Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[DAY 4]Mabi AX 2018 + AX Code Giveaway Prizes(2)~!

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I keep saying it. Mabinogi needs a merchandise store. They'd make some good money on it. =T
    WolfandWolfRhey
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Leinei wrote: »
    I keep saying it. Mabinogi needs a merchandise store. They'd make some good money on it. =T

I'd honestly settle for an online store if possible.
    Rhey
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited July 9, 2018
    GTCvActium wrote: »

Yeah we just need an online store that NA and EU can access easily and securely. I rather pay money then trying to win something random in a abysmal contest. Seriously, why do these items have to be coveted exclusive things that can only be obtained from contests? And then there is only a few released. We need to put an end to that.

I mean I certainly would buy a few posters and keychains. Nexon why you no want profit?
    WolfandWolfRheyRadiant Dawn
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    I couldn't go to AX on Saturday, but I stopped by the booth a few times on other days. It was somewhat anti-climatic... What was the mabi gathering like?
    Rhey
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    [thread updated]

Nexon needs more confidence in the Mabi IP. Even Obscure Moba games came to the Expo w/ their guns blazing and merchandise to boot! :(
    WolfandWolf
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Rhey wrote: »
    [thread updated]

Nexon needs more confidence in the Mabi IP. Even Obscure Moba games came to the Expo w/ their guns blazing and merchandise to boot! :(

I can't even recall 50, much less 100, people who are forum regulars, how're ya gonna get that many likes on a post here!?
    Rhey
  • RheyRhey
    edited July 10, 2018
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    [thread updated]

I can't even recall 50, much less 100, people who are forum regulars, how're ya gonna get that many likes on a post here!?

I'll bugle/world bugle on mari later. U guys can help spread via same on other servers? Pretty sure people will flock/gather. Or let's hope POP isn't that dead in this game...we can't even gather 100 people from all servers...?

tenor.gif

It'll be cool if @Katherz or sum other forum CM pin this thread as well. :3
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    [thread updated]

I'll bugle/world bugle on mari later. U guys can help spread via same on other servers? Pretty sure people will flock/gather. Or let's hope POP isn't that dead in this game...we can't even gather 100 people from all servers...?

tenor.gif

1 Post forumers incoming!?
    Bring on da alts
    Rhey
  • RheyRhey
    edited July 10, 2018
    [thread updated]

tenor.gif

Bring on da alts

Nexon implemented checks/wait time on da forum now cuz of that Korean spam incident rite? I doubt someone can generate 100 alts that easily now...especially b4 maint in like 2 days...haha. I'll be surprised otherwise. :)
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    [thread updated]

tenor.gif

Bring on da alts

Nexon implemented checks/wait time on da forum now cuz of that Korean spam incident rite? I doubt someone can generate 100 alts that easily now...especially b4 maint in like 2 days...haha. I'll be surprised otherwise. :)

Also, what about waiting to have to giveaway til after the maint?
    I bet there'll be even more people to hear your bugle if you wait until G21S2 hits!
    At least, a bugle at that point would hit more ears.
    Rhey
  • RheyRhey
    [thread updated]

tenor.gif

Bring on da alts

Also, what about waiting to have to giveaway til after the maint?
    I bet there'll be even more people to hear your bugle if you wait until G21S2 hits!
    At least, a bugle at that point would hit more ears.

Yea guess I culd do it after maint. Since b4 maint will gather forumers who kills time while they wait on here and after maint will be gud for gathering influx of people via bugle who are checking out g21S2. :)

will edit OP 2 reflect that.

KM7nOS7.gif
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited July 10, 2018

Yea guess I culd do it after maint. Since b4 maint will gather forumers who kills time while they wait on here and after maint will be gud for gathering influx of people via bugle who are checking out g21S2. :)

will edit OP 2 reflect that.

KM7nOS7.gif

It might be good to also bold the fact that we need 50 likes, because I already see a discrepancy between the number of votes and the number of likes! D:

Also I think it's a good idea to wait after the maintenance. I'm sure some people entered in the contest, and may not want the code if they end up getting it through the contest. I think the results will be announced tomorrow. I mean to say, if an individual doesn't want the code, then it can go to someone else!
    Rhey
  • RheyRhey

It might be good to also bold the fact that we need 50 likes, because I already see a discrepancy between the number of votes and the number of likes! D:

Also I think it's a good idea to wait after the maintenance. I'm sure some people entered in the contest, and may not want the code if they end up getting it through the contest. I think the results will be announced tomorrow.

Good idea.
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited July 10, 2018

Well, yeah, of course it would be online so many could access it. A physical store wouldn't be practical. I thought this was obvious (guess not) so I simply referred to it as a merchandise store. It was a while ago, but I commented on a topic regarding that and depending on what they are selling (meaning if product is small and flat), they might be able to convert an unused meeting room into a shop storage to have things shipped out from HQ. Then it would just be coordinating with their mailing service (which they probably already have agreements with to have someone come into the office to collect the mail/packages (they send out the prizes somehow)).

Then they'd need the shipping tubes for the posters and padded mailer for shirts. I'm not familiar with the acrylic standees so I'm not sure how delicate they are which would lead to the question on if they should go with small box or a padded mailer. Book boxes for the art books (I know a few players who want those). Boxes for those figure sets (like a Nao figure) would also be needed.
    Gaea wrote: »
    Yeah we just need an online store that NA and EU can access easily and securely. I rather pay money then trying to win something random in a abysmal contest. Seriously, why do these items have to be coveted exclusive things that can only be obtained from contests? And then there is only a few released. We need to put an end to that.

