Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

This is your local MabiConnus Weather Forcast!♫♪♫♪

Comments

• SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited July 20, 2018
    Meridis wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    do you need to afk there? After one of the hacking incidents some years ago, I thought we all kinda agreed that the best place to afk is in your own private areas like homestead and the knights training grounds...

Don't spread useless FUD here, thanks. And some people like to afk at certain places.

wait, what? This was a serious question and now I'm just confused.

You don't need to AFK there, but I also wouldn't worry about that degree of nefarious activity. You are safe.
  • LongSlyLongSly
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    do you need to afk there?

No you don't. You can try out the new "chairs" however, if a spot is available.

It's really just a good place to hang out while in a swimsuit or some other summer-theme clothing.
  • MeridisMeridis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    Sebastian wrote: »
    do you need to afk there? After one of the hacking incidents some years ago, I thought we all kinda agreed that the best place to afk is in your own private areas like homestead and the knights training grounds...

Don't spread useless FUD here, thanks. And some people like to afk at certain places.

wait, what? This was a serious question and now I'm just confused.

You don't need to AFK there, but I also wouldn't worry about that degree of nefarious activity. You are safe.

but where talking about the Martini drink, right? The one where it matters if your rest is interrupted. If so, wouldn't it be better just to use it in your homestead? Your less likely to crash there as well since there isn't any activity.
  • SebastianSebastian
    edited July 20, 2018
    but where talking about the Martini drink, right? The one where it matters if your rest is interrupted. If so, wouldn't it be better just to use it in your homestead? Your less likely to crash there as well since there isn't any activity.

People can handle the activity, but if others can't I suppose homestead or a less busy channel is your best bet
    LongSly
  • LongSlyLongSly
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210

You can AFK-Rest anywhere as you please while under the meditation effect. Some would like to afk at the beach for aesthetic reasons, however.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Not funny. Imagine if person buys one of those drinks that gives you exp while using Rest and they decide to rest on those nice tanning chairs for that and a single trolling guy just comes in and ruins everything, thinking that this is an innocent joke. Poor players might be laying dead for hours and hours for nothing...

Oh lighten up. They don't have to hang out there to reap the benefits of those potions.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I actually like to AFK where there are others, perhaps to strike up a chat whenever I come back. The culpability we have to reduce harm doesn't excuse harm whenever it is done. Why should I be the one to not AFK where I please, out of fear of someone else's transgressions? Rather, I will not stand idly by (Or rather, I will :p ) ad be kowtowed by such criminals.
    Greta
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Meanwhile,
    At the ice fishing event people were begging other to summons raid bosses.
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Meanwhile,
    At the ice fishing event people were begging other to summons raid bosses.

Seems like Froglord is late, because they are just now beginning to....walk on thin ice, huh?

B)
    MizukiHayamaZephyrmaruRadiant Dawn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited July 21, 2018
    I think you guys forget that the players who have those summons PAID for them and therefore they can summon them whenever and WHEREVER they want. Nexon can't do anything to those players for using something they PAID for and therefore they won't. They are not "criminals".

What they should of done was disable summons for the location of the event. But that's too logical.
    Sebastian
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Gaea wrote: »
    I think you guys forget that the players who have those summons PAID for them and therefore they can summon them whenever and WHEREVER they want. Nexon can't do anything to those players for using something they PAID for and therefore they won't. They are not "criminals".

What they should of done was disable summons for the location of the event. But that's too logical.

Interesting logic.

Anyway, Nexon should change the way how summoning urns work or never add them ever again. Thank god people can't drop their stuff when becoming unconscious anymore...
    LongSly
    edited July 21, 2018
    Gaea wrote: »

I think developer oversight is a matter of debate as to what constitutes it, but I do not actually think Froglord deserves a punishment from Nexon; just stares of damning scrutiny. <_<
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Probably best to avoid AFKing with Blessed Ego weapons, just on the offchance a Summoned boss arrives and knocks you unconscious.
    Those blessings are more annoying than most to reapply.

Meditation Potions are nigh-worthless, in most cases, so it's hard to get upset about THOSE getting wasted.

