Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

c7 and g22 SPOILERS**********************

Comments

• ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    Good ol content... that gets invalidated by newer content power creeping the playerbase/its rewards
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Soraite wrote: »
    Oh great, just what we all need. More immortality. I mean, Rabbie Phantasm would be less of a hassle, but let's be real. Most of my deaths are just me not bothering with healing potions in 1% of 1% of content.

Hey it's all choice, if you don't want those traits just choose all damage dealing ones.

Here's my problem with the "Don't use it" argument, as seen in the Raid Enchant thread. It is newly implemented content. By that, I think effort ought be put in to realize the ramifications of this design choice or that, if the developers are going to deal with the coding.

It is a legitimate line of logic at times, but it shouldn't be used verbatim where people are seemingly offering improvements on the system. Don't use it? I can also not play the game, but that gets us nowhere. It shouldn't have to be the last line of defense in a discussion when it comes to offering constructive criticism over new content and system changes. Why?

Because it can be ubiquitously applied, and I don't believe anyone wants to say "If you don't like G22, don't play it" or "If you don't like the skill buffs, don't use it anymore". This isn't equivalent to clothing, that can be exchanged with a thousand other more fashionable ensembles. This isn't some poorly done event.

This is mainstream content, content that is important to many and sometimes me. Content that offers a new direction of the game.

Apologies, I am not mad at you, but how trite the response is. I do not like implementing content that will be forgotten about in 5 days time. To me, that's a waste of time for everyone. The developers as well as the community. If I think something should be done, I will clearly say it. If I have an issue, I will say it.

To those who will continue to use such an argument; you don't have to use the forums if it upsets you so much, capeesh?
    SoraiteRadiant DawnTwelie
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited July 1, 2018

Continuing on, the requirement to start g22 is to have at least 5k total levels!!
    stxk0j9.png
    Yes, that's right. 5K Total. Some of you are probably thinking, ' im like ___ away from 5k'. We won't get this update for at least a year imo, and the reason why it's easy to get to 5k in KR now is because they had the memory update earlier last month. If you don't know about it, i made a translation post about it too, here's the link:
    Im glad they put a 5k requirement for this, unlike g19 having no requirement. ( not saying g19 should be as high like 5k but it should have a lvl requirement imo.)
    Soraite
  • SoraiteSoraite
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    edited July 2, 2018
    Oh great, just what we all need. More immortality. I mean, Rabbie Phantasm would be less of a hassle, but let's be real. Most of my deaths are just me not bothering with healing potions in 1% of 1% of content.

Hey it's all choice, if you don't want those traits just choose all damage dealing ones.

Here's my problem with the "Don't use it" argument, as seen in the Raid Enchant thread. It is newly implemented content. By that, I think effort ought be put in to realize the ramifications of this design choice or that, if the developers are going to deal with the coding.

It is a legitimate line of logic at times, but it shouldn't be used verbatim where people are seemingly offering improvements on the system. Don't use it? I can also not play the game, but that gets us nowhere. It shouldn't have to be the last line of defense in a discussion when it comes to offering constructive criticism over new content and system changes. Why?

Because it can be ubiquitously applied, and I don't believe anyone wants to say "If you don't like G22, don't play it" or "If you don't like the skill buffs, don't use it anymore". This isn't equivalent to clothing, that can be exchanged with a thousand other more fashionable ensembles. This isn't some poorly done event.

This is mainstream content, content that is important to many and sometimes me. Content that offers a new direction of the game.

Apologies, I am not mad at you, but how trite the response is. I do not like implementing content that will be forgotten about in 5 days time. To me, that's a waste of time for everyone. The developers as well as the community. If I think something should be done, I will clearly say it. If I have an issue, I will say it.

To those who will continue to use such an argument; you don't have to use the forums if it upsets you so much, capeesh?

I understand that it upsets you, but i think you're not understanding how the system works. The designers made it so that you can change the traits to cater to YOUR play style. When i said its your choice, i never said for you to completely not use the new content or never do g22. There are multiple traits and picking what works for you is the main point of this new system. And changing it frequently is easy... See, you may think this update gives more immortality, but not every player in the game is end game and has op s7 gear with r1 reforges. I think this update caters to every player, not just the combat driven players. If you dont want more immortality, opt for the damage traits. But you can always use it when u need it for hard bosses.

