Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Weekly Loc Discussion: Favorite Squire?!

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
Greetings, Milletians of Erinn! It's always nice to be pleasantly surprised by something you might not have been expecting, isn't it? We had our own surprise when, in the late stages of the G21 story, we found ourselves fighting alongside our squad of Squires, with another chance to interact with them.

It's fun, of course, because everyone is going to have his or her favorites - the TOP UNIT they roll with. With the many colorful personalities to choose from, which Squire made the biggest, best, or most lasting impression on you?

- The Mabinogi Localization Team
  1. Who is your favorite Squire?27 votes
    1. Logan
       26% (7 votes)
    2. Dai
       26% (7 votes)
    3. Kaour
       4% (1 vote)
    4. Kanna
       33% (9 votes)
    5. Eirlys
       4% (1 vote)
    6. Elsie
       7% (2 votes)

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Kanna cause she is fairly easy and not as annoying as the others.
    ShauniDomz
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Dai.

He's fun and energetic and he cares about his friends.
    He even worries about you when you come to him while you're hurt.
    9586603916.png

But also he's really sassy if you get him upset or work him too hard.
    Like trying to Counsel him after you dismiss him from your squad.
    d0ba13f9ff.png
    e6b0f6b805.png

I especially like his response when you try to have more than one conversation per game day.
    d5c2e0887c.png
    1060a7c979.png
    8f8b803873.png

I still really like all the Squires, though.
    I especially like the various connections between them all, like how Elsie can comment on if you talked or went out with another squire, or how Kaour and Dai mention if you went out with the other that week.

Special mention, of course, to Shuan.
    He might not be a Squire but I still like that goofball.
    KatherzBlissfulkillKingEphyJazmynShauniDomz
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 2, 2018
    I'm impressed i still don't see Elsie fandom. When Squire system was released, there was a whole thread dedicated just for Elsie, some masochists were really excited for finally encountering a yandere character in this game... :D

P.S: My favorite is Kaour, i have a weakness for intelligent and sexy eyes. Lol.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »
    I'm impressed i still don't see Elsie fandom. When Squire system was released, there was a whole thread dedicated just for Elsie, some masochists were really excited for finally encountering a yandere character in this game... :D

P.S: My favorite is Kaour, i have a weakness for intelligent and sexy eyes. Lol.

I'm not even close to starting G21 or even the one's before it, although I can...
    But I was opening some 10th anniversary boxes last night from my stockpile and I got an Elsie Balloon.
    Don't know what to do with it... Maybe put it in balloon collection?
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    edited August 2, 2018
    No one likes my surprises. /pouts

My favorite squire is Kanna though. :D
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Greta wrote: »

Reminds me, someone posted this in that Elsie thread.
    *kind of a long picture*
    4b3215673f.png

It's extra fitting now, since there's the Summer's Beach event going on right now.

Elsie loves her Captain.

In one of the old threads, someone even posted how she keeps track of how long she's been a part of your unit.
    JoeyDee9 wrote: »
    yMs4X.png

She cray.
    Down to the second, even. o_o;

And to mirror that, she also keeps track of how many times you've expelled her, too.
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    So, I was giving Elsie some outfits I'd found in the Baltane Mission reward boxes, and one of them I'd had duplicates of.
    The squires each have a "are you sure?" sort of thing when attempting to give them a duplicate outfit.

And they get kinda bummed out if you say No.

Here's Elsie's reaction:

ba073b02d3.png
    de37fa13c1.png
    38c8b9a91c.png

S-sorry Elsie...
    It's the darn 3 squire limit I'm stuck with, I swear!

I bet each squire has a reaction to duplicates, so I wonder what the others' are.

I really like how much work went into the squire's dialogue and such.
    KensamaofmariKingEphyShauniDomz
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    edited August 3, 2018
    I am under contractual (and threats to my life) to say that Elsie is the best girl. She is much better than that loser Kanna(she's broken both my legs), and that glory hound Eirlys (please help me). Furthermore, I will never reject Elsie because she is again, the best girl. (It's okay older brother, I love you regardless).
    IyasenuErika
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    I am under contractual (and threats to my life) to say that Elsie is the best girl. She is much better than that loser Kanna(she's broken both my legs), and that glory hound Eirlys (please help me). Furthermore, I will never reject Elsie because she is again, the best girl. (It's okay older brother, I love you regardless).

You get a gold star.