Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Can we not immediately scream for nerfs?

Comments

• MeridisMeridis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    Iyasenu wrote: »

If all you need is amplification points, try using Celestial Spike during transformation.

Each "tick" of damage spike does gives 1 charge.
    So even if all you do is spike things, as long as they don't die before 10 ticks are done, it'd take 5 spikes to get up to 50 charge.
    So that'd be 100 seconds of cooldown, with no hiccups, which can help.

As an alternative, you can use Judgment Blade on a large group of enemies.
    The more you hit at once, the more amplification charge you build up. Maybe even over 10, if you hit a massive group of enemies.

oh yes thank you!
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Meridis wrote: »
    one thing that still kinda haunts me about the Talvish fight is how to end it. From the messages, it seems like it's based on your amplification. That would also explain why everyone else seemed to finish the fight with him around 50% and I had to work him down to 20%. Problem is, I still suck at amplification. Can't get to max before time runs out on the transformation so I can't do the training for divine blast r5.

If all you need is amplification points, try using Celestial Spike during transformation.

Each "tick" of damage spike does gives 1 charge.
    So even if all you do is spike things, as long as they don't die before 10 ticks are done, it'd take 5 spikes to get up to 50 charge.
    So that'd be 100 seconds of cooldown, with no hiccups, which can help.

As an alternative, you can use Judgment Blade on a large group of enemies.
    The more you hit at once, the more amplification charge you build up. Maybe even over 10, if you hit a massive group of enemies.

Didn't actually know this, man training this is taking forever even with 2x though.
  • lingyaolingyao
    Mabinogi Rep: 740
    For those who has trouble outrunning the golem, Shylock's Step persona helps alot.
    LeineiLongSly
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Tagar:
    Used mana shield ran around the pillar till it showed up hit the pillar once it came down on her.
    Did that one more time. Spammed firebolt, she died in 5 minutes.
    Golem:
    Used hide walked up and hit the switch mission ended.
    (I even turned off hide and the golem just passively spun in circles and didnt attack)
    Doppleganger:
    Used mana shield and divine link.
    Killed all the clones. Spammed firebolt, It died in 3 minutes or less.
    Talvish:
    I was honestly surprised how weak he was.
    Just ran away everytime he casted something took no damage.
    Spammed lightning rod an firebolt. Probably didn't take longer than 10 minutes.

The mechanics in this gen were nice.
    Actually made me feel like i needed to do something other than just spam one skill till an enemy died.
    Very much fair and balanced, and despite not caring for this chapter at all g21 was decent enough story wise.

I call BS on you killing the doppleganger in 3min or less with firebolt spam, especially since it doesn't injure him...
    Unless you can deal like 30-40k crits constantly with it, I call BS on it :P
  • AlalaroseAlalarose
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,955
    the final boss wasnt exsactly hard, its just annoying. Miss time something your dead, get hit by a skill, oh your dead the next time he uses is insta kill. and then its just a matter of continuing to keep using the skill and basically alto attacking it, its not a hard boss fight, just a tedius one.
  • ZelfalZelfal
    Mabinogi Rep: 745
    This gen was great, tired of everything being nerfed the game is way too easy for starting players they complain even though everything is handed to them now. I just tanked everything with defence to the point I was like dang defence skill is a cheat in boss fights when ur only getting hit with 1 damage or instasta killed by specific skill due to not using crusader skills
    fennixfox
  • RaykaRayka
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    Doppelganger from Face to Face is stupid, i mean why did they make it with such high hp + reg and the worst is they have Clones that increase 15% prots each every 1 minutes >_> , i wasted like around 50-60 minutes to kill it!!!now i wonder how does people kill it with firebolt or other stuff when it recover so fast the hp...
    fennixfox
  • LongSlyLongSly
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    edited July 14, 2018
    So glad to be done with g21... so glad to be done with Alban Knights altogether! x.x Must've used 40+ nao/guardian stones altogether... also several stacks of full recov and all the SE/RE potions I had in previous events... the repairs...

Tagar Fight
    Had to cheese it with my flying-sheep mount with divine link. After dealing with the pillars, bring her out into the open to easily target her instead of the pillars, and just hit and run constantly. Could not find a good opening to do attacks like FH or any chain skills given how fast she attacks and how often she dives and appears right on top of you, almost always destroying my mana-shield in one hit. I had to heavily relying on Paladin and my fast mount, like Hasidim but bit less stressful as I have a better chance to avoid her strongest attack compared to his double-dash attack that offers little warning. Not to mention the potion poisoning between HP and MP bots... fun times.

