( one that I will not have to name because of how significant is) amidst 4.

Not everyone thinks the same way and there are way more factors in someone asking questions. If you think someone is an idiot because they thought the game was ending, you should repeat the mantra "I am not what you think I am, you are what you think I am."

Regardless, no, the game is not ending. But do not let someone call you an idiot or attempt to make you look dumb because you thought so.

Very few games go out with a Tabula Rasa state of affairs. Online Multiplayers are like Tamagotchi pets; the leading cause of death is neglect, signalled by cheap tactics to draw things out.

To me, this defies logic, since it goes on the notion that Nexon is voluntarily shutting down Mabinogi for anything other than a lack of profit, much like how writers may end series not because they are not popular, but because they wish to undertake other projects.

To me, the idea that Nexon would voluntarily shut Mabinogi on any other notion but profit margins is stupid.

It isn't simply thinking the game will shut down; it is thinking that a game, with a fresh update, a series of events, and such, is shutting down due to the aforementioned rationale. People ought to do research and exercise common sense, as well as not spread FUD in a self fulfilling prophecy.

Which to me, is something to be decried as a whole.
    Its an honest misunderstanding, and i dont appreciate being called an idiot when i chose to ask, its not like i went around dunby telling everyone this is the end of all of mabi

The idiotic quip was aimed at those who actually believed the game was shutting down, not the end of the story generations. I apologize for not being clear enough.

The reason why I made said quip is that it defies common logic, and how MMOs generally work.

@Teddie

@KaibaAkayuki
  • TeddieTeddie
    Although what you said is sound, it still does not touch on the other valid points as to why someone would think the game was shutting down, as mentioned in my post.

Monetary benefit from a game goes hand in hand with people playing it. If someone thought the game was dead and a mmorpg was getting cancelled because of it, it's just as valid a reason as being concerned about how well the game is doing fiscally.

To be honest, I don't care who the statement was directed at. If it was someone like me, cool. If it was someone like Akayuki, cool. If it was some other third party that isn't here to defend themselves, cool.

Not everyone thinks the same way. It does not make them an idiot, but it does make you an elitist.
    edited June 22, 2018
    Although what you said is sound, it still does not touch on the other valid points as to why someone would think the game was shutting down, as mentioned in my post.

Monetary benefit from a game goes hand in hand with people playing it. If someone thought the game was dead and a mmorpg was getting cancelled because of it, it's just as valid a reason as being concerned about how well the game is doing fiscally.

To be honest, I don't care who the statement was directed at. If it was someone like me, cool. If it was someone like Akayuki, cool. If it was some other third party that isn't here to defend themselves, cool.

Not everyone thinks the same way. It does not make them an idiot, but it does make you an elitist.

I never asserted that the individual was of lesser value; such a thing isn't measured in intelligence, however one cares to define it. I think the rationale is lacking significant thought versus than the conclusion. Just as one can come to the wrong conclusion on wrong premises, the same can apply to correct premises.

That is something I am willing to criticize, and if people wish to respond to me, I am open. I am not in any right to force a discussion with those unwilling, hence why I find "If it was some other third party that isn't here to defend themselves, cool." statement to be a bit perturbing. I am unsure how one should handle it. Deeming an idea dumb is not the equivalent to deeming a person dumb. It is akin to claiming an act morally right or wrong versus an individual; the former understandable, the latter absolutely callous.

I wasn't attempting to touch on your other points, because it wasn't so much the conclusion I wish to criticize, it was a specific grounds of which propels some people's beliefs as well.
    The idiotic quip was aimed at those who actually believed the game was shutting down, not the end of the story generations. I apologize for not being clear enough.

The reason why I made said quip is that it defies common logic, and how MMOs generally work.

I think reasoning is something to criticize regardless of how the conclusion pans out. I should have made it more clear, as my belief solely focused on the "Voluntary" assumption I myself assumed people have. From observation, it seems to be the belief Mabinogi is ending for reasons OTHER than profit, but because it can.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    What I'm about to say is a blanket statement, and doesn't apply to any individual. Perhaps if you feel attack by this you should change your attitude.

The forums are pretty hypocritical most times. Everyone talks like this is a safe space where no one can do wrong (and if they do, they get mobbed) until someone asks a question that people think "is obvious" then you get flammed to hell and back with """sarcasm""". There's a lot of hive mind/circlejerk things that end up taking place sometimes.

Another personal annoyance to me is when people make a claim then don't back it up or can't. (Things like me claiming I could hit 100k impales, which I then uploaded a screenshot of, or me saying the elite baltane missions weren't that hard which I then uploaded a video of)
    Teddie
  • TeddieTeddie
    edited June 23, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    What I'm about to say is a blanket statement, and doesn't apply to any individual. Perhaps if you feel attack by this you should change your attitude.

The forums are pretty hypocritical most times. Everyone talks like this is a safe space where no one can do wrong (and if they do, they get mobbed) until someone asks a question that people think "is obvious" then you get flammed to hell and back with """sarcasm""". There's a lot of hive mind/circlejerk things that end up taking place sometimes.

Another personal annoyance to me is when people make a claim then don't back it up or can't. (Things like me claiming I could hit 100k impales, which I then uploaded a screenshot of, or me saying the elite baltane missions weren't that hard which I then uploaded a video of)

Yes.
  • TeddieTeddie
    I am unsure why one thinks this is the last chapter and end of the story, and am flabbergasted at how idiotic people are to think the game is ending.

When did you insinuate an idea was an idiotic when you clearly said that people were for thinking it?
    edited June 23, 2018

When did you insinuate an idea was an idiotic when you clearly said that people were for thinking it?

I expanded on it later on in the same post, with regards to the logic. I again apologize for not clarifying that this did not apply to other lines of thought.

I rather not continue discussing this if you are going to ignore the context of what I am saying, or my apologies.

Which to reiterate, I think said conclusion is dumb if it is based on the aforementioned reasoning I described above. Have I made myself clear?

@Teddie
  • TeddieTeddie
    edited June 23, 2018

I expanded on it later on in the same post, with regards to the logic. I again apologize for not clarifying that this did not apply to other lines of thought.

I rather not continue discussing this if you are going to ignore the context of what I am saying, or my apologies.

Which to reiterate, I think said conclusion is dumb if it is based on the aforementioned reasoning I described above. Have I made myself clear?

@Teddie

You edited your previous post so that my question seemed like it did not have a purpose. Earlier you said that (and I'd be quoting it if you did not delete it) that someone being a dumb is not the same thing as having a dumb idea. But then previously there is a receipt of you saying that PEOPLE were being idiotic, not their ideas.

You called people idiots and never apologized about it. Your shallow attempt at an apology (essentially the same weight as an "I'm sorry you felt this way") and then edited yourself to make yourself look better. I stand by my point of you being an elitist and I can talk about this all year if you want.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Everyone should avoid using offense words like "idiotic people" in general. It's not nice, no matter who the directed target is. That's still a target audience being called an idiot, and that's rude, and I'm pretty sure it's against the forum rules since it can get someone offended and get people riled up.

But on topic, so this is the end of the Alban Knights arc, or the story as a whole? I don't know all of Mabinogi's lore because I just couldn't get into it, but I was just curious.
    TeddieKingofrunes