Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Can we not immediately scream for nerfs?

Comments

• ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    If anyone who hasn't finished the Final Boss Fight checks here, try using your trans teleport to lose aggro when you see the boss attempt to Spike you to stop your crusader skills.

I only got to try it twice but the first time I did it pretty fast and managed to avoid getting Spiked. I basically used the teleport as soon as I saw the text notification pop up on screen.

The second time I did it a bit late and I got Spiked and died to Judgement Blades after, but I noticed the animation had started up at this point where as the first time I did it before the animation for the Boss Spiking even started to come out.

So maybe besides trying to sluggishly Blade the Boss when he Spikes, it might be easier to just dodge it asap using the trans teleport.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Wait, he spikes? Since when?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    TNinja wrote: »
    Wait, he spikes? Since when?

It's the move that seals the use of your Crusader skills for a period of time.
    It looks like Celestial Spikes go into your character, but it doesn't actually hurt you like Celestial Spike does.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    edited July 15, 2018
    At the moment that's the least of my worries since my time frame went from around 9 minutes to like 2 minutes and he healed himself to 70-90% hp. Not sure how since I kept hitting him. I'll try again. As for the combo build up....the highest number I see on the bottom bar was 3. Don't think that's enough to use the AoE or explosion skill.

Will figure it out I guess. Day 3 of attempting it almost all day. GO!!!

Edit: Yikes.....found out i'm doing 100-200 dmg unless I crit then its like 500-600. QQ almost had it ...he had 52% hp left. Sooo close. *poke his life to death*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    Too easy, please buff. Just give all mobs 99% damage reduction to all skills.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    i finished g21..... the clone was the one i struggled with.....
    I wouldn't mind that being nerfed- i think if you made it all the way to g21 finishing all ur generational quests you have what it takes to defeat this particular boss.
    I play a elf so i couldn't FH it...i couldn't fh anything...i think everyone skillsets will outweigh the outcome of each battle in the g21 mission.
    I think it should be nerfed a lil bit on the healing... considering every skillset should be able to have a go, and i dont think every skillset gonna be able to achieve the win with similar advantages.

i didnt have any issues with the final boss... the ONLY issue was it does k-O damage with 1 skill, so you will need to revive yourself. if the boss negates your shield of trust(for me it was like a 25% chance), it results in a K-O.... i only had to use 1 balloon.
    (i dont like relying on revives, this was the only boss i had to/forced to)
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    i finished g21..... the clone was the one i struggled with.....
    I wouldn't mind that being nerfed- i think if you made it all the way to g21 finishing all ur generational quests you have what it takes to defeat this particular boss.
    I play a elf so i couldn't FH it...i couldn't fh anything...i think everyone skillsets will outweigh the outcome of each battle in the g21 mission.
    I think it should be nerfed a lil bit on the healing... considering every skillset should be able to have a go, and i dont think every skillset gonna be able to achieve the win with similar advantages.

i didnt have any issues with the final boss... the ONLY issue was it does k-O damage with 1 skill, so you will need to revive yourself. if the boss negates your shield of trust(for me it was like a 25% chance), it results in a K-O.... i only had to use 1 balloon.
    (i dont like relying on revives, this was the only boss i had to/forced to)

I really don't think every skillset should have an equal chance, maybe if we were locked to a single class but since we aren't...

Mag spam is king of single target but can't match chain sweep or fireball for room clearing, things like that set the game apart since we aren't restricted to one skillset.
    TheDumbOneImaizumifennixfox
  • LongSlyLongSly
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    What rank do you recommend for Anchor Rush? I'm doing this quest for G21 next, and mine is only rA right now.

I think rA is good enough.

Regarding the dialogue when Talvish is still hitting you after you hit the 30% mark: You can use potions still with hotkeys... if you still have any that is.
  • XafnirXafnir
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    For those that are still having trouble with the last fight, and like me, can't see the white text properly here are a few hints:
    1) When the boss says: "I'm sorry" he will use the 1 shot kill skill
    2) When he starts talking about the prophecy: "Let me show you the prophecy" (or something like that) he will use the crusader lock skill
    3) The crusader lock skill has a set range so running away from it is a good way of avoiding it
    4) If by some chance you get hit by the crusader lock skill, run away as far as you can and use skills to drop aggro, he never uses the instant kill move if you are very far away
    5) I don't know if this is super accurate but at least for me, while i was constantly normal hitting him with dual swords, he never used the crusader lock skill
    6) 1 more thing i used to do was use hydra on him right after defending the instant kill move since it does extra damage while i can move around