I also had to retreat, recover me and my pet, drink some potions if I needed, re-link and go back into the fray. Must've done that at least 10 times throughout the whole battle. Nearly the end I just FH'd it after luring her back to the Knights for extra boost, with barely any HP left x.x.

I hated this boss so much...

Golem "Fight"
    Since I couldn't summon a pet, I had a very frustrating and difficult time to get out of the circles in time. Even when I appear to be OUT of the circle, game says "No, you're still in the circle, back you go!" The timing between the circle appearing and triggering needs to be
    a second or two longer... Human character, by the way, with no way to speed boost (would probably have to be current level 100 to get the speed boost, assuming that would be enough).

Few times I gotten close to the orb and back to start I go...

After the orb, it's not much of a challenge to kill it...

lingyao wrote: »
    For those who has trouble outrunning the golem, Shylock's Step persona helps alot.

Also Anchor Rush, however you need to time it. You can use the white text as a warning of when it'll cast it. When it's about to cast, stand still and have anchor rush at the ready; when the circle appears immediately use it as far as you can, depending on the rank of your skill.

Dopple Fight
    Having a high injury rate helps a lot I find. I notice it's regen would stop a few spaces before the wound section of the HP bar. I had some struggles with this one, but since I mainly use chain blade, Chain Sweep and Raging Spike was very helpful when dealing with the clones. Not sure if Chain Crush was useful in preventing the dopple in using Alchemy skills... I barely bothered with the orbs, honestly... due to the annoyance of alchemy skills hitting me!

In the 2nd part of the battle once you bring the Dopple HP to ~50%, I went FH and probably did something else once my FH ran out (can't exactly remember). I was in Paladin throughout the fight, which helped a lot. Also mana shield, which I had to refuel at times but not as straining compared to ANY boss fights in the Alban Knights chapter.

I was also under the impression I couldn't summon my pet in this battle... so there's that! This was challenging, but was tolerable compared to the rest of the boss fights.

Final Fight
    I had difficulty in reading the attacks, would even get the judgement blade attack mixed with the "no crusader skills" attack; depending which attack I misread I would possibly be able to correct my approach. At times the "no crusader skill" attack wouldn't prompt a early enough warning, or the warning and the attack would happen AT THE SAME TIME. I would just exit the mission whenever I lost access to my crusader skills and wait for the debuff to go away and start over...

His normal attacks (when the red skeletons do their "two-line forward reaper" attack), I could just walk behind Talvish to avoid it, assuming I was close or on top of him, and able to guess where the attack will go to, as Talvish will change directions towards you shortly before the attack lands.

Again, since I mainly use Chain Blade, I had to mix Death Mark and Chain Burst along with other chian blade skills (Impale or Crush for instance) to do real damage and even more so with crits, RNG be giving. Crush was my strongest attack compared to Impale (r3 and r5 respectively). As usual, mana shield and having to refuel it. Bachram Boost was always a life saver...

At some point I ran out of MP 100's and was running low on HP 100's throughout part 2. It was now a game of "do not get hit" or "avoid being hit as much as possible" somewhat a dark souls strategy. When I ran out of MP 100's, I didn't use mana shield anymore, since his attacks would deplete my MP in one-hit, leaving me vulnerable to his one-hit KO attack if I couldn't Inspiration effectively.

The white text only appears for one second on screen before vanishing, leaving me clueless of whatever it said, while also being distracting with how long it was...

When I gotten to the transform bit, I had to adjust and understand what exact skill did (lost count how many times I accidentally canceled my transformation; why would that be in the quickbar in this fight?!) The timing of Diving Blast was tricky but eventually got it, and getting that bar up at a certain point, little past half way, counts towards the Nova counter-thing. Used Celestial Spike to quickly add up the power for Nova Obliteration, which helps A LOT, also in hopes Talvish doesn't use one of his special moves while my Crusader skills are in CD.

He would still attack me (non-special moves) after I gotten his hp down to 30% during his dialogue, but thankfully was able to heal myself, even if his attacks did like... ~10% of my hp each?

I did enjoy the story, until the end, that seemed funny yet corny, and... ugh... Merlin's bit (he mentally hurts me...). Llywelyn (how do you even pronounce that) I enjoyed a lot in part 2, seeing the "spirit" give him grief like that and at the end of the story too. Made it worth dealing with his intellectual fragments...

Was nice to ride a unicorn between two land masses, I really loved that usage of non-pet mounts. I had to point out to a few players that they had to double-right-click on the unicorn to mount it... think a few were trying to mount via R (default key to mount) or a single right-click. Wouldn't surprise me if some vets didn't know about that; knew one who didn't know a few things that are old now yet has been part of Mabi since beta. We have title #7 now after riding unicorns to all places it goes to (requires you to start and finish at the same spot for each set of unicorns; one in Avalon itself and one between the two land masses). Probably take ~5 mins. Don't know if field raids have any affect to the riding though...

