Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Katana reworked

Professor_QProfessor_Q
Mabinogi Rep: 1,580
in Feedback and Suggestions
Sorry this is going to be simple but here we go.
We have katana just to let anyone that new know this but I would also like to have these katana to obtain it own move set from the other sword if possible.
Katana like the Yoshimitsu or Tanto should have a stance like a ninja and witht he weapon steathed on it back instead of the side. They are small and it would make the most of sesne.
Tanto_Equipped.pngTanto_Sheathed.png

Katana like the Wakizashi or Muramasa should keep their same sheathed position but when you pull the sword out they should keep the sheath where it our and the blade in hand for combat. Having the blade sheath disappear like that is weird. They also like I said before should have their own custom stance and attacks. Since it should be use like a samurai more then other sword we have available to us.
Muramasa_Equipped.pngMuramasa_Sheathed.png
JazmynYangKoeteGremm

Comments

• GremmGremm
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
    +1 Support
    I agree, i think they could've done a lot more with the eastern weapons.
    YangKoeteJazmynFaybal
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Gremm wrote: »
    +1 Support

Well to be fair Mabi is set in a predominantly Western world so maybe the Millitian just hasn't learned to use the swords to their full potential. We may be just swinging them as if they were the western equivalent.
  • Professor_QProfessor_Q
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    +1 Support

Well to be fair Mabi is set in a predominantly Western world so maybe the Millitian just hasn't learned to use the swords to their full potential. We may be just swinging them as if they were the western equivalent.

Not a good excuse since we have ninjas in the game. Plus someone would have knowledge since they selling the weapon in the first place.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    +1 Support

Not a good excuse since we have ninjas in the game. Plus someone would have knowledge since they selling the weapon in the first place.

Selling it does not mean mastery or even knowledge on how the weapons works. A merchant could've brought the manuals and patterns and some sample blades. Plus the ninjas ARE NINJAS. For one, the majority of the population don't know about them, two, Ninjas are suppose to use stealth and unorthodox weapons to throw off and confuse their enemies, and three, they are probably not trained to use them like a Samurai would, because they are ninjas, not samurai.

Until a samurai character is introduced, the point of us not using them to their potential still stands. We got access to the weapons, not the techniques and training needed to use them.
  • Professor_QProfessor_Q
    +1 Support

Selling it does not mean mastery or even knowledge on how the weapons works. A merchant could've brought the manuals and patterns and some sample blades. Plus the ninjas ARE NINJAS. For one, the majority of the population don't know about them, two, Ninjas are suppose to use stealth and unorthodox weapons to throw off and confuse their enemies, and three, they are probably not trained to use them like a Samurai would, because they are ninjas, not samurai.

Until a samurai character is introduced, the point of us not using them to their potential still stands. We got access to the weapons, not the techniques and training needed to use them.
    A ninja can be everyone. a villager a farmer or a samurai. I guess a ex-samurai but still some ninja know the skills and potential of a katana from small to big. I alway did wonder who that ninja that was chasing Hagi and where he came from.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    +1 Support

A ninja can be everyone. a villager a farmer or a samurai. I guess a ex-samurai but still some ninja know the skills and potential of a katana from small to big. I alway did wonder who that ninja that was chasing Hagi and where he came from.

Because we learned ninja skills from Hagi and Anju, who are ninja trainees and are explicitly shown to not be ex-anything. Besides the one ninja they stole the techniques from there's no other evidence to say anyone else from their land came. So no, there's no one with the required knowledge to teach proper fighting techniques with the weapons. Plus we only learned ninja techniques because Hagi was still learning them, you'd think a actual ninja would teach foreign people their martial arts and lose an edge over said people?

• THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    you'd think a actual ninja would teach foreign people their martial arts and lose an edge over said people?

NPCs would do anything for the Milletian.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    you'd think a actual ninja would teach foreign people their martial arts and lose an edge over said people?

NPCs would do anything for the Milletian.

Except not really, we still have to get them to like us before they sell their super secret goods to us.
  • ChojinzokuChojinzoku
    Mabinogi Rep: 775
    You have to remember, these weapons are really really old. From around 2009 or 2010. They'd probably have gotten something more special, like a pose if they came out now, but they've been around since Mabi's early days. They could rework it, sure, but it's such a small thing in the ocean of things that they're working on or should work on, for Mabi. So this probably wouldn't happen anytime soon.
    Also, I'm pretty sure you can't buy them from anyone. They're either gacha or blacksmithed.
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Chojinzoku wrote: »
    You have to remember, these weapons are really really old. From around 2009 or 2010. They'd probably have gotten something more special, like a pose if they came out now, but they've been around since Mabi's early days. They could rework it, sure, but it's such a small thing in the ocean of things that they're working on or should work on, for Mabi. So this probably wouldn't happen anytime soon.
    Also, I'm pretty sure you can't buy them from anyone. They're either gacha or blacksmithed.

There was a lot of manuals of these swords back from Whack-A-Watermelon Event. So they are not from just gacha anymore.

• GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Greta wrote: »
    Chojinzoku wrote: »

There was a lot of manuals of these swords back from Whack-A-Watermelon Event. So they are not from just gacha anymore.

There's also a few events just last year that dumped a few of them.
  • ChojinzokuChojinzoku
    Mabinogi Rep: 775
    Oh, that's true. Although, I kinda covered manuals with blacksmithing, but yeah. I also remember when they were just called "Japanese Sword" and "Japanese Dagger", and they were ultra sought after. I think the first ever "good" thing gacha ever gave me was the Japanese Dagger. Good times... good times.