Also, this new content is content that is supposed to help players so they can tackle the new mission. It's not easy and its probably harder than phantasm. We're being buffed because we're getting harder content.

Im also not mad, just having a constructive argument with you :)
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    You guys are really overthinking this.
    SoraiteMhaolVeylaineSpaceCat
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    edited July 3, 2018
    Veylaine wrote: »
    bnkpw7h.png
    The new missions look really intimidating, but they said because of the new trait system, it should be doable! This new mission allows for players to try out all the different play types with the new system. It's all testing at this point: Figure out which traits work best for you that will help in this new mission.
    Intimidating and over kill look at that damage lol
    mFKq1Hx.jpg

This pic looks like a typical Legend of Legaia party wipe scene.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Meridis wrote: »
    Veylaine wrote: »

Intimidating and over kill look at that damage lol
    mFKq1Hx.jpg

...yeah, how the ^$#$ did Lugh beat this guy? I mean, we took him out 5 generations and, like...15(?!) power ups ago. This is like saying some ancient saiyans who where cast out by the group Frieza destroyed are coming back and are stronger than super saiyan blue evolution...OH WAIT

Lugh was blessed by the natural spirits (which the ego weapons say are stupidly powerful entities), held the power of Paladin, has the direct backing of Morrighan and other major active deities. (Most of them stopped being active by the time G1 started). Basically the Fomor war was as much a mortal conflict as it was a divine one so there were a lot of power being thrown around. By the time G21 ends, we're pretty much doing the job that all the past heroes and gods did in the war. We've scraped together remnants and scraps of power fighting off heroes that are well past their prime while Balor could very be revived at the height of his power. In short, all our struggles would be pretty small scale compared to ancient battles.
    VeylaineMhaol
  • MhaolMhaol
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,215
    edited July 3, 2018
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    Lugh was blessed by the natural spirits (which the ego weapons say are stupidly powerful entities), held the power of Paladin, has the direct backing of Morrighan and other major active deities. (Most of them stopped being active by the time G1 started). Basically the Fomor war was as much a mortal conflict as it was a divine one so there were a lot of power being thrown around. By the time G21 ends, we're pretty much doing the job that all the past heroes and gods did in the war. We've scraped together remnants and scraps of power fighting off heroes that are well past their prime while Balor could very be revived at the height of his power. In short, all our struggles would be pretty small scale compared to ancient battles.

Here's some more info:
    During the Second Battle of Mag Tuireadh, the battle were Lugh fought Balor, The Battle was instigated by the Fomors, lead by the Dethroned King of Tara, Breath. Breath sought to reclaim his throne after Nuadha dethroned the tyrannical King.
    Nuadha's counselors suggested to form a treasty with the Fomors, which Nuadha considered- Lugh, who's Commander of the Army at this point, knew the Fomors would not accept a Treaty and move to annihilate the human race that's been weakened by the the first War.

Lugh then goes off on his own, persuading Spirits, Imps and even some of the fearsome warriors, the Fir Bolgs (one of which was responsible for Nuadha's lost arm), to join Humanity against the Fomorians. Lugh even manages to convince the Imps of Fiodh Forest to let humans take shelter in their forest during the war, and a Spirit blessed Lugh with special Armor and his weapon, the Brionac.*
    ***Small Note: Lugh's Brionac might've been in name only, and not the real one the player now carries. -NPC:Brianna

During the 2nd War itself, Humanity was outnumbered, but Lugh managed to lead them to victory by utilizing the landscape as well as time in his strategy against the Fomors. Shakespeare, the first Milletian battled was within this war, and Lugh faced off with the Fomorian King Balor. In Mabi's Lore, It was never specified how Lugh defeated Balor in the 1v1, simply that "Lugh defeated Balor".

Cromm Cruiach (A Dragon) ended up devouring Nuadha, and Morrighan appeared to help stop the Fomorian Forces. With the Fomorians impending defeat, the Fomorian Wizard Jabchiel attempts to drop Ladeca upon Erinn, but the druid Mores stops him.

In the Aftermath, Lugh, the Knight of Light, suceeds the throne of the deceased King Nuadha, becoming King of Alieach.

