Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Pet Whistles into Pet Cards

Animelove89Animelove89
Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
edited May 14, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
Gives us more reason to rebirth pets. Example using event pets to rebirth old pets for more levels and more skills.
YoridenlilblkroseBronzebreakGremm

Comments

• YoridenYoriden
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
    So much support for this, I feel like the pet rebirth system doesn't get enough love and a few tweaks might see some more use out of it.

Like, and I want this so desperately, making it so that event pets can be rebirthed. Because at the moment, most are locked, but with pets like the Doki Doki ones being so easy to obtain en masse, I feel like it would be beneficial to allow them to be rebirthed to give incentive for users to buy pet cards to rebirth their event pets with.

If event pet whistles could be used as pet cards to rebirth old pets too, that could stir up interest in people using the pet rebirth system more- which could encourage more pet card purchases as well.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it near pointless to pet rb? I mean sure you can get smash on a pet that can't normally use it but... Really that's it, and you burn a pet card too.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it near pointless to pet rb? I mean sure you can get smash on a pet that can't normally use it but... Really that's it, and you burn a pet card too.

It's not pointless. You can rebirth pets into different types of pets to keep the same names if you wanted.. Or if you are maxed out on character cards, rebirth an event pet into another one with a larger inventory.
    lilblkroseYoriden
  • Animelove89Animelove89
    you may say it is pointless but I like to have rank 1 skills on a random pet to make them more useful when they aren't for example a nine tail fox has rank 1 spells while other pets can't. So if nine tail pet is sold more. People can have other pets like fallen fairy have rank 1 spells as well
    YoridenGremm
  • YoridenYoriden
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

Some pets max their skills out at lower levels or reach higher ranks on skills than others- since they retain those skills when they rebirth, rebirthing is useful if, say, you decide you want to take your Lovely Labrador with rank 6 healing, firebolt, icebolt, and lightning bolt and rebirth it into a Black Seal which can't normally reach that rank on any of those skills... which you might want because Doki decided you needed seven labs instead of the one siamese you kept trying for.

//true story

But yeah, it's good for getting skills on pets that wouldn't normally have them and maxing out pets' skill ranks that might either normally take a lot more levels or may be totally unobtainable for the desired pet without rebirthing from another one.
  • SollSoll
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,330
    edited July 12, 2018
    With each new pet being sold or coming out in whistle form, it is now pretty much impossible to rebirth already-existing pets into another kind of pet, despite the feature existing in the game for years.

What I would like is either the possibility to make the pet whistles into cards we can use to rebirth pets or, more preferably, choose whether we want the pet under a card form or a whistle form.

• BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Soll wrote: »
    With each new pet being sold or coming out in whistle form, it is now pretty much impossible to rebirth already-existing pets into another kind of pet, despite the feature existing in the game for years.

What I would like is either the possibility to make the pet whistles into cards we can use to rebirth pets or, more preferably, choose whether we want the pet under a card form or a whistle form.

I agree that they should definitely be cards. Also, /necro.
  • Animelove89Animelove89
    I think the best example is this new milky bone dragon. Let's say you want to rebirth an old pet into this eye catchy bone dragon you are unable to. I also think it be cool if pets can use all "pet race" skills. Would this be Over powered? Now that I thought about it... I think it would be if you get 10 "running" pet skills and they all activated... AMAZING :D
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Also, /necro.

Just an FYI, this forum section is an exception of CoC necro rule.The last post looks like a necro due to it being a thread that was merged with this one since they were of the same topic.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    I honestly did not know about pets obtaining more skills from rebirthing with another pet card.....I am now conflicted! Do the stats of the ranks of the skills also cross over? id like to have a beast of a pet that can fight just like me with almost about 400~500+ damage <3
    Jazmyn
  • Animelove89Animelove89
    Alshian wrote: »
    I honestly did not know about pets obtaining more skills from rebirthing with another pet card.....I am now conflicted! Do the stats of the ranks of the skills also cross over? id like to have a beast of a pet that can fight just like me with almost about 400~500+ damage <3

Only "limited" skills is transferred over.

Technically all skills transfer over BUT the skills that is "specific" can not be used if that pet cant use it?

But anyways best example is you can have a mimic use smash BUT can't use windmill. So it is trial and error.

Currently best option is to have a pet "cloud" rebirth into a "nine-tail-fox" rebirth into "dragon" rebirth into "tiger"

This in turn gets you rank 1 bolts skills, Rank 1 Healing, Rank 6 Windmill, Rank 5 Combat skills.
    Jazmyn