I never want to do g19-21 ever again until the boss fights are a bit more bearable to deal with... especially since g19 is available to new characters along with g1. The main issue is just surviving and being able to avoid hard-hitting/OHKO attacks and not have to rely on nao stones or chugging of potions to the point of heavy poisoning, damage input is a different matter however.

While you do need to train yourself accordingly and get your skills up, you shouldn't be forced what you need to get through it; otherwise it might as well be a RP-like mission. I couldn't get through these quests without a fast mount or specific skills like Final Hit or Mana Shield.
  • RukiasakuraRukiasakura
    Mabinogi Rep: 520
    LongSly wrote: »
    Golem "Fight"
    Since I couldn't summon a pet, I had a very frustrating and difficult time to get out of the circles in time. Even when I appear to be OUT of the circle, game says "No, you're still in the circle, back you go!" The timing between the circle appearing and triggering needs to be
    a second or two longer... Human character, by the way, with no way to speed boost (would probably have to be current level 100 to get the speed boost, assuming that would be enough).

Few times I gotten close to the orb and back to start I go...

After the orb, it's not much of a challenge to kill it...

lingyao wrote: »

Also Anchor Rush, however you need to time it. You can use the white text as a warning of when it'll cast it. When it's about to cast, stand still and have anchor rush at the ready; when the circle appears immediately use it as far as you can, depending on the rank of your skill.

What rank do you recommend for Anchor Rush? I'm doing this quest for G21 next, and mine is only rA right now.

fennixfox
  • EvuuEvuu
    Mabinogi Rep: 935
    A bit of challenge is always good, but when it comes down to the majority of the playerbase not being able to beat the boss without a huge surplus of healing pets it becomes an issue. Perhaps implement a system where after a certain amount of deaths during the boss it gets a nerf little by little for the individual player? Theres one MMO I have played that shall not be named that has this exact system. It makes the content accessible to everyone but scales the difficulty for the individual player. This way the more adavnced players get the satisfaction of beating the boss at a higher difficulty and the less rich/advanced players a chance to complete the content. That way everyone is happy.
    LongSlyfennixfox
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited July 14, 2018
    Aaaand to add on to my last post:

Final Boss: Neamheim Spear of God(brionac) works on this guy, so the first 20% of health can be done in about 6 shadowmission minutes. This'll lead to a cutscene. Wanna know what the problem is?

outcome 1: The AI keeps attacking you during the conversation, forcing you to either {skip dialogue a first-timer would want to see} OR {die}

outcome 2: The AI kills you during the conversation and shuts down, so using a nao stone simply leads to outcome 3

outcome 3: The AI shuts down for the cutscene or because it kills you during it, so even if you revive yourself and kill talvish, no final cutscene occurs and you fail on timeout while parading around a braindead talvish for 10 minutes

Yeaaah. I'll just wait for the next patch. I have a feeling that if I get a reply back it's gonna be some letdown like: "We've reset your quest, try again for the 60th time". We won, we want our free quest completion as compensation !
    fennixfox
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 14, 2018
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    Aaaand to add on to my last post:

Final Boss: Neamheim Spear of God works on this guy, so the first 20% of health can be done in about 6 shadowmission minutes. This'll lead to a cutscene. Wanna know what the problem is?

outcome 1: The AI keeps attacking you during the conversation, forcing you to either {skip dialogue a first-timer would want to see} OR {die}

outcome 2: The AI kills you during the conversation and shuts down, so using a nao stone simply leads to outcome 3

outcome 3: The AI shuts down for the cutscene or because it kills you during it, so even if you revive yourself and kill talvish, no final cutscene occurs and you fail on timeout while parading around a braindead talvish for 10 minutes

Yes, i found out that glitch too. I was reading dialog when i noticed that Talvish is still attacking me during it, so i just ignored it. I think i barely survived, but Talvish was completely glitched. I made his HP go below 30%, his health was 0.39% before the timer ran out for me lol. I was frustrated and worried that i won't complete this anymore, but apparently when i tried this 3rd time i got a new dialog when his HP went to 30%.

I really hope Dev's will fix this so Talvish won't attack during dialog and also...

Fix that darn weird camera angle during Nascent Divinity transformation... It's so bad that i don't even want to use it since it distracts me so much and i can't clearly see what's ahead of me. This new transformation is poorly made in my opinion. The mini-game when using normal attack is broken too. Many times i was supposed to get a charge for clicking on time (full blue bar was full), but sometimes it just don't.
    fennixfox
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    What rank do you recommend for Anchor Rush? I'm doing this quest for G21 next, and mine is only rA right now.