I mean I certainly would buy a few posters and keychains. Nexon why you no want profit?

To be honest, I feel like the only problem we'd run into is the shipping between NA and EU. Would KR allow their merchandise to be sold in the EU given what happened to that branch?

To recap on another point that I made during that thread I mention, NA could use this to bring back the coupon system. Akin to how they partnered with 7-11 (got a slurpee, got a code for in-game slurpee potions; this was YEARS ago), they could include codes on cards to give out little goodies for buying from the merch store.
    WolfandWolf
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 10, 2018
    Some people were selling Mabinogi Raffle tickets (winning ones) from AX lmao. For 50$ and even more. :D
  • RheyRhey
    edited July 10, 2018
    Greta wrote: »
    Some people were selling Mabinogi Raffle tickets (winning ones) from AX lmao. For 50$ and even more. :D

Lolwut. They're not redeemed @ the time of the drawings? Nexon gave out new raffle tickets everyday, it'll be weird to come back a day or 2 later to claim a winning ticket from a prevs day. o3o

Well, yeah, of course it would be online so many could access it. A physical store wouldn't be practical. I thought this was obvious (guess not) so I simply referred to it as a merchandise store. It was a while ago, but I commented on a topic regarding that and depending on what they are selling (meaning if product is small and flat), they might be able to convert an unused meeting room into a shop storage to have things shipped out from HQ. Then it would just be coordinating with their mailing service (which they probably already have agreements with to have someone come into the office to collect the mail/packages (they send out the prizes somehow)).

Then they'd need the shipping tubes for the posters and padded mailer for shirts. I'm not familiar with the acrylic standees so I'm not sure how delicate they are which would lead to the question on if they should go with small box or a padded mailer. Book boxes for the art books (I know a few players who want those). Boxes for those figure sets (like a Nao figure) would also be needed.
    Gaea wrote: »

To be honest, I feel like the only problem we'd run into is the shipping between NA and EU. Would KR allow their merchandise to be sold in the EU given what happened to that branch?

To recap on another point that I made during that thread I mention, NA could use this to bring back the coupon system. Akin to how they partnered with 7-11 (got a slurpee, got a code for in-game slurpee potions; this was YEARS ago), they could include codes on cards to give out little goodies for buying from the merch store.
    The least they can do is carry merch @ various cons throughout the years or the minimum at AX since that's the biggest in the west with alot of people buying things just for it's "cute" factor. I've seen people buying merchandise of "new" Moba games not even released yet cuz of cute/sexy/etc reasons. Mabi should have enough art appeal to pull some heartstrings.
  • LeineiLeinei
    @Rhey Not sure why you hid that selection and your response, but yeah, convention visits should be a given market, but they can vastly increase their target audience by opening an online merchandising store off their website. It could also be used as advertising.

An Example Scenario would be a non-player is wanting to buy something for their friend for a special occasion. They do so, and browsing through the merchandise, they find they like the artwork. Maybe that will bring them into the fold of playing the game. Maybe there can be a gift selection that could grant the recipient a coupon code, while the buyer can also get one that they can use should they try out the game. Coupon stuff wouldn't have to be much. High-grade potions, Nao Stones, stuff that's of PRACTICAL use within the game that wouldn't break the market. It would be a nice little bonus that would act as a 'thank you' from Nexon NA for being a customer.
    Rhey
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I still want that dead bee XD

Looks like you had a lot of fun... and you got 4 keychains?! I'm jealous now lol
    RheyWolfandWolf
  • Jragon0Jragon0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    I was there for all 4 days and it was a fun experience! The booth should have been bigger and some days had only 2 of the staff members working there because the others have to stay at headquarters for work so I sometimes drop by to try helping a little but I can't do much because I am not part of staff. I unfortunately didn't get Lorna keychain from day 1 because I wasn't fast enough but I got all the other 3 keychains.
    On day 3 we had the Mabi meetup. The booth was heavily crowded for the cosplay so they had to move the meet up in a different location. The meet up is precious, everyone is sweet and we had fun with our introduction in the icebreaker. After the icebreaker we separate into 3 teams for a game. Originally the team setup was going to be based on servers and the smaller "4th" team would have to "server merge" with another team (lol on the server merge joke). In our teams we have to come up with 5 questions to challenge the other team and earn points. The harder the question the more likely your team will earn more points and win. After the game was done we write our IGNs on a paper for a prize in participating. The winning team has their IGNs written on a different paper to get a special prize.
    Day 4 was crowded at the booth because the booth was also for the Lilypichu and Aria signing so we had the raffle at 12 PM instead of the usual 2 PM, we only had 1 raffling that day too.
    Overall I had fun with meeting everyone there. I didn't won anything for the first 3 days but won a Mari Acrylic stand on the last day! One day I will get the acrylic stand I do want, just you wait! (I really wanted Talvish which I didn't won on first day *Cries*)
    I hope to see Mabinogi Nexon again next year at Anime Expo!
    Rhey
  • KrissmasKrissmas
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,070
    Hey! I was the one who designed the dead bee, I'm glad to see people like them!! :D Maybe I can go to AX next year
    Jragon0ImaizumiLeineiRheyWolfandWolf