Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Do ya think Nascent Divinity is weak?

AlshianAlshian
Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
in Feedback and Suggestions
Sure Nova obliteration is a Nuke but what then? Everything else about it is pointless that we can do better without it and only for 5 minute to boot. So I've heard that this new power uses Fist damage meaning our base damage without wielding anything...why? At least it uses special effects of red special upgraded weapons to its crit damage.

I think it needs more like maybe HP, MP, and Stamina regen increase during the form while being able to wield the Brionac for melee as well as letting us use our shadow spirit that could of been upgraded during Nascent divinity. That is what this form is right? A mix of all the powers we had within our characters that we had harmonized with so surely we could use those along with this new profound power...so why not?

I feel that this new skill Nascent Divinity is a lackluster, cool but a LACKLUSTER. Although what annoy me the most is the camera angle during the state of Nascent Divinity when you zoom out the farthest we are allowed to.

What do you guys think?
  1. Is this new transformation weak?40 votes
    1. Yes. It lacks what it deserves!
       45% (18 votes)
    2. No. Its strong enough.
       23% (9 votes)
    3. I don't care. This new power is a waste of my time.
       33% (13 votes)

Comments

• IAAWIAAW
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,285
    edited August 1, 2018
    Nascent Divinity IMO is a solid transformation but sort of falls on the side of Awesome, But Impractical; it's powerful and can be really useful in certain situations if you know how to utilize it, but outside of those situations it can feel lackluster. Not to mention that the more powerful you are outside of any transformation, the less reason you have to use it. It's pretty much the reason why the G2 Transformation can wind up going underutilized, and that offers more in the way of stat bonuses and resistances to damage that Nascent Divinity does, all while not restricting your skills. Granted, Nascent Divinity does offer a short burst of invulnerability through Shield of Trust (though only for a short period of time and to a damage cap dependent on your maximum HP), but beyond that your survivability in Nascent Divinity is dependent on how strong the monster you''re fighting is and Blink while restricted to a single attack which, while upgraded offers a sizeable AoE along with guaranteed crits if you can time your blasts consistently, is your only source of damage compared to the slew of other things you could be doing at any given moment, not to mention that Divine Blast is treated as a melee attack, meaning that anything with Level 2 Heavy Stander heavily resists the damage, while anything with Level 3 Heavy Stander will resist it entirely, along with the damage being resisted by any enemy generally coded to naturally resist melee damage. Sure, there's Nova Obliteration, but that damage is dependent on stacks (which takes time to build) and is tied to a 10 minute cooldown while the transformation itself is tied to a maximum five minute duration when at Rank 1 (barring the 30 second bonus from the New Divinity and presumably any Eidos bonuses) and is attached to a 36 minute cooldown, which essentially leaves Nova Obliteration as a single use skill that ideally should only be used either before Nascent Divinity ends or at max stacks.

The sad part is that I enjoy Nascent Divinity a lot, and wish I could use it more often. Realistically though, I'm not necessarily end-game (more mid-game), so the damage boost is appreciated. I imagine any end-game players have even less reasons for using Nascent Divinity, let alone ranking it.
    AlshianPolicromaGoldtiger01XafnirTwelie
  • AlshianAlshian
    IAAW wrote: »
    Nascent Divinity IMO is a solid transformation but sort of falls on the side of Awesome, But Impractical; it's powerful and can be really useful in certain situations if you know how to utilize it, but outside of those situations it can feel lackluster. Not to mention that the more powerful you are outside of any transformation, the less reason you have to use it. It's pretty much the reason why the G2 Transformation can wind up going underutilized, and that offers more in the way of stat bonuses and resistances to damage that Nascent Divinity does, all while not restricting your skills. Granted, Nascent Divinity does offer a short burst of invulnerability through Shield of Trust (though only for a short period of time and to a damage cap dependent on your maximum HP), but beyond that your survivability in Nascent Divinity is dependent on how strong the monster you''re fighting is and Blink while restricted to a single attack which, while upgraded offers a sizeable AoE along with guaranteed crits if you can time your blasts consistently, is your only source of damage compared to the slew of other things you could be doing at any given moment, not to mention that Divine Blast is treated as a melee attack, meaning that anything with Level 2 Heavy Stander heavily resists the damage, while anything with Level 3 Heavy Stander will resist it entirely, along with the damage being resisted by any enemy generally coded to naturally resist melee damage. Sure, there's Nova Obliteration, but that damage is dependent on stacks (which takes time to build) and is tied to a 10 minute cooldown while the transformation itself is tied to a maximum five minute duration when at Rank 1 (barring the 30 second bonus from the New Divinity and presumably any Eidos bonuses) and is attached to a 36 minute cooldown, which essentially leaves Nova Obliteration as a single use skill that ideally should only be used either before Nascent Divinity ends or at max stacks.

