Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

G21 The New Divinity

ElectraElectra
Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
edited July 12, 2018 in Help
I'm at the part where you have to fight against Talvish while still wounded. How in the world are you supposed to beat him? I understand it says use your divine skills but everything I do doesn't work and I'm all out of pots. Has anyone gotten this far and was able to beat him? What am I missing?

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    It seems to just be an actual fight.

Deal damage to him, get his HP low enough to trigger a cutscene, use skills that let you quickly move behind him to dodge his painful scythe skeletons, and save your Crusader skill cooldowns for using Shield of Trust to block his big telegraphed attacks, like the Judgment Blade thing.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited July 14, 2018
    If it's where he summons the swords, use Shield of Trust before they fall down or you get insta-kill from the red wave that comes out after.

I'm going to try using Poison Potions on my weapons and then a speed walk potion to help me avoid him.

Edit: Poison Potions didn't do much.
  • ElectraElectra
    Any idea how far to get him down? I can't even get him down 10% He keeps healing.
  • GentlemenGentlemen
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,340
    Electra wrote: »
    Any idea how far to get him down? I can't even get him down 10% He keeps healing.

I think you're supposed to drop him down to 80% for phase one of the fight.
  • Starthepurple1Starthepurple1
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,000
    Uh in the Quest "Face to Face" I'm in the mission fighting myself.
    But they keep healing and for some unknown reason I cant get anywhere
    in the fight. I was in the fight for 30mins and just gave up - was geting a headache
    from it- Does anyone have some suggestions to help me get through this?
  • ElectraElectra
    Okay, nvm everyone, I figured it out and beat it
    Starthepurple1Leinei
  • LeineiLeinei
    in the fight. I was in the fight for 30mins and just gave up - was geting a headache

Human, Elf or Giant?

If Human, I used dual wield beam swords with Final Hit and Way of the Gun with Dowra SEs with Battlefield Overture buff, and if I could swing it Soul Link active. Draw the dopple away from their crew and have at them. Ignore the posts. It will take a few cycles of FH and WotG, but it works. Catering dishes might help too.
    Starthepurple1
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    Ngl with the amount of hoops and random bull in this fight... I'm getting pretty annoyed with it.

Game makes it seem like you die to the judgement blades... but it's actually the red smoke after.

Game puts hotkeys a de-trans for you even though that's clearly the last thing you want to do right after you power up to beat up Tally-chan. (Yes I de-transed on the spot and died soon after due to my panic and confusion of why it would even be a thing.)

The timer is a bit too short, but this one's more of just a salty complaint rather than a legitimate one. Mainly because my mission timed out went to look for tips on how to beat his butt after I died too many times to other random bull that I can't easily identify. I came back and was having a good time stacking up to like 6 or 9 stacks and then the mission auto failed.

I divine transed from pally trans so the next time I pally transed at the start of the fight for stats and needed to shield when he used his blades... my hotkeys were all mix mashed up. I usually have it on shift+F1 and it was on shift+F5 w-h-a-t???
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited July 12, 2018
    Your hotkeys as a Paladin are different than your normal ones. If you don't win, take the time to turn into Pally, set your hotkeys and then change back to wait out the time it takes you to be able transform again.

Then go after him again.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    I know that but I still didn't think it would change my pally hotkeys because that's just a separate trans all together... if they recycled the hotkeys on both and just overrided my pally's hotkeys at the same time then that's just a lazy framework recycle.

Also P.S. Why on earth does the fight disable my ability to use crusader skills if that's the only thing keeping me alive when he J blades...? I don't get it at the moment.
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited July 12, 2018
    Because he is a massive troll. That disable crusader skills bit got me more than once.

Someone told me Kunai Storm works against the red ring of death if timed right but I have not done it so I can't say when to do it.

Not going to lie, he made me angry. I stocked up on like 200 hp 100 potions, a few Speedwalks (made dodging him easier for me at least), high level catering (no stat bonus was under 300), full armor and accessories, and spamming him with Final Hit/Way of the Gun with Battlefield Overture active. When you get him down to 80% you get the trans, then you just work his hp down to 30% to end the fight. Make sure you have Nao Stones, you will still need them.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Oh you only need 30% to end the fight? Maybe I should've kept shelling out for naos. I was at 50% and decided enough was enough and closed my attempts for the day.