TLDR: There was Dragons, Fir bolgs, Spirits and Gods, plus a milletian within that battle field. Pretty sure there were Glas Ghablienns as well. The two wars of the Human.v.Fomor war were hell, and I'm certain with G22, we'll learn more to how exactly Lugh managed to defeat Balor in their dual.
    There's also the curious fact that Balor wasn't the only leader of the Fomorians at the time of that War. Cichol was present as well, and we have the Tyrannical King Breath trying to command as well in there. Who knows, maybe we'll see some Game of Thrones backstabbing and betrayal between the Fomorian leaders~

To End this post off, here's some Dialogue from G1:
    [Morrighan]:
    "Ruler of Fomors, heir of Balor. Why do you hate Humans so? Why do you still fight after all the blood that has been shed during the two wars? Do you not realize that it is not only the blood of Humans that will be spilled? If another war were to erupt, Fomors will have to pay an equal price."

[Cichol]:
    "You are wrong, Morrighan. The first step to create a true paradise begins with the annihilation of Humans. The blood of the Fomor burns solely for that reason. Balor was too sympathetic, and thus he failed. But, I am different. The creation of this world will be completed when all Humans disappear. Are you not aware, Morrighan? As a deity, you must know also. The ultimate will of the almighty Gods who created us...
    Veylaine
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Stolias wrote: »

Here's some more info:
    During the Second Battle of Mag Tuireadh, the battle were Lugh fought Balor, The Battle was instigated by the Fomors, lead by the Dethroned King of Tara, Breath. Breath sought to reclaim his throne after Nuadha dethroned the tyrannical King.
    Nuadha's counselors suggested to form a treasty with the Fomors, which Nuadha considered- Lugh, who's Commander of the Army at this point, knew the Fomors would not accept a Treaty and move to annihilate the human race that's been weakened by the the first War.

Lugh then goes off on his own, persuading Spirits, Imps and even some of the fearsome warriors, the Fir Bolgs (one of which was responsible for Nuadha's lost arm), to join Humanity against the Fomorians. Lugh even manages to convince the Imps of Fiodh Forest to let humans take shelter in their forest during the war, and a Spirit blessed Lugh with special Armor and his weapon, the Brionac.*
    ***Small Note: Lugh's Brionac might've been in name only, and not the real one the player now carries. -NPC:Brianna

During the 2nd War itself, Humanity was outnumbered, but Lugh managed to lead them to victory by utilizing the landscape as well as time in his strategy against the Fomors. Shakespeare, the first Milletian battled was within this war, and Lugh faced off with the Fomorian King Balor. In Mabi's Lore, It was never specified how Lugh defeated Balor in the 1v1, simply that "Lugh defeated Balor".

Cromm Cruiach (A Dragon) ended up devouring Nuadha, and Morrighan appeared to help stop the Fomorian Forces. With the Fomorians impending defeat, the Fomorian Wizard Jabchiel attempts to drop Ladeca upon Erinn, but the druid Mores stops him.

In the Aftermath, Lugh, the Knight of Light, suceeds the throne of the deceased King Nuadha, becoming King of Alieach.

TLDR: There was Dragons, Fir bolgs, Spirits and Gods, plus a milletian within that battle field. Pretty sure there were Glas Ghablienns as well. The two wars of the Human.v.Fomor war were hell, and I'm certain with G22, we'll learn more to how exactly Lugh managed to defeat Balor in their dual.
    There's also the curious fact that Balor wasn't the only leader of the Fomorians at the time of that War. Cichol was present as well, and we have the Tyrannical King Breath trying to command as well in there. Who knows, maybe we'll see some Game of Thrones backstabbing and betrayal between the Fomorian leaders~

[Morrighan]:
    "Ruler of Fomors, heir of Balor. Why do you hate Humans so? Why do you still fight after all the blood that has been shed during the two wars? Do you not realize that it is not only the blood of Humans that will be spilled? If another war were to erupt, Fomors will have to pay an equal price."

[Cichol]:
    "You are wrong, Morrighan. The first step to create a true paradise begins with the annihilation of Humans. The blood of the Fomor burns solely for that reason. Balor was too sympathetic, and thus he failed. But, I am different. The creation of this world will be completed when all Humans disappear. Are you not aware, Morrighan? As a deity, you must know also. The ultimate will of the almighty Gods who created us...