The sad part is that I enjoy Nascent Divinity a lot, and wish I could use it more often. Realistically though, I'm not necessarily end-game (more mid-game), so the damage boost is appreciated. I imagine any end-game players have even less reasons for using Nascent Divinity, let alone ranking it.

Exactly this I only want this new transformation and some others to be "Oh I might need this." from "Oh I forgot this exist".

I just want it to feel like it could be used more for its time before it runs out instead of just early cancel once I had already build up the nuke then use it. Since it mainly last for 5 mins in rank1 with 31 min cooldown id thought at least they could buff Nascent Divinity to be worth that cooldown you know? Paladin/darkknight, Falcon/beast as well as Demi god felt like they earn the right to be worth that cooldown solely because they are flexible as bonus stats to us. Nascent could of just been what I had talked in the OP if it had just that it would of felt less lackluster because its not restricting me from doing what SHOULD of been there.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    after a certain point G2 transformations do become kind of useless. sooner or later though you get so strong that the transformations just make you weaker. Dark Knight does still have value though as bleed effect can be very helpful for training healing skills and potion lure. I think demigod did it better then any of the transformations cause it just makes you stronger and doesn't change titles so you don't get weaker. while I am interested in getting the new transformation it is not a priority right now and the limited skills makes it even less motivating. G19 and G21 are pretty good but I mostly put off G20 for so long was cause it was really boring.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    On the topic, what about Eidos?

First, they're annoying to get and activate.
    They only drop from raids, which I guess is mostly alright.
    But to use them they require Otherworldly Essence and various items to sacrifice to activate them.

Otherworldly Essence is needed in quantities of 10 for activation, 1 for every time you want to equip it, and 3 for every Durability if you want to recharge them.
    The drop rate of Essence just isn't high enough to keep up with Eidos' demands, especially at the unbelievable rate at which they can lose Durability if you actually use Nascent Divinity during combat.
    But hey, on the upside you'll keep the appearance even if the Eidos you're wearing are at 0 Durability.

As for the other sacrifice items, they can be pretty demanding for what you're likely to get, given the Eidos bonus is randomly rolled.
    Like, Wing-type Eidos require a Subtle Mark to activate.
    So now you're not only having to constantly run Raids to get your Essences, you'll have to run Dungeons and in some cases Theatre Missions to get the items you need during Eidos activation.

Finally, the durability usage of Eidos is really steep.
    Especially if you plan on using multiple Eidos at once, since the durability decreases every time you attack during Divinity.
    If you spam Divine Blast then you're going to run your Eidos down to 0 in a hurry, and with it you'll negate any bonus those Eidos would give you, unless you feel like spending 3 Essence per durability to restore them.

With the Essence drop rate being what it is, and with the fact that you can't bless Eidos, you'd have to be constantly running raids to keep on top of the durability usage of even a single Eidos, let alone multiple.

So it seems that they're likely to end up as almost nothing more than fashion items, since repairing them is such a lost cause.
    Twelie
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited August 2, 2018
    From what I've seen, the default divine attack looks like it ignores all defense. 3000 damage on a brown fox = 3000 damage to a Peaca Ghost

So while it has low//weak looking multipliers it seems like it does absolute damage. I can still see how that's useful
    Policroma
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    They need to revamp divinity. XD
  • MeridisMeridis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    I could've sworn that it uses weapon damage and gets the bonus from the weapon upgrade. I think it was just that the base multiplier for divine blast is low/doesn't really do anything. I like it though and can get a lot of damage done rapidly if I make sure to amplify quickly. It doesn't really help as much if it's a large number of enemies spread out but if their close together or if it's just one really strong one, I feel it's more effective. I generally get more use out of it then the other transformations and I typically don't see using demi as worthwhile or necessary for anything. There's rarely a hole that I could fall in that demi can get me out of.