Hope this helps anyone

As for the doppelganger, i don't have any advice since i will be honest with you guys, i brute forced that fight with FH, MP shield, and demigod but what i could suggest is using morrighan demigod to constantly hit him
    MizukiHayamaTheDumbOneTwelieImaizumiCallanthe
  • MrPlinkettMrPlinkett
    Mabinogi Rep: 435
    I was around 2.9k total level and I beaten G21 part 2 with chain cast firebolts and final hit beam sabers with wings of eclipse for Tagar. Only Tagar was any difficult too because she wouldn't appear inside the red circle when you try to position her. Talvish is only annoying if he casts celestial spike after his judgement blade or vice versa since you can't cast crusader skills twice in a row, but I somehow managed to beat him without him using spike.
    fennixfox
  • AlwaysShamoAlwaysShamo
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    animegeek wrote: »
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    animegeek wrote: »
    They made it too difficult. That is my opinion and I say either it needs nerfs, or make it so a group can fight alongside you. Otherwise for weaker players it is literally impossible to beat. I am near 5.3k total and I basically get 1 shot. That is nuts, either nerf it or make it a group fight. Tagar is almost impossible to beat with her dive underground attack spam, she spams it every 5 seconds and it is literally impossible to do damage against her etc. due to this spam.

It's not literally impossible, have you thought of anything outside of just throwing yourself at it time and time again?

Anchor rush gives Invuln and if you time it right it literally can't hurt you.

I don't use chain skills at all, I just think they made it too difficult for the 2nd part, and need to at least make it so that a group can do these missions, or nerf the missions altogether.

But it shouldn't be so blatantly unfair either.

Bosses one-shotting you is artificial difficulty and a lazy way for developers to make a challenge for the player. Couple that with the unresponsiveness of the game and it's just a nightmare.

I'll admit that I'm one of those players that does the storyline quests, quits, and then comes back the next time the game updates. I was a beta tester and I have 6k levels and 7 master talents, but the last couple of generation boss fights have felt like piles of bullshit. Everything one shots you, I have to constantly summon pets just to get out of some stupid AoE attack or else I get hit because of slow human running speed and it feels like there's no way to counter it unless you're spending a ton of money on getting godly gear.

Storyline quests should be accessible to everyone that plays a game. This does not feel accessible by any stretch of the imagination. I happened to have a nice stash of Nao stones on my account from the last time I played, and I spent 21 on Tagar. Twenty one! And a good portion of those were spent because the damn game doesn't do what I tell it to. How many times do I have to press R to jump on a damn mount?

It just feels like a cheap money grab.
  • GunlessGunless
    Mabinogi Rep: 310
    I was able to do after my second try. I am an elf and my total level is 5695. I have no enchant on my weapons and just basics weapons. I use knuckles for the spinning uppercut and battlefield overtune+ chain burst/impale spam. And my chain blade weapon is on a 4th blue step upgrade. This fight cost me about 7 nao stones. I took some precaution and bought some guardian stones from seal merchant tho. The only deaths I got was from where my I couldnt seem to shield myself no matter how many times i pressed it. Just use a Nao for that. And eventually i got potion poisoning but since my dex is never lower i was still able to do damage. When he got below 80% it was pretty much a cake walk and fun to use the new skills. and I will admit that it was hard and challenging. But it shouldn't cost too many nao stones. I did consider magmun shot spam as an elf but i was below 100 and it takes a few seconds for my shots to charge before its accurate to fire
    fennixfox
  • hothead1021hothead1021
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    Look, i think all we ask out of this game is to give us what they promise us. a way to play the game however we want to play it. one of the core attractions that brought us into Mabinogi in the first place was the fact that we could choose how to play the game. from simply farming for materials, doing quests and even learning skills, there are a myriad of ways we can play and that includes how we play the story. some characters like to be an aggressive DPS or a careful tank. others like to be a distanced mage or archer, and the games so far never punished us to play how we want. a boss is supposed to be a test of your skill, something that puts what you learned to the test in a challenging but fair way. all we ask is just a little compromise here, if you cant nerf a boss, at least change a few scripts here or there if you can so that they don't loop the same skill over and over again. Don't get me wrong, the advice people in this post do have their values, but not everyone is going to play the same way in this game, and its only a matter of time before you make a mistake and then sooner or later you start to feel that its the games fault for doing this. in conclusion, im not mad that the boss is too hard, i feel a little disappointed is all. I'll get through this generation storyline because I've stuck with it since g9 and i still love this game no matter what flaws it has. i only hope it can still be polished to something everyone can enjoy.