Yeah pretty much this. Plus we need to account that the Lugh we fight in G15 wasn't exactly sane, and in some of the back story stated that Lugh returned his Paladin powers as penance for wrongs humanity made against the spirits after they sheltered them. There's the fact that Morrighan most definitely would have abandoned him by that point and Cichol is dead, scheming, or otherwise not concerned with Lugh's plans. So most of the divine support he had would have certainly been gone. Which would be scary to think what some of the heroes at full power would be capable of.
    Mhaol
  • RaykaRayka
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575

Here's some more info:

[Morrighan]:

[Cichol]:

Yeah pretty much this. Plus we need to account that the Lugh we fight in G15 wasn't exactly sane, and in some of the back story stated that Lugh returned his Paladin powers as penance for wrongs humanity made against the spirits after they sheltered them. There's the fact that Morrighan most definitely would have abandoned him by that point and Cichol is dead, scheming, or otherwise not concerned with Lugh's plans. So most of the divine support he had would have certainly been gone. Which would be scary to think what some of the heroes at full power would be capable of.

and if i remember well Triona was daughter between him and the queen of imps of fiodh , she was his last pillar of support dunno why he wanted to sacrifice her at G3 and he completely lost his sanity at G15 because of her death.... Poor Triona killed off by Plot :(
  • MhaolMhaol
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,215
    edited July 4, 2018

New Teaser trailer for Ch7. G22: Apocalypse
    "Prepare for the chaos to come."

If anyone can properly translate this, that would be fantastic.
  • MeridisMeridis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010

Here's some more info:

[Morrighan]:

[Cichol]:

Huh, after I stopped and thought about it for, like, a day, I figured it would be something like that. Seeing it all laid out though...it's pretty impressive, not just how big the scale was back then but how we've been slowly built up to be equivalent to his prime now. I wonder what the story behind the traits will be then. You would think traits would just be something we have or develop but could they be powers granted by those natural spirits? I don't think we got a power from them before, unless that's in the paladin armor. That doesn't seem "stupidly powerful" though...
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Meridis wrote: »

Here's some more info:

[Morrighan]:

[Cichol]:

Huh, after I stopped and thought about it for, like, a day, I figured it would be something like that. Seeing it all laid out though...it's pretty impressive, not just how big the scale was back then but how we've been slowly built up to be equivalent to his prime now. I wonder what the story behind the traits will be then. You would think traits would just be something we have or develop but could they be powers granted by those natural spirits? I don't think we got a power from them before, unless that's in the paladin armor. That doesn't seem "stupidly powerful" though...

From a very old piece of fluff back in the day state that natural spirits are mostly unconcerned with the dealings of mortals or deities with the exception of a select few like the paladin spirit. Though given how things are, they are probably on par with 3rd tier deities at least to maybe rivaling 2nd tier ones. Also while the game version of the Paladin powers are not strong, story wise the Paladin is a very strong entity rivaled only by the Dark Knight, which if Vindi still has elements of the history were of the same nature and origin. There's also the fact that we're not using any natural spirits' full might, since we're only granted a bit of power as support. It's like being able to use some power from Morrighan or Neamhain but we're no where near as strong as they are.
    Mhaol
  • Darkfire16Darkfire16
    Mabinogi Rep: 740
    시간 왜곡
    Time Distortion

I+cant+stand+the+same+old+dio+memes+_f6fcb3e2f1e8c79d2d68f7270caf1dc1.png
    Arjune
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305

So here's the g22 specializations if anyone wants to see what they are/what they do/how they work
    Iyasenu
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    As a bonus question, you timestamped 1:00:40 to show off the "not dying" thing, but was the ability to use Meteor Strike so often part of one of another ability?

Like "Time Distortion" or something?
    Because Meteor Strike's cooldown is pretty long, and it was either that or cut edits.

Good eye, i think it may be edits to show, but the time distortion trait may also be able to help with CD! Only time will tell

Heeey, I was right on the money for that one!

And depending on the level of the specialization ability, it's even multiple times!
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

So here's the g22 specializations if anyone wants to see what they are/what they do/how they work

Also, that elemental weapon thingy...
    That reminds me, there've been quite a few player ideas about this sorta thing.
    Someone even made up a talent about magical sword users.
    This feels a bit like a realization of that stuff.
    Ice slowing down the enemy, fire causing damage over time...
    Not sure what the lightning boost is about, maybe reduced knockdown gauge buildup?