Still, I kinda wish they gave it all the effects of the previous transformations. Since it's suppose to be all our powers murging into one, it should have G2 trans' skills along with demi's regen, movement speed, and radar. Make it so getting divinity gives you access to demigod's abilities without draining it's exp.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    it looks like the eidos makes it a lot better, but I don't really want to invest into that yet. I have an aura that makes the form last a minute longer though so that's neat.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    The thing is that you're suppose to use crusader skills with the form as well since it boosts them quite a bit and provides them with additional effects. Shield for example nullifies 2x the damage you take. So say you have 1k HP, shield will nullify 2k damage before it starts hurting you, this on top of all the sub skill bonuses you powered it with. Spike gets a massive damage boost, and each tick counts towards 1 stack of the meter. If you're facing something durable, you can spike it for some extra stack bonuses. Blade's attack width gets massively increased to what I think is pretty much a fireball radius on front of you. Each kill from blade counts as a stack to the meter so if you have a bunch of weaker mobs, you can use blade to rack up stacks as well. My only gripe is that divinity should at the very least separate the cool down for the crusader skills while in the form, or reduce their CD by half. We're locked out of every other skill AND it disables Mana shield when you transform so we'd need access to those skills.
    Spkrdeepdrake
  • AlshianAlshian
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    The thing is that you're suppose to use crusader skills with the form as well since it boosts them quite a bit and provides them with additional effects. Shield for example nullifies 2x the damage you take. So say you have 1k HP, shield will nullify 2k damage before it starts hurting you, this on top of all the sub skill bonuses you powered it with. Spike gets a massive damage boost, and each tick counts towards 1 stack of the meter. If you're facing something durable, you can spike it for some extra stack bonuses. Blade's attack width gets massively increased to what I think is pretty much a fireball radius on front of you. Each kill from blade counts as a stack to the meter so if you have a bunch of weaker mobs, you can use blade to rack up stacks as well. My only gripe is that divinity should at the very least separate the cool down for the crusader skills while in the form, or reduce their CD by half. We're locked out of every other skill AND it disables Mana shield when you transform so we'd need access to those skills.

Yea they should separate the crusader skill's cooldowns during this form to make it so that changing to this form does matter instead for a single nuke skill that seem to be all that is going for it.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    The “nascent” part of its name kind of explains everything, as it’s just a start for now. I think better usage of it(and maybe more damage output?) will pop up as it goes along, but in the meantime, it’s satisfying to get those charges up, just for fun— and I don’t find it weak for what it is.
    MeridisArbiter
  • TairikuTairiku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
    It just seems like an unnecessary transformation that got shoe-horned in to make us seem even more unnecessarily special than the character already is. However, that might just be my desire for them to revision more talking... and to stop shoving new soon-to-be-irrelevant-junk down my throat.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Aquasol wrote: »
    The “nascent” part of its name kind of explains everything, as it’s just a start for now. I think better usage of it(and maybe more damage output?) will pop up as it goes along, but in the meantime, it’s satisfying to get those charges up, just for fun— and I don’t find it weak for what it is.

So the new transformation has nothing to do with nasal passages? :o
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    8v5yVmG.png
    MeridisArbiter
  • AlshianAlshian
    edited August 2, 2018
    Lets also not forget that this new transformation does not reward us of extra stats of HP,MP,STAM,STR,INT,DEX,WILL,and LUCK making it even more less worth to rank once we know it does not offer as much as we assumed it would be.

Also of note that the Divine Knights Arc has ended meaning this could be just another left behind content.
    Imaizumi
  • IAAWIAAW
    Alshian wrote: »
    Lets also not forget that this new transformation does not reward us of extra stats of HP,MP,STAM,STR,INT,DEX,WILL,and LUCK making it even more less worth to rank once we know it does not offer as much as we assumed it would be.

Also of note that the Divine Knights Arc has ended meaning this could be just another left behind content.

Left behind just like Transformation Mastery.
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    Alshian wrote: »

something of note. the new C7 Apocalypse Arc has just begun in Korea. and will no doubt be atleast 3 Gens long. and it most likely requires all previous Generations to be completed INCLUDING G19-21. so its not out of the question that C7 will Add on to it. since it may even play a large role in the generation if it does require all precious chapters and generations to be completed.
  • IAAWIAAW
    edited August 2, 2018
    something of note. the new C7 Apocalypse Arc has just begun in Korea. and will no doubt be atleast 3 Gens long. and it most likely requires all previous Generations to be completed INCLUDING G19-21. so its not out of the question that C7 will Add on to it. since it may even play a large role in the generation if it does require all precious chapters and generations to be completed.

Last I checked C7 just requires 5k total level, so I'm not aware of any other requirements.

EDIT: On the topic of C7 though, traits will probably help in regards to Nascent Divinity's survivability, same as how R-type upgraded weapons help with Divine Blast's critical damage. Part of me is wanting Nexon NA to name the traits after arcana however; mostly as an excuse to name Time Distortion as The World.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Aquasol wrote: »

So the new transformation has nothing to do with nasal passages? :o

Well, in all fairness...you can breathe more easily when in it, I suppose.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Nascent Divinity is the mix of Divine Light and Unholy Light.