Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Events lead to Exploitation

HuwHuw
Mabinogi Rep: 1,055
edited July 10, 2018 in General Chat
I'm not even sure if this is considered against the ToS, but it's still a fishy transaction to attempt. What do you make of these types of sales?
(Image removed to prevent any harassment issues.)
  1. Is this Safe?24 votes
    1. No
       29% (7 votes)
    2. It's empty, so no
       50% (12 votes)
    3. "Shove those arrows up his arse" - Sandor Clegane
       21% (5 votes)

Comments

• ZephyrmaruZephyrmaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,430
    It's empty, they do this every time. Notice the composer's name is an alt with the express purpose of scamming. It's not the event's fault, it's just a con. Report and carry on.
    BronzebreakImaizumiAeolys
  • HuwHuw
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,055
    Zephyrmaru wrote: »
    It's empty, they do this every time. Notice the composer's name is an alt with the express purpose of scamming. It's not the event's fault, it's just a con. Report and carry on.

The name and also the difficulty rank. It's relatively easy to acquire some of the lower-tier Composing books for any new player which reward a good amount of +Int, be it's purpose for playing a mage or just to help increase their Magic Prot. Regardless, i'm sure 99.92% of the player-base can simply acknowledge this is a obvious scam, especially having already acquired a big sum of gold such as 15m and being familiar with the game already. Still, I fear somebody out there is obvious enough to fall for this...and so I pray they're one of the minority whom check the forums and avoid the perpetrator's scam.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Zephyrmaru wrote: »

Yeah, I always thought the definition of exploitation is to take advantage of a flaw in the design. Since the codes weren't really designed with the purpose of being sold, it's probably considered a scam instead.

Nonetheless, that's a really awful thing to do. Are there a lot of people doing this that you've seen?? Because holy heck...
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 10, 2018
    LMAO what??? This just made me day. Who would have time leaving their shop open and selling such scam junk while AX event is happening?
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    most people aren't gonna be dumb enough to gamble 15 mil on something that can so easily be fake.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited July 10, 2018
    Such people deserve to be tracked down, and have wolves sicced upon them so they may be torn asunder. Filth. Degenerate scum. :/
    Kensamaofmari
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    You get an in-game coupon item after redeeming the AX code. Is the coupon item tradeable?
  • GretaGreta
    edited July 10, 2018
    You get an in-game coupon item after redeeming the AX code. Is the coupon item tradeable?

Pretty sure nope.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited July 10, 2018

To answer your question, likely what you get is a series of numbers/letters you input into the Coupon Redemption option at a Bank in-game. So it's probably not a tradeable item. Hence the concept of people "putting the code" into a song scroll and trying to sell it.

The 7-11 Slurpee Potion Codes for the worked where you put in the code and instantly got your prize, no 'coupon item' needed.
  • GretaGreta
    edited July 11, 2018
    I mean, we got around 6 people who won and got those codes (in Alexina) so it's really a rare chance that you will run into one with just 15m gold in a personal shop. Even Mabinogi team revealed the winners in social media and i did not see a single nickname that goes with name like giveme25. Poor scam attempt. The name just screams that's it's an alt for scamming. This reminds me the case where a guy LITERALLY got scammed by dude who was named as Scamma and the victim went to warn/complain about it in forums, but instead everyone laughed at the poor guy... :D If i remember correctly, victim was attempting to sell his item with NX so he trusted Scamma guy and did a trade, giving him a pair of wings and a couple of outfits. So it was even more funny, because the guy showed a screenshot of it in forums which is indeed, against ToS to sell in-game items with real money.
    Blissfulkill
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    I wonder if the items themselves are tradeable though. Obviously title isn't; probably instant obtain. But the tail should be tradeable, and the pet with a medal I would think.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I wonder if the items themselves are tradeable though. Obviously title isn't; probably instant obtain. But the tail should be tradeable, and the pet with a medal I would think.

The last time they did something like this, it involved the Neko Robe, and that wasn't tradeable between other players.

Who's to say if that's the case this time?
    Wasn't the case that time, though.
    WolfandWolf