Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[INFO] Anime Cosplay Screenshot Contest

Comments

• FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    edited July 2, 2018
    It is a lot of scrolling. A suggestion could be made to put the references under spoiler tags, but perhaps it's too late. :/
    Does Manga cosplays count?

A few people have already used characters from games that haven't necessarily received anime adaptations yet and nothing concrete has been said against it so far, so go ahead. Why not.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Greta wrote: »
    This is so bad. People are overlapping posts so much with their multiple large anime character references. Too much scrolling for just few posts. :/

Some people are probably very excited/passionate about their cosplays and may enjoy the character quite a bit; it is a lot of scrolling but it's likely a contest people have been waiting a long time for to return so people are probs going all out with references and such
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 2, 2018
    Sebastian wrote: »
    This is so bad. People are overlapping posts so much with their multiple large anime character references. Too much scrolling for just few posts. :/

Some people are probably very excited/passionate about their cosplays and may enjoy the character quite a bit; it is a lot of scrolling but it's likely a contest people have been waiting a long time for to return so people are probs going all out with references and such

Yeah i noticed. Just few days have passed and we already have 50 submissions. It's weird since other contests usually get ignored for a long time and it lasts for even a month or so and barely get like 50 entries. I guess people are really into cosplay here. I was actually curious about doing a cosplay irl, but i'm not brave enough for that and i'm not confident enough about my looks to actually do that.
  • SebastianSebastian
    edited July 2, 2018
    Yeah i noticed. Just few days have passed and we already have 50 submissions. It's weird since other contests usually get ignored for a long time and it lasts for even a month or so and barely get like 50 entries. I guess people are really into cosplay here. I was actually curious about doing a cosplay irl, but i'm not brave enough for that and i'm not confident enough about my looks to actually do that.

I was considering doing Altam IRL, but my issue is that I'm a perfectionist, and creating armor for cosplay beginners is rather daunting. That and I too am not entirely confident enough about how I look.
  • GretaGreta
    edited July 2, 2018
    Sebastian wrote: »

I was considering doing Altam IRL, but my issue is that I'm a perfectionist, and creating armor for cosplay beginners is rather daunting. That and I too am not entirely confident enough about how I look.

YES, SAME. I'm a perfectionist too. I feel REALLY bad when i do something and it is not 100% like i wanted it to be. I usually drop what i do because of that. But this time i took a risk and just said "what done is done". Great example is my cosplay submission. I feel so ashamed and disappointed of it since the long boots aren't working with the outfit which my character is wearing and i couldn't find a good crown that doesn't make my character go green, purple or orange. Perfectionism is ruining my life :x
  • SebastianSebastian
    edited July 2, 2018
    YES, SAME. I'm a perfectionist too. I feel REALLY bad when i do something and it is not 100% like i wanted it to be. I usually drop what i do because of that. But this time i took a risk and just said "what done is done". Great example is my cosplay submission. I feel so ashamed and disappointed of it since the long boots aren't working with the outfit which my character is wearing and i couldn't find a good crown that doesn't make my character go green, purple or orange. Perfectionism is ruining my life :x

Honestly, the look isn't as bad as you're saying it is with how the boots are or for the lack of a crown. Yours is one of the ones I consider to be accurate and have a good chance of winning despite the things you've said.

But yeah perfectionism is dominating my life in too many areas ./rip
    Greta
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    edited July 2, 2018
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    -removed- I'm assuming those are both of the people in the screenshot. If anything, they should submit it as each character separately, not the "team" of characters. I don't see it not being allowed, as they are both participating in the cosplay; why should only one of the two people be allowed to enter/win one prize?

That's what I'm wondering. As you said, each one should just have submitted individually and not as a team, but this contest really didn't have any specifics as if only 1 person will win in a group or all 3 (though pretty sure a transformation shouldn't count.)

I also have another question... I see so many people submitting multiple screenshots (if I had knew I'd include more pictures since I had some later ideas) Does only the first one count?
  • TaffycatTaffycat
    Mabinogi Rep: 525
    If a team cosplay of three people won, does it count as three out of the ten possible winners?
    Or is it only the submitter of the screenshot that counts as one winner?
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    FAQ
    Q. Do game characters count?
    A. Nope anime only
    Q. If multiple enter with the same entry do they will x times
    A. "One entry per person. So all 3 wouldn’t win" ~ Katherz

People should at least hide there references. People keep posting like 2-5 references and In game pictures per entry.
    :x
    KatherzGretaChibisaiJazmyn
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    can we get @Katherz on the phone about the topic of editing you're screenies? I mean, for my cosplay it is literally impossible to get it accurate without editing
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    nevyn25 wrote: »
    can we get @Katherz on the phone about the topic of editing you're screenies? I mean, for my cosplay it is literally impossible to get it accurate without editing

I'm under the impression cosplay isn't supposed to be 100%, it's supposed to be as close as you can get with what you've got and mainly it's supposed to be fun! :) Just go with it, without editing... We all want to see what you guys can come up with, with what we have access too.
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    What Jazmyn said. Does not have to be 100% accurate, just use what you have made available to you. We are judging on the creativity of the cosplay.
    JazmynGretanevyn25
  • GretaGreta
    Probably easiest to cosplay is anime schoolgirls. Just saying.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Good luck to the judges... there's a lot of really good ones in there. :D
  • GretaGreta
    Fluorette wrote: »
    Good luck to the judges... there's a lot of really good ones in there. :D

Seriously, like 90 entries now. Someone will have some hard time deciding 10 winners from all of these. :D
  • eldraiseldrais
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
    character i chose does have some OVAs, even though the character is video game based so would that count?

https://myanimelist.net/anime/13251/Shin_Hikari_Shinwa__Palutena_no_Kagami

found something that has some animated shorts
  • GretaGreta
    eldrais wrote: »
    character i chose does have some OVAs, even though the character is video game based so would that count?

https://myanimelist.net/anime/13251/Shin_Hikari_Shinwa__Palutena_no_Kagami

found something that has some animated shorts

Just submit it since there's a guy who even submitted a cosplay of Monika from Doki Doki Literature Club. *cringes*
  • ThortheinfiniteThortheinfinite
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,120
    edited July 7, 2018
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/159154018266757572/CC3878E338E59A10EEE15A2C225B688BC4E8CBC0/
    2rwl110.jpg
    IGN: Thor10674
    Server: alexina
    Anime: Black Butler
    Character: Sebastian Michaelis
  • FluoretteFluorette
    edited July 7, 2018
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/159154018266757572/CC3878E338E59A10EEE15A2C225B688BC4E8CBC0/
    IGN: Thor10674
    Server: alexina
    Anime: Black Butler
    Character: Sebastian Michaelis

Not here... Post your entry in the submissions thread in order for it to count.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    GOOD LUCK GOING THROUGH ALL THOSE SUBMISSIONS!
    Katherz be like "Never again smh".

anime-giggle-gif-7.gif
    Amaraz