Also they showed a picture of Mass Elementals... does that mean it'll need to consume them for that?
    That could be a pain, since who wants to gather elementals and turn them into Mass ones? Heh.

I kinda wish they showed it in action in the video, rather than just a splash screen with info on it.

This looks neato, though.
    Though the prot/m.prot kind of... underwhelms me.
    I guess you can just pick it if you're specializing for survival, since you may as well in such a case. Would go well with the huge Def/M.Def one and the deadly recover/pushback one, or the temp HP shield one.
    That randomly proccing reaper followup attack looks cool, but oh man did it look out of place somewhere as peaceful as Tir Chonaill, lol.

And that no knockback/down one... that's basically Wind Guard, without the defensive stat boosts and the ability to use GFS.

Oh well, these look neat, anyways!
    I'm looking forward to when we get these someday.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    As a bonus question, you timestamped 1:00:40 to show off the "not dying" thing, but was the ability to use Meteor Strike so often part of one of another ability?

Because Meteor Strike's cooldown is pretty long, and it was either that or cut edits.

Good eye, i think it may be edits to show, but the time distortion trait may also be able to help with CD! Only time will tell

And depending on the level of the specialization ability, it's even multiple times!

Not sure what the lightning boost is about, maybe reduced knockdown gauge buildup?

Also they showed a picture of Mass Elementals... does that mean it'll need to consume them for that?
    That could be a pain, since who wants to gather elementals and turn them into Mass ones? Heh.

I kinda wish they showed it in action in the video, rather than just a splash screen with info on it.

I guess you can just pick it if you're specializing for survival, since you may as well in such a case. Would go well with the huge Def/M.Def one and the deadly recover/pushback one, or the temp HP shield one.
    That randomly proccing reaper followup attack looks cool, but oh man did it look out of place somewhere as peaceful as Tir Chonaill, lol.

And that no knockback/down one... that's basically Wind Guard, without the defensive stat boosts and the ability to use GFS.

I like the passive skill that just gives you 800 defence

Sadly from what I was told the elemental one is a bit useless unless you're hitting super fast (think WotG/FH with speed set) even then it's not that good.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265

Sadly from what I was told the elemental one is a bit useless unless you're hitting super fast (think WotG/FH with speed set) even then it's not that good.

That's a bit disappointing to hear, but what can ya do.

Does it also really require Mass Elementals to use?
    Because that'd definitely be an additional nail in the coffin.
    Sorta like a DoA situation.

Then again, there seem to be 5 card slots, and 5 "offensive" seeming cards, so if all you cared about was offensive capabilities, you could just take that ability even if it'd be just a small boost.
    Because hey, it'd be another small boost.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer

That's a bit disappointing to hear, but what can ya do.

Does it also really require Mass Elementals to use?
    Because that'd definitely be an additional nail in the coffin.
    Sorta like a DoA situation.

Then again, there seem to be 5 card slots, and 5 "offensive" seeming cards, so if all you cared about was offensive capabilities, you could just take that ability even if it'd be just a small boost.
    Because hey, it'd be another small boost.

as far as I know, it's referring to the elementals used on your gear and technically mass elementals give a higher rank? not sure. And you can have 5 skills total, which is most likely gonna be the 2 passive defences, the reaper thing, the piercing damage buff and uh.... probably up to your choice on the last one. Even if the elemental thing is good I'd rather have 800 def tbh.
  • MeridisMeridis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    edited July 10, 2018

From a very old piece of fluff back in the day state that natural spirits are mostly unconcerned with the dealings of mortals or deities with the exception of a select few like the paladin spirit. Though given how things are, they are probably on par with 3rd tier deities at least to maybe rivaling 2nd tier ones. Also while the game version of the Paladin powers are not strong, story wise the Paladin is a very strong entity rivaled only by the Dark Knight, which if Vindi still has elements of the history were of the same nature and origin. There's also the fact that we're not using any natural spirits' full might, since we're only granted a bit of power as support. It's like being able to use some power from Morrighan or Neamhain but we're no where near as strong as they are.

wait, but didn't Morrighan need us to face Nuadha for her after she lost to him? Sorry, I might just be suffering from winnable hopeless boss fight syndrome or something. I don't feel weaker than them and we've won fights against them or things that are suppose to have beat/matched them. So I still can't wrap my head around the idea of that tier of gods being stronger than we are now, especially since it seems like we're about to become a full fledged god in two days.