I hope I have said my piece without offending anybody, and if it has in some way, then i apologize as it was not my intention. good luck to all of you facing the challenges ahead.
  • ZamehadaZamehada
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    Just gonna leave this here. I thought it was pretty fun.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    wow, so much G21 feedback from new forums users all of sudden :o
    fennixfox
  • PopclipsPopclips
    Mabinogi Rep: 790
    I'll admit, it was a little frustrating to die to Tagar so much (anchor rush iframes do NOT work with rando lag spikes lol), but overall I thought it was fun xD Ya'll are gonna think I'm crazy for saying this, but the last boss fight was my favorite. There was actual strategy to it versus "just hit it with a stick and hope it dies" type fighting that I see so much in mabi xD Overall, I thought it was a nice change from the usual combat style in this game ^.^ And can I just say that the music in this generation is amazing? Actually worth turning on bgm for this one ;-;-b
    fennixfox
  • ShepShep
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    I've totally been watching this thread since it was made because I was stuck on how to beat the Dopple. But after day three I finally was able to beat it, so I wanted to throw my two cents in!

TAGAR: Was really hard at first, I was just trying to smack it dead but then I realized it's AI was like the grim reaper boss from the Cave of Trials (many, many days spent fighting that for event coins), and theater mission reaper. So I realized that I could make use of iframes to bypass the slicy windmill of death thing. I only used two pillars, the rest didn't get a red circle for me, so I essentially just used chain slasher skills on it, and every time it went underground, I would use chain sweep, taking no damage. I died a lot until I realized I could do that. Then it was a piece of cake, and also my favorite boss fight.

GOLEM THINGY: Didn't actually realize this was a boss, sorry... I'm an elf, I just Hide myself to the orb, nuf said.

DOPPLEGANGER: a complete hating loath for this sponge cake of a beast. I spent so many days trying to beat it, and in the end had to use a guildie's better equipment set just to finally kill it with magnum spam + cloud pet sacrifices. Even then I ran out of time when it was at 15-20% health. The regeneration is way too fast, I wouldn't mind the tankiness of it if it didn't regen 1% like, every two seconds. That's as long as it takes me to even load magnum, let alone shoot it. (Previous attempts included bashing to death, chain whipping to death, and puppeteering to death. All master talents. Chain worked best but I never got below 80%)

TALVISH: Still working on this... It's only day 1 of me attempting but I've hit 70% at most, so far. Will get back to this. xD;

~conclusion~
    I like the bosses in that they require some strategy (aside from sponge dopple) but nerfing would be nice. Like... lack of instant death skills, and slower regen. Regen could still be a thing just not so intense maybe ~

fennixfox
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited July 16, 2018
    Well considering the darn thing has:
    • obligate infinite transformation time(unless you get into combat)
    • Can gather things from props without it counting as combat
    • Appearance options
    • Jiggle(on idle AND in combat)
    • Can talk to NPCs and enter buildings

I'd say it's well worth the insane EverQuest style "You'd better WORK for this reward" reputation.

Also, I have nothing happy or supportive to say about the Cichol doppelganger fight. Our character was total 8000 and it took almost the entire timelimit even with finalhit.

In hindsight though, this was before the wiki update, so it was just ::kill copycats:: ::hurt the boss::. We didn't use switches because we didn't know about them

Stop quoting outdated versions, people . .
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited July 16, 2018
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    • Appearance options

I'd say it's well worth the insane EverQuest style "You'd better WORK for this reward" title

The New Divinity's +5% experience is turning out to be a godsend, so there's that.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    • Appearance options

I'd say it's well worth the insane EverQuest style "You'd better WORK for this reward" title

The New Divinity's +5% experience is turning out to be a godsend, so there's that.

On saturday I went from crusader 35-44, weekend 2x, pot 2x, robes 10%, titles 5% I got over 20k exp. This is insane it's skipping actual months worth of exp.