Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

G9-20 repeatability and or 21

kairisoadorikairisoadori
Mabinogi Rep: 1,725
edited July 1, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
Can we repeat g9-g12g13-g20 for nostalgic reasons im fine with a complete reset of my quests like keep mai dyed boronic but reset me to g9 to start and they should give ap and gold like normal and or items like tailteann 2h and if say g22 comes out and im reset then i need to regain to g21 to do g22 i would be fine with as well

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    SX1qYrN.jpg
    Darkfire16najee508SylviaWolfeKensamaofmari
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    only way to repeat storyline is making an alt and start from scratch
    Kensamaofmari
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I wish we could run through storylines again, sort of like we can with the Saga stuff.

The crystal balls in the Dunbarton Library used to function as a way to re-experience storylines by letting you replay cutscenes, but I feel they forgot about them, as they haven't been updated and even for the older Gens they aren't complete.

Being able to run through storylines again, without having to just train up another character would be nice.
    FluoretteSollHawkleafKitt15IonLialinKensamaofmariOlindori
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    If we could repeat g1 for full rewards that'd be so broken it's not even funny. It only takes a few hours and gives like 200ap. Why even bother leveling at that point (aside from shine)
    Twelie
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    If we could repeat g1 for full rewards that'd be so broken it's not even funny. It only takes a few hours and gives like 200ap. Why even bother leveling at that point (aside from shine)

I suppose people wish to run it for fun, more than rewards, which can be nerfed.

Though no one in the game does anything for fun, if you think about it.
  • SollSoll
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,330
    edited July 1, 2018
    Sometimes I wish i could replay a gen simply to either refresh myself on lore or to confirm things. Also, some battles were genuinely fun to have (looking at you, nuadha)

Even if i know now that I can steamroll any of the previous generation bosses, enjoying the storyline probably shouldn't be made to be a one-time thing. (Though having some kind of 'raids' with the older generation bosses could be interesting by itself. Keep the same goals, just beef up the bosses.)

The crystal ball function could be updated to encompass everything, but even then, just cutscenes isn't enough compared to a whole storyline.
    Also let me choose alternate dialogues and see through G21's other characters in the crystal part like come on
    Kitt15IonLialin
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    I also wish that we could redo them at their original intended length, complexity and their highest difficulty. Yes, this means I want the ideals quest back to its original hair pulling length.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    I also wish that we could redo them at their original intended length, complexity and their highest difficulty. Yes, this means I want the ideals quest back to its original hair pulling length.

I mean, ideals are okay I guess but who wants to run barri like 8 times? With a full day wait in between each run it was awful.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium

I mean, ideals are okay I guess but who wants to run barri like 8 times? With a full day wait in between each run it was awful.

To quote a certain red skinned cyclops, "To soak in the nostalgia".
    MhaolLialinBlissfulkill
  • kairisoadorikairisoadori
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,725
    edited July 16, 2018
    you can right now repeat g 1-2-3 with full ap reward and items gold drops and i never heard of a nerf to this but i guess its possible but less then a year ago this was still a functioning option in the game
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    you can right now repeat g 1-2-3 with full ap reward and items gold drops and i never heard of a nerf to this but i guess its possible but less then a year ago this was still a functioning option in the game

They mean multiple times, as in more than once.
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145

for some reason people still play this game, so someone wanting to do the nonsense original quests that just padded for time with long waits isn't hard to imagine to me
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    KelpSoda wrote: »

for some reason people still play this game, so someone wanting to do the nonsense original quests that just padded for time with long waits isn't hard to imagine to me

That reason is because there's no other mmo's like mabi. Closest is runescape and runescape is awful.
    MizukiHayamaBlissfulkillGreta
  • Kitt15Kitt15
    Mabinogi Rep: 620
    edited March 20, 2020
    //
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Kitt15 wrote: »
    It would also be nice if you could actually do it in order without quests for the later storyline triggering first. You can't really avoid it because there's NPCs like Duncan that you have to talk to. If you're doing it in order by the time you get to that quest you've already missed a bit and will have probably forgotten what it was.

yeah, this way people will stop complaining when the latest Gen completely crushes them with things that they've never seen before but has actually happened in previous Gens.
    ImaizumiSoll
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    i also Support being able to replay G19-21 part 2.

i actually really like it. but i think it could bring a extra advantage to it. they could add in the ability in those missions to have your crusader skills on a tiny cooldown to allowed you to solo train Celestial Spike and Judgement blade to later join raid groups. this could also open the opportunity for those fights like Realisation girgy to be only defeated with the Crusader combo.
  • XypixXypix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,890
    yeah i would love to try to do talvish without dying once, or using divinity.
    aka the "i hate myself" challenge
    Lialin
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Xypix wrote: »
    yeah i would love to try to do talvish without dying once, or using divinity.
    aka the "i hate myself" challenge

I did this by accident just gotta crank them dps high enough. (okay I died once because he locked my crusader skills and I couldn't shield but aside from that)
  • KairiUJMKKairiUJMK
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,455
    I'd actually like to redo g20 like every week or at least once a month just to change the titles of who likes me most as I feel up too (It'd be great if all could be obtained, I mean I love those dang Alban Knights way too much, they've grown on me like family, and I'd want all their titles.). Plus that and I went in blind last time and got Altam, if I had known certain things increased or decreased likability for certain characters I'd have worked towards Caswyn, Pihne, or Talvish :< though I guess I got the title that best represents me as a Milletian I suppose o-o still wouldn't have been my first choice Q-Q (no offense to puppy boi :3 )