Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Just like Dark Souls...

SheenaSheena
Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
edited July 13, 2018 in General Chat
I finally defeated G21 final boss in its final form AND got a mild warning for giving a little too intense vent (... GREAT!)

But i think i finally got thought my grief stages:

1. Anger
- Getting an insta kill and rage about it

2. Even MORE Anger
- Using a good cater, song buff, best gear, FH, full recover potions, 20+ nao stones, etc... and then lose because the time runs out...

And RAGE about it...

3. Bargaining
Starting to have feelings of helplessness and vulnerability is often a need to regain control through a series of “If only” statements, such as:

If only this boss was more balanced... (Like getting rid of the insta kill and timer...)

4. Depression
- "I better quit untill this boss gets nerfed"

5. Acceptance
- I defeated the final boss! SWEET!... That was VERY depressing and frustrating to deal with, lets NEVER do that again!...

Then I realise that I got a warning for venting too hard, but i will shrug it off and keep on living =3
apQA1dD_700b.jpg

The moral of this story is: Dont give up... I guess?
RezovovioletkittlethalvirusZephyrmaruLialinpawcalypseSherriGoldtiger01

Comments

• SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Congrats. :)
    Sheena
  • lethalviruslethalvirus
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,720
    lmao
  • violetkittvioletkitt
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,670
    Awesome work!! You go, girl!!
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Speaking of beating bosses...

Something I never actually figured out, what were you SUPPOSED to do when the final boss was doing that move that seals the use of your Crusader skills.
    Every time he tried to do that, by the time I actually noticed he was doing it, and not just standing around in a fancy idle animation, it was too late.
    I just ate the death that resulted from being unable to block his instadeath attack due to SoT being sealed and asked Nao for help.
    Greta
  • MizukiHayamaMizukiHayama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,730
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Something I never actually figured out, what were you SUPPOSED to do when the final boss was doing that move that seals the use of your Crusader skills.
    Every time he tried to do that, by the time I actually noticed he was doing it, and not just standing around in a fancy idle animation, it was too late.
    I just ate the death that resulted from being unable to block his instadeath attack due to SoT being sealed and asked Nao for help.

I think I read something about using Judgemental Blade and that would stop it, but I don't know, I'd usually just run away and if I wasn't fast enough I prayed to the gods he wouldn't go "I'm so sorry" while I was in demigod/Paladin
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    20 nao stones, jesus. Does no one use those balloons???
    Robotailsfox
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Congratulations on beating the final boss.

For the final boss, it really relies on the heavy use of chain blade. You can use "Anchor Rush" to avoid most of his attacks and judgement blade skill locks. The skill lock is hit or miss when using such, but I found most of the time it works to evade it.

You don't have to be incrediblly strong to kill it, but it helps. I was only doing 100-200 dmg per hit and probably 500ish per critical hit. I finished it with time to spare after like ...20+ tries lol.
  • violetkittvioletkitt
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,670
    Gaea wrote: »

But the ballons are soo prettyy *_*
    BlissfulkillTheNyanCatSheenaLialinpawcalypseSherriKaiwyth
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

Because they don't give blessing when revived. Also who wants to lose their precious balloon?
    TheNyanCatLialin
  • IyasenuIyasenu

Balloons are nice souvenirs and they can't really be reobtained easily.
    Plus there's situations like this:
    9755feb2cc.png

Boy oh boy, Nao'll be sick of me by the time I go through all these.
    lethalvirusMizukiHayamaBlissfulkillvioletkittnajee508TheNyanCatSheenaLialinpawcalypseSherri
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    I got a bunch of Naos too. Gotta love that treasure chest event. Only used about 5 on my G21 final boss fight. Fun times.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I pretty much became apathetic to doing well, knowing I got a ton of these when I die.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Soooooo, whos ready for G22? aka Dark souls II haha....
    SheenaSherri
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited July 22, 2018

9755feb2cc.png

What does happen if you use up all the revives on a balloon? Does it disappear? Does it make it so that you can't equip it? Because I've always used Nao Stones before now...
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

9755feb2cc.png

What does happen if you use up all the revives on a balloon? Does it disappear? Does it make it so that you can't equip it? Because I've always used Nao Stones before now...

It disappears obviously.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited July 22, 2018
    Greta wrote: »

Because they don't give blessing when revived. Also who wants to lose their precious balloon?

I have tons of duplicate balloons from events. Also since we don't have to worry about our stuff dropping you can bless after the battle. You won't lose that much durability, trust me.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730

Plus it's taking up a slot that could be used for an enchanted accessory.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    edited July 22, 2018

9755feb2cc.png

It disappears obviously.

I wish they stuck around with "Revival Unavailable" written in red in their item info, but still equippable.
    Just for the purpose of having a cute balloon floating around.
    WolfandWolfSheenaLialinSherri
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    I kicked the bucket every time he did that while my skills were sealed. I used lots of balloons and nao stones. But none of my Altam balloons. Cus I love him and will keep those forever.
    LialinSherri
  • RiddleTricksterRiddleTrickster
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,585
    There are some of us who share your pain. Congrats ! :)

Oh yeah, no choice but to eat it up as you see the swords of doom start crashing waiting for that red soundwave of imminent death.

I thought you get sealed when you stayed near him for too long. (Talvish no like touchy touchy heh heh;) ). After it happened to me a few times, and noticed it happening everytime I got close I would make sure to get distance right after my fighter attack. Didn't have a problem getting sealed from then on.