Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Should Fighter skill be buffed?

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Zeo wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Major rework? Nah but like some other members have been saying here, it need some tweaking to make it actually be more useable. I barely see anyone using Fighter for a long time now, lol.

I only ranked it for the stats. lol.

Same though.. I never touched it after getting everything in Fighter done, lol.

See? Everyone I've come across when it comes to this talent ends up doing the same thing. That alone says it needs buffed. Imo it's also not that interesting of a talent.

I am guilty of training fighter entirely out of training potions. That's how I disliked the talent. XD
    KensamaofmariZeoLialin
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Respite should be renamed Meditation. Our current meditation should be renamed to Mana Chant.

New meditation will at first calm us down (speed up stun removal) and help remove status effects (speed up debuff timers). By meditating longer or by using the skill again, we can enter a deeper rejuvinative trance that increases our HP/SP regen rates but also blacks out our surroundings leaving only our meditating character centered on the screen.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I swear to god, training skills like Respite and Tumble is so annoying...
    KensamaofmariRadiant DawnLialinDragoolfire
  • OnePunchLimeOnePunchLime
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    I'd like to see fighter skill work the same way as in the Dan tests.
    Basically, the cool down of all fighter skills reset after killing a monster. In there, fighter is really fun to use, although the monster are pretty weak, but it would be nice to have the cool down reset after finish off a monster with drop kick or spinning uppercut/summersault kick.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    MEy3teC.png
    KensamaofmariImaizumiRadiant DawnLialinvioletkittTwelieZeo
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    MEy3teC.png

I'll be expecting a lot more memes from you now lol
  • OrkaneOrkane
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,365
    The cooldown need to be offset by a third set of a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd chain move at this point, or be shortened in endgame overall. I'd argue alchemy could use perhaps a DPS boost, given how slow Flameburst is, and Watercannon being rather impotent.

Though it's unreasonable for most people to achieve, watercannon has the potential for having DPs far higher than anything else in the game. Per hit, it's miles ahead of firebolt, but falls behind due to chain cylinder's 10 second cooldown making it hard to spam in the same way. With a level 50 Erg weapon (assuming this is accurate) and the chain cylinder master title, you have a zero second cooldown for a skill that's like firebolt but could hit for 200k in a single shot.

On the topic of fighter, it's a nice way to get will for ninja, but that's about it.
    BlissfulkillLialin
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    I think fighter should have a passive skill "Bulk Muscle" What this passive should do is give ya hyper armor as you use your combo skills having everything deal -60% less damage to you while in a adv stander state WHEN you use your 3rd combo. This should be in rank one.

AND there should be a new set of combos with the 3rd new combo being a grab and doing a swirling AOE using the body of your foe to deal damage to those surrounding you while slamming the foe to the ground as final damage. Id call this skill 'Swirling Body Slam" with a dazing effect.

Also i think a new 2nd combo should be a flurry of jabs while the enemy still stands with the final blow dealing a piercing attack. Id call this skill "Fury" Dealing 4 jabs while the final hit deals piercing lvl 3 punch.

I don't know what kind of new 1st combo should be, we already have a rush and charged punch...

There should also be a new skill called "Focus" The next attack will deal double damage. Cooldown decrease as it reaches rank one.

Now they need to rework Tumble to be more useful other than just existing.

Hope my idea is good o 3o
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Loading a 1st combo skill during the brief moment while Counterattack is loading should result in the exact same effect as using the Counter Punch skill. Think of it like Fusion Bolt, but you are instead fusing Counterattack and a 1st combo skill.

Speaking of Fusion Bolt, maybe one day fighters could infuse an elemental bolt into their punch or kick. Think of the possibilities: fire punch, electric kick, wet slap.

Tumble and Evade seem to be good candidates for a merger, but how and to what end? :/ hrmm
  • ZephyrmaruZephyrmaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,430
    edited July 24, 2018
    Major rework? Nah but like some other members have been saying here, it need some tweaking to make it actually be more useable. I barely see anyone using Fighter for a long time now, lol.

See? Everyone I've come across when it comes to this talent ends up doing the same thing. That alone says it needs buffed. Imo it's also not that interesting of a talent.

I am guilty of training fighter entirely out of training potions. That's how I disliked the talent. XD

Everyone I talk to does this =/= this is a fact. I don't like fighter =/= fighter is not fun. Good god.

The worst thing is you can make a legitimate claim about why Fighter tends to fall behind, like bliss did. The big thing is that chains power creeped hard by giving people a huge toolkit without sacrificing dps for it. Some of the best things fighters excel in, a chain can also do now. Fighters still have some promising things with erg, but like someone else said, it will require massive dedication(whereas chains are about to solo content in under 1000 ttlv).