Just enough to get out of a windmill circle or slightly larger. Test it out yourself. The golem doesnt do any damage til you hit the podium.....it just gets annoying trying to run out of the circle. lol
    fennixfox
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    The hell. You can't outrun Talvish's no-crusader skill attack if you're a melee. That's just a lot of bull.
    fennixfox
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 14, 2018
    Like i said, the key success for Alban Knights chapter is to have crap ton of Nao/Guardian Stones, there is barely few strategies that can help you survive a little longer, but you definitely still die sooner or later since the bosses we got are usually able to teleport around anything and getting them stuck somewhere is impossible, also making things like unable us to summon pets is another cheap way to make things more difficult for us now. I still find it very amusing how few people came in forums to rant indelicately without even realizing that it was Nexon's intention to make things ridiculously difficult since most players should be experienced enough if they reach up to G21.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited July 14, 2018
    I died quite a bit to Talvish, before I said "Screw Divinity" and whaled on him normally. The transformation doesn't do enough damage to make up for the difficult control setup, including the camera, and accounting for the Crusader's Cooldown with Celestial Spike, nor does it clue me into how much it matters to my damage anyway, since it never conveyed any info on charges.

My issue is that the F1-F4 set up didn't seem to work well for Divine Blast, as it hardly fires pressing it the second time around, or holding it. It is pretty frustrating.

I could be bad at this, but it seems Nascent Divinity is far more detrimental, even if you do have the ability to move and shoot. I was better off using chain crush and dorcha snatch, or magnum shot.

• TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    I just noticed I had 30 monites on me.

Well this is just bad. A sponge boss with 30 minutes.

I can beat Girgashiy faster than this guy.
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited July 14, 2018
    I died quite a bit to Talvish, before I said "Screw Divinity" and whaled on him normally. The transformation doesn't do enough damage to make up for the difficult control setup, including the camera, and accounting for the Crusader's Cooldown with Celestial Spike, nor does it clue me into how much it matters to my damage anyway, since it never conveyed any info on charges.

My issue is that the F1-F4 set up didn't seem to work well for Divine Blast, as it hardly fires pressing it the second time around, or holding it. It is pretty frustrating.

I could be bad at this, but it seems Nascent Divinity is far more detrimental, even if you do have the ability to move and shoot. I was better off using chain crush and dorcha snatch, or magnum shot.

They didn't really do a good job explaining this but you don't have to use hot keys for divine blast, it can be used as divnitys auto attack.

Also in that mission you can freely use the divine skills and switch back to normal then go back to divinity without activating the CD, whenever my divine form got too low hp or if i got too close and got crusader silence I could switch back to normal to either use heal on myself or use crisis escape and shadow cloak then just switch back to divinity when I was ready and just rinse and repeated that.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited July 14, 2018
    Veylaine wrote: »

They didn't really do a good job explaining this but you don't have to use hot keys for divine blast, it can be used as divnitys auto attack.

Also in that mission you can freely use the divine skills and switch back to normal then go back to divinity without activating the CD, whenever my divine form got too low hp or if i got too close and got crusader silence I could switch back to normal to either use heal on myself or use crisis escape and shadow cloak then just switch back to divinity when I was ready and just rinse and repeated that.

It was automatically hotkeyed, and with the camera, pointing and clicking made it real difficult. I suppose I could have tried to use the "Normal attack" action, in the end. It seems Crisis Escape didn't work at all with Talvish, as his aoes seem to disable that, but I perhaps should have invested in movement speed increasers.

I learned a bit that one can switch out, but at the time, I thought I was bad at the control scheme.

So a few deaths later, I decide to use my crusader skills defensively, and whales on Talvish as I did till 80%.

There were good ideas for the fight, but the nascent divinity controls were too frustrating to waste stones on.
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    Veylaine wrote: »

It was automatically hotkeyed, and with the camera, pointing and clicking made it real difficult. I suppose I could have tried to use the "Normal attack" action, in the end. It seems Crisis Escape didn't work at all with Talvish, as his aoes seem to disable that, but I perhaps should have invested in movement speed increasers.

I learned a bit that one can switch out, but at the time, I thought I was bad at the control scheme.

So a few deaths later, I decide to use my crusader skills defensively, and whales on Talvish as I did till 80%.

well how I made crisis escape work was that I move away from him so his aoes didn't reach me then after using it I just let crisis escape go on through the full duration of course sometimes that wasn't fast enough so shadow cloak helped with that.