Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Weekly Loc Discussion: Most disliked NPC?

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited July 4, 2018 in Weekly Loc Discussion Archive
Mabinogi has a world full of interesting characters, each with his or her own life. You've expressed your love for many of these characters before, but as is always the case, not every character appeals to everyone. In faaaaact...sometimes, you meet a character and they just totally rub you the wrong way, even if that wasn't the writers' intent!

So today, at the risk of summoning a tidal wave of internet ranting, we want to know: Who is your LEAST favorite character in all of Mabinogi? And just as important, what is it about them that earned them that dubious distinction?

- The Mabinogi Localization Team
Iyasenu

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 4, 2018
    Millia. I guess... She looks annoying (especially her hairstyle) and she acts like that too.
    Sphyra21Oblivane
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited July 4, 2018
    Katherz wrote: »
    So today, at the risk of summoning a tidal wave of internet ranting, we want to know: Who is your LEAST favorite character in all of Mabinogi? And just as important, what is it about them that earned them that dubious distinction?

xD That is definitely a daring risk to take here in the forums.

Brilluen is by far one of my most disliked characters. I have never liked her attitude, and what she did in G21 shot her to the top of disliked character's instantly.

Voight is another one I didn't like. I can't remember if it's just because he's bad at artifact restoration or if there's more to it... I just really don't like him as a character.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 4, 2018
    Oh now after you mentioned Voight. I remembered how i disliked Lukas after i did g8...
    Brilluen also deserves the hate even though she looks so beautiful.
    Also don't like Glewyas because he always ruin Kitchen dungeon for me and the way he talks bugs me a lot as well.
    KattheAzureDragonJazmynIyasenu
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Greta wrote: »
    Oh now after you mentioned Voight. I remembered how i disliked Lukas after i did g8...
    Brilluen also deserves the hate even though she looks so beautiful.
    Also don't like Glewyas because he always ruin Kitchen dungeon for me and the way he talks bugs me a lot as well.

I thought of Glewyas too, but I wasn't sure if ruining Kitchen Dungeon really counted; but hey, why not, if Voight's bad restoration rates counts? xD
  • KattheAzureDragonKattheAzureDragon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    I agree with Greta, while Millia was obnoxious she was a child for the most part that lost her parents and grew up virtually alone. Now that rC chef on the other hand.....Glewyas killed one too many rats into my recipe even though he said *not to add them!*
    Jazmyn
  • SollSoll
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,330
    Osla. She stresses me out when i have to do repairs. So i never go to see her for it :)
    Oblivane
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    edited July 4, 2018
    Millia, definitely Millia. She ALWAYS irritated me. her hairstyle too. All throughout the Iria Saga I was like "Can I PLEASE just beat on her?!? PLEASE!!!"
    Runner ups are:
    Brullien (hate her even more now that I know what she did to Avelin)
    Lucas (Never liked him)
    Voight (he's messed up 1 too many restorations that were important)
    Galvin (still not sure why I dislike him, but I always have...)
    also don't like Pencast.......
    Oblivane
  • KuronekoKuroneko
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,040
    I definitely hate Caravan Joe the most. Seriously, why is he our event mascot? Can we got another one? I'm so tired of seeing his face so often.
    JazmynGretaIyasenuMizukiHayamaSollSaiOblivane
  • KokenKoken
    Mabinogi Rep: 860
    Caravan joe is at the top and Millia is a close second.
    SaiOblivane
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Every NPC that has basically no conversation or interactions.
    Sort of like some of the Tara NPCs like Nessa, Colm, Finola.
    I want their backstories, and a reason to feed them gifts and talk to them!

But if I had to pick another...
    Those DANG PICKAXE CLANKCLANKCLANKERS DIGGING UP THE POULNABRONE, LIKE UGH SHUT UP AND TAKE A BREAK!
    The Part-timers helping Seumas dig up the dragon statue in Gairech would be up there too, if I actually went there often.
    GretaJazmynSphyra21Oblivane
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    MILLIA
    How do you even get your hair like that? You'd have to chop it off after braiding it.