This topic is fine, but it's filled with people with horrible logic. Back up a claim with some logic, don't just assume because you don't like something, the whole community thinks the talent isn't interesting. That's just being a narcissist.
    Imaizumi
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I think talent is fun, just kind of useless against monsters.
    Zeo
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    Greta wrote: »

on the bright side knuckles are super cheap. I buy 1k ducats fomor bear knuckles. whenever I open shop usually go to Tir Na Nog and farm zombies for gold without having to waste expensive weapons durability. can easily farm enough to make up for that expensive 25k gold Belvast contract plus quite a bit extra.
  • ZephyrmaruZephyrmaru
    Negumiko wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »

on the bright side knuckles are super cheap. I buy 1k ducats fomor bear knuckles. whenever I open shop usually go to Tir Na Nog and farm zombies for gold without having to waste expensive weapons durability. can easily farm enough to make up for that expensive 25k gold Belvast contract plus quite a bit extra.

Yeah, I saw a decently graded Stigmata knuckle with lava es on it in a kiosk for like 100k earlier. I had to double take cause I assumed it'd be a bit pricier.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    edited July 25, 2018
    Orkane wrote: »
    The cooldown need to be offset by a third set of a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd chain move at this point, or be shortened in endgame overall. I'd argue alchemy could use perhaps a DPS boost, given how slow Flameburst is, and Watercannon being rather impotent.

Though it's unreasonable for most people to achieve, watercannon has the potential for having DPs far higher than anything else in the game. Per hit, it's miles ahead of firebolt, but falls behind due to chain cylinder's 10 second cooldown making it hard to spam in the same way. With a level 50 Erg weapon (assuming this is accurate) and the chain cylinder master title, you have a zero second cooldown for a skill that's like firebolt but could hit for 200k in a single shot.

On the topic of fighter, it's a nice way to get will for ninja, but that's about it.

erg 50 cylinder is crazy

Only downside is the crystals are going for like 10m, and ruptured metals are like 4m a pop lets say you get lucky and only need 7 attempts to make it that's 21 metals, 7 crystals for a total of 98m. This isn't counting the other materials, and it's also assuming you could actually get that many materials as they're almost always sold out on the AH (Or a ridiculous price) You'll need 2 of these cylinders as well, because erging anything else is a huge waste.
    Twelie
  • TatsugiTatsugi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,760
    edited July 25, 2018
    Zephyrmaru wrote: »

Everyone I talk to does this =/= this is a fact. I don't like fighter =/= fighter is not fun. Good god.

The worst thing is you can make a legitimate claim about why Fighter tends to fall behind, like bliss did. The big thing is that chains power creeped hard by giving people a huge toolkit without sacrificing dps for it. Some of the best things fighters excel in, a chain can also do now. Fighters still have some promising things with erg, but like someone else said, it will require massive dedication(whereas chains are about to solo content in under 1000 ttlv).

This topic is fine, but it's filled with people with horrible logic. Back up a claim with some logic, don't just assume because you don't like something, the whole community thinks the talent isn't interesting. That's just being a narcissist.

I like you.
    You speak the truth lol.. I think Im one of the very few fighters in Mari left.. I have yet to see anyone even craft the Celtic Edge like I did..
    Ive been approached to sell them, but nah.. I love them.
    01d7c5d776.jpg Heres an old one, since Im on phone atm and cant access my comp, but sadly Im stuck here.
    7571b517f2.jpg Because of the pattern..

The damage is there, but its very limited, and the class keeps getting forgotten. I mean, the breakthrough patterns for a few weapons are in a shadow missions whose passes are almost non-existent, all the while most erg break patterns are dropped EVERY raid of Tagar and Turtle.

All this coming after being broken for years, and broken once before that for about a year, with a brief period of good play between.
    Zephyrmaru
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Tatsugi wrote: »

Why elemental? Pretty much everywhere you'd use those doesn't take damage from ele.
  • ZephyrmaruZephyrmaru
    Sweet breath of Nao, look at those knuckle stats lol.

If you can get to 50 with that for the chain damage and cd, that would be insane. Nexon desperately needs to help some of us with breaking 30 though. Some of the more in meta things arent getting a lot from erg that I can see, but for things like alch, fighter, puppetry, and guns I feel like its literally a lifeboat.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Zephyrmaru wrote: »
    Sweet breath of Nao, look at those knuckle stats lol.

If you can get to 50 with that for the chain damage and cd, that would be insane. Nexon desperately needs to help some of us with breaking 30 though. Some of the more in meta things arent getting a lot from erg that I can see, but for things like alch, fighter, puppetry, and guns I feel like its literally a lifeboat.

I feel like the erg sacrifice items should be made more... Diverse. Pretty much all the lvl45 items are either a Tetra cylinder or the knuckles. Oh, and a siggy dragon armor (langu or Bhafel).
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    1- Needs more skills
    2- More AOE
    3- And less bugs
  • TropaTropa
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    I always felt like Fighter needs an update, could really use a third combo chain that's AoE focused. A general cooldown reduction for the combo skills would be very welcome as well, because as it stands the talent just feels clunky and slow.

Tumble deserves I-frames if I'm being honest as well.