I got crusader skill locked and died again but I think I have a hunch on how to dodge it which is by using the teleportation or the other skill when he's trying to use that spike like skill on you. It's still super bull though since you have no way of dodging or defending against that effect until you're transed.

I don't want to waste more naos/guardians/adv feathers from other people to mitigate deaths to that pre-trans phase of the fight. And that's assuming that is even the correct way to defend/dodge that effect. Maybe it doesn't work, maybe it does but i'll have to spend like 3-5 naos figuring out the timing/sound cue/animation cue on how to beat it.

I get it's a boss fight but it shouldn't be as tedious as it is to get to the trans phase of the fight at least imo >_>
    Starthepurple1
  • LeineiLeinei
    Yup, also remember you can get Nao stones for doing saga 1 episodes and turning in coupons you can get from finishing an episode. I think it is a toss-up between those coupons and the weapons so just a warning.
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    It's really fun when he seals crusader skills and expects you to use shield of trust right after .
  • Starthepurple1Starthepurple1
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,000
    Leinei wrote: »

Human, Elf or Giant?

If Human, I used dual wield beam swords with Final Hit and Way of the Gun with Dowra SEs with Battlefield Overture buff, and if I could swing it Soul Link active. Draw the dopple away from their crew and have at them. Ignore the posts. It will take a few cycles of FH and WotG, but it works. Catering dishes might help too.

Thank you so much
    I'm a human IG, i made it through but .....
    I have to say that was one of the worst fights ever made.
    I got the dopple into the negatives but no cutscene. So had to keep
    fighting the second time I got to the negative numbers it went to cutscene
    x.x
    I made is through and never want to do it again...
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Because he is a massive troll. That disable crusader skills bit got me more than once.
    How did you get around it?

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    jjeremy wrote: »

I merely ran out of range, and assume hit and run tactics. Some state they used Crisis Escape with Hide to wait it out, but those two options never worked for me. I would suggest trying Shadow Cloak, but I have recently completed the mission.

One attack inflicts a debuff which blocks crusader skills for the longest time, essentially ensuring a 1HKO from Judgement Blade before the debuff wears off. It is indicate by a white text prompt.

As for using the Divinity, when you transform, it is hotkeyed to your F1-F4 keys. I believe you need to use a combo of Celestial Spike and Divine Blast before Nova explosion to damage him effectively while transformed, but you are not locked into transformed, and can go in and out of Divine mode at your leisure at F1.

Conceivably, one could beat him without it, and dare I say, it may actually be much more feasible to do so. I say this due to the damage not being that great, on top of utilizing new skills and balancing crusader cooldowns, and the combat style leaving you vastly more vulnerable to his lengthy anti-rusader debuff.
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited July 14, 2018
    jjeremy wrote: »

Nao/Guardian stones. XD

For taking him down, Final Hit and Way of the Gun with Battlefield Overture, a high stat catering dish (no stat boost was under 300), Speed Walk Potion (so I could easily run under him after he poofed to do his straight ahead attack). Once that got him down to 80%, after I got the trans, when the conversation came up, I opened my skill window and hotkeyed the new stuff. Then it was just alternating Celestial Spike and the Divine Attack over and over, and going back into trans if he got me with the Red Ring of Death. Got him down to 30% and that was that.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 14, 2018
    I somehow glitched the first time i was fighting godly Talvish and made his health go down to 0.39% and was too late, the timer ran out. Weird glitch... I thought i will never complete it and when i tried at the 3rd time, apparently he started to talk when i made his HP go down 30%. I was surprised to see that, was really glad that i got done with it now.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Okay, so it turns out he doesn't always seal your divine skills before using the Judgment Blade attack, just a matter of luck. I was just unlucky the first 10+ times I tried to fight him. Once I wasn't unlucky it was waaaay easier (easier than impossible). Good luck to anyone else fighting him.