Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

you can cheese Tagar with hydra

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Greta wrote: »
    I was running and hitting pillars like a dummy. After destroying 6 or so pillars i realized that something is not right and then i realized that you actually need to lure her on them LOL.

For me...

I was a bit slower on realizing that you needed to lure her to the pillars.
    I had TOTALLY missed the on-screen message, because...
    I dunno, I guess it was overwritten with a Critical Hit message, or something.
    I just thought the pillars were tied to her invulnerability and kept destroying the ones marked with a red circle...

But hey, I found out that the mission auto-fails if all the pillars get destroyed.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited July 13, 2018
    So, I'm obviously not super strong, but what in the world do I need to do to prevent me from getting 1 shot killed by every-stupid-thing-in-this-stupid-game?! I used like 10 soul stones to not even get both pillars for this stupid thing and I go into insta-deadly then try and get around the pillar to get Tagar to get closer and get insta-killed. Like, it is absolutely ridiculous! I don't care if I can't 1 shot kill everything, that's NOT what I want, but I'm seriously sick of getting 1 shot killed.

B5HnlYQ.png
    My characters current level is 140, total is only 2218...

Ugh, so me right now:
    giphy.gif
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    So, I'm obviously not super strong, but what in the world do I need to do to prevent me from getting 1 shot killed by every-stupid-thing-in-this-stupid-game?! I used like 10 soul stones to not even get both pillars for this stupid thing and I go into insta-deadly then try and get around the pillar to get Tagar to get closer and get insta-killed. Like, it is absolutely ridiculous! I don't care if I can't 1 shot kill everything, that's NOT what I want, but I'm seriously sick of getting 1 shot killed.

B5HnlYQ.png
    My characters current level is 140, total is only 2218...

giphy.gif

I am fairly sure you will need to dodge Tagar's attacks, as she ripped through my shields fairly quickly and onto my health, and I am round level 16-17k. I made use of hit and run tactics, but a tip is perhaps to hit her with an incredibly strong attack once you downed her for the second time, and bringing many full recovery potions.

Her most annoying attack is when she goes into the ground, before teleporting. You can attempt to time an anchor rush, but it is better if you sprint in a linear fashion in any direction.
    Jazmyn
  • RaykaRayka
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    3rdy wrote: »

HAIL HYDRA!

you can lure her out of the ruins and away from the other npc's and then get away from her. when you come back she shouldent aggro you anymore and you can just hydra her to death

:P

Sir thanks for tip i didn't know that she can't aggro anymore in this way
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited July 13, 2018
    I am fairly sure you will need to dodge Tagar's attacks, as she ripped through my shields fairly quickly and onto my health, and I am round level 16-17k. I made use of hit and run tactics, but a tip is perhaps to hit her with an incredibly strong attack once you downed her for the second time, and bringing many full recovery potions.

Her most annoying attack is when she goes into the ground, before teleporting. You can attempt to time an anchor rush, but it is better if you sprint in a linear fashion in any direction.

I'm human with fleet feet and that's it... I don't have any speed walk potions and she kills my pets instantly, so everytime I try and hop onto them to get away we both die. ~_~ I can't even get her downed the 2nd time because for whatever reason, being in the red circle doesn't matter. Lag I'm sure. -_- Ugh, so frustrating. I finished the first half on the first day, and I can't even get past the second/third quest now on the second half at all...
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

I'm human with fleet feet and that's it... I don't have any speed walk potions and she kills my pets instantly, so everytime I try and hop onto them to get away we both die. ~_~ I can't even get her downed the 2nd time because for whatever reason, being in the red circle doesn't matter. Lag I'm sure. -_- Ugh, so frustrating. I finished the first half on the first day, and I can't even get past the second/third quest now on the second half at all...

You can run away at full speed on foot, and you should be fine like...75% of the time.

You can exploit the measure in the video posted above. It doesn't even require hide.
    Jazmyn
  • LongSlyLongSly
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    I cheesed Tagar by hitting her constantly with my mount (one of those sheep pets) with divine link and just hit it constantly while avoiding attacks, retreat a times to recover both me and my pet and re-establish the link. I could not find a good opening for my character to attack given how insane the damage input is from her, even with mana-shield (mostly gone in 1 hit) and paladin form (leave myself open for attack when using FH)... not to mention that one move where she dives and teleports where you last were when she vanishes (shortly before sinking into the ground).

If her damage was nerfed a bit, or a bit easier to dodge her strongest attack for those who don't have fast mounts, she would be quicker to deal with.
    Jazmyn
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    edited July 13, 2018

Try positioning yourself on one side of the red circle then as Tagar starts to go under move yourself to the opposite side of the red circle. This should place it in the circle because it usually keeps a bit of space between you and it. I know it's really frustrating to deal with though.
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    dowie wrote: »
    Try positioning yourself on one side of the red circle then as Tagar starts to go under move yourself to the opposite side of the red circle. This should place it in the circle because it usually keeps a bit of space between you and it. I know it's really frustrating to deal with though.
    I tried that but she kept doing that disappearing-and-reappearing-I'm-going-to-murder-you attack. I'll have to try using a pet to attack her like LongSly mentioned and keep trying this as you mention. If it doesn't work when I get up the courage to try again, I'm just going to record my failures and see if it looks like a lag thing or if I'm just really that bad. (I'm sure it's the latter.)
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    dowie wrote: »
    I tried that but she kept doing that disappearing-and-reappearing-I'm-going-to-murder-you attack. I'll have to try using a pet to attack her like LongSly mentioned and keep trying this as you mention. If it doesn't work when I get up the courage to try again, I'm just going to record my failures and see if it looks like a lag thing or if I'm just really that bad. (I'm sure it's the latter.)

I know your pain. I also was lagging in that mission and it kept not working. Took me 4 or 5 tries and half an hour of screaming at my screen before I got it. They really should increase the range of that circle imo.
    Jazmyn