Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why? This has been only getting worse for years.

Comments

• MikuV3MikuV3
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,325
    edited January 15, 2017
    level 9 merchant rating give 3% more discount
    but is more easy blame nexon :(
    http://i.imgur.com/83zWsxA.jpg

Safe price merchant rating 9 (3%)
    http://i.imgur.com/2loDPdG.jpg

Safe price merchant rating 1 (0%)
    http://i.imgur.com/GISYsYq.jpg
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited January 15, 2017
    Merchant rating plays a lot into it, but something is up where a capped level is required to make a profit from a good in any town. Just not sure what that something is.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    This might be slightly off topic...but I wish we could have a double commerce rewards event.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Please be respectful to fellow forumers. Everyone has a right to their opinions here, no matter how helpful or not.
    CrimsọnIyasenu
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited January 15, 2017
    Oh poop. I feel bad now. Please forgive me @Shoog TT^TT
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited January 15, 2017
    @MikuV3: you can still only take 8 of the safes and that's IF you have commerce partner. you're making like 2,500 ducat profit max and probably attracting vet bandits. just not worth it. the prices need tweaked

No one's blaming Nexon. they're not the ones that make the game
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Haha, Safes are awful.

I'm at level 9 Belvast, and at time of posting the prices are:

Tir: +50
    Dun: -2357
    Bang: +190
    Emain: +311
    Taill: +10
    Tara: -256
    Cobh: -2607

That's so hilariously bad.
    Belvast and Tara are so far away from each other, and it's STILL negative.
    I guess there's been a lot of Belvast -> Tara lately, and it's tanking the price of goods there.

Then again, Safes are so awful anyways.
    If it weren't for the discount, every price would be in the negative.
    I feel like about the only trade good "worth" dragging from Belvast to anywhere are the Limited good, Fake Morgant Helmet.
  • ArjuneArjune
    I agree...and you have to deal with all those crappy value good to get the rating to 7 to even get the helmets :P I remember that struggle... I hated it. then I got rating 7 in better towns and stopped even bothering with the helmets. I stopped bothering with belvast period, but I should probably try and get my rating to 9 sometime just to get it done
  • AigisAigis
    Mabinogi Rep: 940
    Shoog
    Shoog said:

Please be respectful to fellow forumers. Everyone has a right to their opinions here, no matter how helpful or not.
    Respect is earned.
    Arjune
    Arjune said:

I agree...and you have to deal with all those crappy value good to get the rating to 7 to even get the helmets :P I remember that struggle... I hated it. then I got rating 7 in better towns and stopped even bothering with the helmets. I stopped bothering with belvast period, but I should probably try and get my rating to 9 sometime just to get it done
    It's stupid. I often times just farm sahagins because of this.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Iyasenu
    Iyasenu said:

Haha, Safes are awful.
    Are they like this right after a maintenance? I think maintenances reset all commerce prices back to their defaults, so that figure would be fun to know for this item.
    Aigis
    Aigis said:

Respect is earned.
    You're playing a dangerous game, friend. Take the warning and leave it at that.
    Aigis
  • AigisAigis
    Mabinogi Rep: 940
    edited January 15, 2017
    Buffalos
    Buffalos said:

Iyasenu
    Iyasenu said:

Haha, Safes are awful.
    Are they like this right after a maintenance? I think maintenances reset all commerce prices back to their defaults, so that figure would be fun to know for this item.
    Aigis
    Aigis said:

Respect is earned.
    You're playing a dangerous game, friend. Take the warning and leave it at that.
    I would like to know this too. And thanks for the advice. It is appreciated, but if somebody claiming that everybody has the right to an opinion gets offended enough at such a benign statement as respect is earned, I've only proven my statement fully. But I believe someone bold and logical enough to make such a statement would be more than comfortable with the statement and would be more than capable of understanding exactly what it means and why it was said.

edit: I feel I should elaborate. Respect is earned, not inherently given. I am not saying I will reject the sentiment and be straight off rude, none of that. I am simply saying that to demand my unconditional respect towards a dismissive and callous feeling individual is obscene. I will neglect to be rude and be a decent individual to what could be expected of me. That is all.
  • MikuV3MikuV3
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,325
    edited January 16, 2017
    Safe is the most wonderful item compared with the real ultimate pain x_x
    http://i.imgur.com/6fIIl61.jpg

• ArjuneArjune
    @MikuV3 You have a point there :P but at least you don't have to sit like 6 minutes on a boat to transport wool boots to any town so idk. both are pretty annoying