I'm gonna name someone different, too. I don't like Kusina. I don't like her hair, I don't like her outfit, I don't like how her entire personality appears to revolve around her bizarre and naive crush on a liar and a fraud. (I don't actually mind the liar and fraud himself, his story is fantastic.)

Here's another one that the devs probably didn't intend - I don't like Admiral Owen. I had rescued the goddess and the world at least three times when he had the gall to ask me to prove myself. Get lost, old man! You were literally introduced like 2 minutes ago, you aren't anyone either.
    I let him die in all the shadow missions with him.
    Sphyra21Oblivane
  • CrittenzCrittenz
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    I've got four I pretty much hate.
    1. Walter - whats up with his attitude every time I talk to him. Like sheesh. I just need a music scroll Walter calm down.
    2. Bruillen - Leave AVELIN ALONE!
    3. Millia - Again with the tude. I get teenage angst but dang. I didn't ask to turn into a demon and I didn't ask akule to "help" me. I use the term help lightly.
    4. Prolly not intended but Morrighan. She shows up right after Mores dies to save ME but she couldn't show up two minutes earlier to save him? SHE'S A GODDESS! She fails and I have fired her.
    Sphyra21Oblivane
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Voight for his disdain douchey demeanor.
    JazmynBlissfulkillOblivaneSpaceCat
  • RandomguyonmabiRandomguyonmabi
    Mabinogi Rep: 745
    Millia, who treats you like crap for no reason.
    Oblivane
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited July 7, 2018
    Millia, due to the fact we have given her every reason to trust us but she refused to believe our intentions are in the right place, yet trusts Ruairi with a naivete unrivaled by most children. Having the ploy by Ruairi work on such a contingent yet baseless degree of careless trust is nonsensical; it borders the idiot ball trope.

It may be more irritating if it has something to do with Ruairi's looks, if anything. The halo effect, essentially. Like it or not, appearance plays a huge part in how we treat a person, especially on initial meetings. The more one denies their bias, the more blatant their bias is. Self awareness is key. Honestly, how well I prepare myself in the morning makes all the difference in the world if I am treated with respect or slight disdain.

Speaking of appearances...

I loathe Voight, primarily due to his demeanor and his appearance. He is the anthropomorphized equivalent of a modern man bun, tantamount to a spiky haired teenager who wears sunglasses indoors. Just look at him!

hqdefault.jpg

He looks like a douchebag.

I am a bit surprised at no mention of Maike. Despite him caring immensely for those under his command, he is an unrepentant bigot, whereas Dowra has failed to shown any degree of towards Elves. That being said, it didn't seem to have affected the temporary alliance, so it is fair enough.
    RowletteOblivane
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited July 8, 2018
    I've hated Nerys the most for the longest time. Before we had our 100% repair rates added, I would trust her with my prized gear (When Edern is too pricey, you gotta step it down) and she would fail me time and time again.
    Not only just fail me, she would be smug about it and make it look like it was my fault!
    sXuT7YH.png

That is behind us now.

I guess now I dislike Caravan Joe the most. His annoying hair bothers me so much. His zero personaility, that his pompadour most likely sucked up. He is also way over used for events. It's time to retire! I even like Voight better than him and Voight sucks.
    THICCthighssavelivesOblivane
  • OrkaneOrkane
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,365
    I'll echo what everyone else has been saying; Millia's trash.

Special mention to the Alban knights for wasting my time for no reason.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    its hard to say for me.... but my least fave character is manus and bebhinn.
    I just dont like the fact they reused characters in place of black characters.
    coco, treasure hunter, and eiren are the only characters that arent running a tribe styled outfit.
    it stinks coco one of the few was removed from the game instead of reusing her npc. coulda easily replaced bebhinn recolored eye sore
    Oblivane
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    I really dislike Nerys. She destroys my gear whenever I take it to her. I also dislike her hair, her outfit, and her personality.
    Oblivane
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    The point of Caravan Joe is that he’s ugly, annoying, and all over the place, so job well done there.

I’m not a huge fan of Lucas or Voight at all, since they’re both jerks and total sleezeballs. To a lesser extent, Professor J because he just doesn’t seem to really do much except look like Glenn Danzig in a Hugo Boss uniform.