Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

PILLOW FIGHT IS BACK (see upcoming maintenance)!

Clovis15Clovis15
Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
edited August 1, 2018 in General Chat
Finally, I can get the Mirror Witch transformation! Despite being at r1 Transformation, despite using tons of Snow Crystals, despite having both the Demonic Dream Catcher and the Shamala outfit, my training count still stands at just 1/3! Finally, I can finish it!

(Technically it's still possible the RNG will continue to thwart me at every turn, but having a ton more chance is generally the best way to force it.)

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    mirror witch has a pretty high success rate. mostly just finding a giant is friend to go with you can be tough. make sure you are in Adventurer Talent as well. but yeah monsters from this event count for points. good luck hunting everyone :)
    Clovis15
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    I had enough sleep from other afk events don't tempt me with a pillow...
    Sphyra21BlissfulkillRadiant DawnVimiClovis15GakkuriaquaXiokunSherri
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    FieldSpawn finalhit event. Yuck.

Good thing I don't actually play anymore xD
    Sherri
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I just hope these guys can be tamed.... then I might finally get the succubus for my taming journal
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    edited August 1, 2018
    Negumiko wrote: »
    mirror witch has a pretty high success rate.

Indeed, it is decently high. Yet somehow - each and every time I finally secure both the Snow Crystal, and the Giant - Murphy steps in and says 'NO'. My luck with the Mirror Witch is bordering on near impossibility at this point (considering just how many times I've failed). I've also had tons of runs where the stupid Ice Bison never show at all either, despite hitting every last orb (and I'm even using Yui to ensure I hit all the wrong ones), because Murphy has to give me the worst RNG. Seriously, Par Ruins has been the utter bane of my life.
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    FieldSpawn finalhit event. Yuck.

Good thing I don't actually play anymore xD

Then why are you here posting? You're not helping.
    Arjune wrote: »
    I just hope these guys can be tamed.... then I might finally get the succubus for my taming journal

I'm pretty sure you can, but be sure to pick a spot on an inactive channel for the best results.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited August 1, 2018
    Because you posted this in general section, and the event isn't up yet so there's not a thing you can do about it. Its one existence is to be there for the people to spam finalhit with 9 pickup-dolls to make it pointless to participate in on every channel

(That: and you didn't format this as a help piece: which puts a huge nail in your instigation. I have free reign here to call it a boring event! :P)
    below: And quit whining, guh-ehh-uh. I'm enjoying my posts, you're the only one in this topic <so far> that's complaining TO complain. Going out and trying to provoke things makes you look grouchy. "Heey everyone! Look at me! I'm so obsess't` with not thinking things through that I think anyone who disagrees with any single topic-piece must HATE THE GAME(big whoop. I don't. Another nail in someone else's defense. I'm guessing you just want to talk crap to get likes, like usual). Uhhhghhh uueeuughh!! " xD
    THICCthighssavelives
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited August 1, 2018
    No you don't if you don't play anymore. I also find it annoying when someone who doesn't play anymore complains about this game. They lurk and randomly pop up just to complain. Go move on to other games and complain in their forums about their games. Thanks.
  • ShadoeLumiereShadoeLumiere
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,005
    Gaea wrote: »
    No you don't if you don't play anymore. I also find it annoying when someone who doesn't play anymore complains about this game. They lurk and randomly pop up just to complain. Go move on to other games and complain in their forums about their games. Thanks.

I would just ignore. I think she is just trolling trying exert some frustration or something wanting to get people riled up. She posted a pic of her doing g21 somewhere in one of the threads soooo. yep.
    VeylaineSherri
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Clovis15 wrote: »
    Arjune wrote: »

I'm pretty sure you can, but be sure to pick a spot on an inactive channel for the best results.

Yaayyyy ^^ ..... inb4 they replace all the fomors with caravan joes

MizukiHayamaClovis15
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited August 2, 2018
    Gaea wrote: »

I would just ignore. I think she is just trolling trying exert some frustration or something wanting to get people riled up. She posted a pic of her doing g21 somewhere in one of the threads soooo. yep.

[Deleted User][Deleted User]Clovis15AlshianSherri
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Excellent, the chance to... eliminate some of my enemies. *Slowly smothers succubus with a pillow*. Shhh shhh, its almost over, its almost over. Yes, just let go.
    MizukiHayamaNeroyClovis15Raincloud95
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    It's Final Hit time.
    MizukiHayama
  • CallantheCallanthe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,110
    Oooo, fun!
    It's one of those events I completely forgot ever existed, but now I'm glad it's coming back.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Greta wrote: »
    It's Final Hit time.

Piss off all the other players!
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 2, 2018
    Ah yes, the event is trashy as i remember. After 3 days or so most players will drop it. Like 85% of rewards are food items.

EDIT: Never mind, the event is even worse than i thought. You actually get crappy enchants. Broken event lmao.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited August 2, 2018
    So the only reason people wanted this event to return was for transformation mastery?
    No other reason, right?
    Cause I honestly see no other reason.

I did forget transformations count. I think I still need to collect mirror witch myself.
  • GretaGreta
    Harukari wrote: »
    So the only reason people wanted this event to return was for transformation mastery?
    No other reason, right?
    Cause I honestly see no other reason.

There was actually a suggestion to bring it back: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/17342/summer-pillow-fight-d#Comment_98952

Don't know if it's just coincidence or they actually listened to that suggestion...
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I must protest that the reward items being food will drastically hit my income. Being a chef, making and selling food is a good portion of my income. This is worse than having tariffs.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Greta wrote: »
    There was actually a suggestion to bring it back: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/17342/summer-pillow-fight-d#Comment_98952

Don't know if it's just coincidence or they actually listened to that suggestion...

No way they actually listened, has to be a coincidence.
    They would of brought back many other events we've been asking for, for months.
    This one suggestion seems very unpopular imo.
    Zephyrmaru
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    edited August 2, 2018
    Yes, I finally got the Mirror Witch transformation!

I suspect one of the reasons many older events never return is because they'd likely break due to the various changes in the game since then*, as well as the fact that many of them - if not immediately broken - would otherwise be ruined by Power Creep. I suspect that no matter how many people ask for something, they're far less inclined to bring back any event that would either need to be fixed code-wise - rebalanced somehow to account for Power Creep - or otherwise need effort in some regard. As far as I can tell, they use these recycled events mainly as filler to buy time while the next actual new thing - event, or otherwise - is being prepared.

As such - despite popular belief - I suspect they actually do listen, and the timing of this event wasn't just mere coincidence. The problem is that many of the most popular demands involve things such as "Shoot the Sun", and/or "Hillwen Nightmare", and - for one reason or another - they've currently no intentions of ever bringing those back. It's not that they aren't exactly listening, per se, it's that they're on a list of events that are likely more effort than they worth (at least for the purposes of cheap filler).

* (Having changes to a game's code create nightmares when older events are reintroduced is a real thing, and has occurred in various games - even newer ones - as well as Mabinogi on multiple occasions.)