Regardless, even barring all other details, it is kind of lame to kill AFK players via siccing aggro-y monsters on them.
    Unless they're bots. (even if it doesn't shut them up...)

Talk about playing the long con on this though, what with saving monster summoning urns all this time.
  • SebastianSebastian
    I still think it's a funny thought to just be relaxing on the beach and suddenly being mauled by a dragon.
    BerryswirlRadiant DawnWolfandWolfSherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Probably best to avoid AFKing with Blessed Ego weapons, just on the offchance a Summoned boss arrives and knocks you unconscious.

Meditation Potions are nigh-worthless, in most cases, so it's hard to get upset about THOSE getting wasted.

Regardless, even barring all other details, it is kind of lame to kill AFK players via siccing aggro-y monsters on them.

Talk about playing the long con on this though, what with saving monster summoning urns all this time.

It's still good way to gain levels if you are too busy to be playing or just lazy. Just leave your character afk resting and you are good to go lol.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    edited July 21, 2018
    Even if the player did pay for them, they were never intended to be used in malicious ways.
    Also, I find it funny that people were so panic-witchhunt driven-pitch folk flying over people getting a few extra bone dragons, yet encouraging this kind of behaviour at AFK events. Do the game a favor and next time there is something you think is unfair don't make threads, if you're going to support someone killing players at events like this.
    ZephyrmaruGretaYokkaichiTwelievioletkittRadiant Dawn
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Iyasenu wrote: »

It's still good way to gain levels if you are too busy to be playing or just lazy. Just leave your character afk resting and you are good to go lol.
    I dunno about a good way.
    "A way" would be more accurate.

Also, afk at Festia Landmark for MAXIMUM AFK POWERS!
    Tiny EXP per second + EXP per Mabiday = AFKnogi activate!

Added bonus of being safe from beach-combing monsters who would wanna interrupt your resting.

If only these Martini "Meditation Potions" acted like the Extremely Strong variant, that worked up to level 200.
    That and I wish they actually had anything to do with the actual Meditation skill.
  • SebastianSebastian
    edited July 21, 2018
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Even if the player did pay for them, they were never intended to be used in malicious ways.
    Also, I find it funny that people were so panic-witchhunt driven-pitch folk flying over people getting a few extra bone dragons, yet encouraging this kind of behaviour at AFK events. Do the game a favor and next time there is something you think is unfair don't make threads, if you're going to support someone killing players at events like this.

I don't think botting for Bone Dragons correlates with causing havoc with monster urns. At all.
    BuffalosIyasenuMizukiHayamaCrimsọnBerryswirlRadiant DawnSherri
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    edited July 21, 2018

I don't think botting for Bone Dragons correlates with causing havoc with monster urns. At all.

It really does. Getting a few extra bone dragons did nothing at all to hurt the player base, it didn't even hurt the game at all. (Should add that alot of people who got extra bone dragons were multi accounting, which wasn't botting, which is allowed on the game) Yet purposly killing players, causing them to loose time on potions and blessing water, is actually harming players. Are they going to get the time back on those potions? No. Are they going to get the Holy water for free, without paying or doing the parttime job? No.

I'll laugh when nexon makes it that summoning urns can only be used when they are on sale Or when they restrict them from being summoned during an AFK event.
    GretaYokkaichi
  • ZephyrmaruZephyrmaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,430

It's definitely apples to oranges, but I do like the logic of "it's all okay or none of it is". We can't get into a rage and rant about exploiters abusing what should be a nice event, then turn around and abuse a different nice event. And while to "some" people, this is as simple as "boo hoo exp is easy to get", some people have jobs and other things requiring their attention...or maybe this is just a nice place for the community to afk in without being scared of a dragon appearing. Either way, this is hypocritical if we're promoting one and condemning another. Both are scummy things to do, memes aside.

The first time I see a Dragon go full on Skyrim on a beach of Milletians I will laugh my butt off, and hope half of us arent afk and able to stop it. The novelty dies after the first one though, immediately.
    GretaYokkaichiTwelieBerryswirl