Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Merlin, Please.

TNinjaTNinja
Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
in General Chat
21c8d7deee.jpg

Step back, human! Do not approach me!

Comments

• HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    TNinja wrote: »
    21c8d7deee.jpg

It made my skin crawl when I saw treasure hunter again. I hate how his entire character exists just to call merlin stupid.
    NeroyoffwithyourheadsVimi
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited July 12, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    TNinja wrote: »
    21c8d7deee.jpg

It made my skin crawl when I saw treasure hunter again. I hate how his entire character exists just to call merlin stupid.

And call you (the player) stupid too. Albeit at a lesser rate.

TH and Chef could use some names, I will say. And more of a personality. The trio (Starlet, Prof, Merlin) seem to have more personality than the other two combined.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited July 12, 2018
    Yeah... Treasure Hunter's personality is part of the reason I can't stand Saga 2 (the writers failed all of the Aces there imo). The chain blade content made the Aces leagues better in my eyes, but it looks like Treasure Hunter will forever be a greedy little gremlin (he gets worse near the end of part 2 -_-). I really hope there is a reason for his madness that might somewhat redeem him, but I'm thinking it not likely at this point.
    WolfandWolffennixfox
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Leinei wrote: »
    Yeah... Treasure Hunter's personality is part of the reason I can't stand Saga 2 (the writers failed all of the Aces there imo). The chain blade content made the Aces leagues better in my eyes, but it looks like Treasure Hunter will forever be a greedy little gremlin (he gets worse near the end of part 2 -_-). I really hope there is a reason for his madness that might somewhat redeem him, but I'm thinking it not likely at this point.

Merlin got his revenge by get getting better characterization and actual substance in the Player's conflict. In general I didn't like the Aces at all in Saga 2, you were basically a tool to them and less of a character. In the Chain Slash quests and G21 then are what they are suppose to be, supporting characters, offering you advise, prompting directives and provide story assistance.
    fennixfox
  • LeineiLeinei
    Merlin's a big, lonely dork to me that just is awkward at making friends and even more so at keeping them, especially if their safety is threatened by whatever conflict they're dealing with.

Treasure Hunter however...
    He's so greedy he tries to walk off with a relic from Avalon's Gate, the headquarter of the Knights! I couldn't really believe he was so full of gall! I half expected him to be drawn and quartered at that point! I can't stand characters like him, stealing stuff because he spots it and then calling it a "fee" later.
    Those Knights are going through SO MUCH, but this jerk comes in and steals from them!
    3rdyNeroyWolfandWolfoffwithyourheads
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Merlin's a big, lonely dork to me that just is awkward at making friends and even more so at keeping them, especially if their safety is threatened by whatever conflict they're dealing with.

Treasure Hunter however...
    He's so greedy he tries to walk off with a relic from Avalon's Gate, the headquarter of the Knights! I couldn't really believe he was so full of gall! I half expected him to be drawn and quartered at that point! I can't stand characters like him, stealing stuff because he spots it and then calling it a "fee" later.
    Those Knights are going through SO MUCH, but this jerk comes in and steals from them!

There's also the fact he barged into to their affairs and headquarters for his own curiosity and offered nothing to the conflict besides following Merlin because he felt there as good treasure around. Never mind the fact that the Alban Knights, while ancient, are still very much alive, and still very much active, which means that he's actually STEALING from them. So, being the absolute terrible person (PG rating guys) he is, he enters the holy land of of an ancient, but still active, order during their most turbulent time to nick off artifacts. Contrasting Merlin who breaks in because he knew that something big was going to happen and he sincerely wanted to help without expecting anything in return.
    Leineioffwithyourheads
  • LeineiLeinei
    EEEEYUP. I was kind of hoping
    Talvish
    would have noticed and smote him a bit. -_-
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 13, 2018
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Greta wrote: »

He wants your hot bod. He wants it like he wants Starlet.
  • LeineiLeinei
    I think Merlin is just incredibly socially awkward. -_-

Maybe Treasure Hunter let something drop, like a note of admiration for the Milletian, and Merlin's playing with it. -_-
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    edited July 13, 2018
    Ya no doubt that Treasure Hunter is the worst. Pinky is the only saving grace of Treasure Hunter to be honest. God I love Pinky. Although honesty I did get a laugh out of Treasure Hunter's gall. Wish he had a name though.

Petition to give Treasure Hunter a darn name >.>
  • LeineiLeinei
    I don't know. Pinky is almost as bad as TH, picking fun at Merlin. I HATE it when people bash others as a stupid joke. Treasure Hunter and his Pinky are acting constantly like bullies. -_-
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    I don't know. Pinky is almost as bad as TH, picking fun at Merlin. I HATE it when people bash others as a stupid joke. Treasure Hunter and his Pinky are acting constantly like bullies. -_-

I suppose you are right there. I fall for Pinky's cuteness and the fact that he's a monkey. Of course a monkey would do stuff like that. They are devious, mischievous little creatures.
  • LeineiLeinei
    I think Merlin has the problem that he believes that if he isn't great, that he'll be alone, so he constantly talks about himself, not realizing he's actually alienating people more than making them like him. Either that or it's a constant mental reassurance that he's not worthless/useless and to combat whatever issues he has underneath.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    I think Merlin has the problem that he believes that if he isn't great, that he'll be alone, so he constantly talks about himself, not realizing he's actually alienating people more than making them like him. Either that or it's a constant mental reassurance that he's not worthless/useless and to combat whatever issues he has underneath.

It could possibly be the expectations that he has to live up to that drives him like this. Since he is a genius he is pressured to BE a genius all the time. It might even be a horrible cycle where Merlin declares himself a genius which causes people to expect him to be a genius, leading him to feel pressured to act like a genius. This is actually very interesting take on his character if it were the case.
    Leineifennixfox
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    yyKCN5O.png

Merlin, Please... xD
    IyasenuVeylainefennixfox
  • AnakymAnakym
    Mabinogi Rep: 575
    Saddly im a giant so eveen if his intentions where of that sort merlin would fall short XD!!!!
    fennixfox
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    What could've been an intimate night of gay passion.
    Blissfulkill
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Begone_Merlin.gif
    PlatinaKokiHellkaizerSaipawcalypsevioletkittNeroyMizukiHayamanajee508
  • BlankeyeBlankeye
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,640
    Petition to give Treasure Hunter a darn name >.>

I want Treasure Hunter's real name to just be 'Hunter'. It would be priceless.
    Ion