Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

PILLOW FIGHT IS BACK (see upcoming maintenance)!

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 3, 2018
    So far opened like 10 boxes and already got two Striped Pillows, Bear Pillow and Small Totem Bag Coupon. Did not expect such decent drops...
    Would be everything even more cool if there wasn't one particular scummy male Giant who comes out of nowhere every time the spawn happens and steals all the dropped feathers. Told them to not do that, but instead i got: "that's what you get for using FH and letting feathers to time out". So much salt lmao. I never steal from others and if i see that person is doing FH or just mass killing in general then i just leave and find another spawn. I don't like interfering with other people monster kills and their dropped items. So friggin rude. But now i just WM/DoD and collect everything asap, maybe he only stole 1-3 feathers, but not like 10 or more when first time i saw them. I guess i will consider dropping this event for few days until it calms down.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Harukari wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    There was actually a suggestion to bring it back: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/17342/summer-pillow-fight-d#Comment_98952

Don't know if it's just coincidence or they actually listened to that suggestion...

No way they actually listened, has to be a coincidence.
    They would of brought back many other events we've been asking for, for months.
    This one suggestion seems very unpopular imo.

I think Nexon NA can easily activate existing events.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Harukari wrote: »
    There was actually a suggestion to bring it back: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/17342/summer-pillow-fight-d#Comment_98952

Don't know if it's just coincidence or they actually listened to that suggestion...

No way they actually listened, has to be a coincidence.
    They would of brought back many other events we've been asking for, for months.
    This one suggestion seems very unpopular imo.

I think Nexon NA can easily activate existing events.

Like treasure hunt.
  • LinisterLinister
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    some guy w a g20-21 skill just took out the entire spawn... in less than a second, yay...
  • GretaGreta
    Linister wrote: »
    some guy w a g20-21 skill just took out the entire spawn... in less than a second, yay...

You mean with Crusader skills? Nani!? I thought monsters don't take enough damage unless you attack them with a pillow.
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    Maybe it's like how Arc Lich is technically only supposed to take damage from his Bomb Steeds, but various other skills - with the right bypass functions - still hurt him all the same.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    are you sure it was a G20-21 skills? the only thing I can think of would be judgement blade but that can;t possibly hit the entire spawn at once unless he rounded them all up first
  • LinisterLinister
    I don't even know what those new transformations are , when players become supertall and float around like ghosts wearing those fancy white robes...
  • ZephyrmaruZephyrmaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,430
    I don't even know what those new transformations are , when players become supertall and float around like ghosts wearing those fancy white robes...

Dont quote me on this, but the aoe explosion might autokill them since the damage is naturally so high. A bit like fighting on 0% in pvp, you can still do good damage if your numbers break a certain point in damage.
  • IAAWIAAW
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,285

That's Nascent Divinity.

I can confirm that both Nova Obliteration and Divine Blast can be used against the pillow-wielding mobs since I tried it once before. I believe all you have to do is have the pillow equipped.
  • GretaGreta
    I guess Nova Obliteration is better than Final Hit since there will be a less chance for people stealing your feathers... >_>...
  • ZephyrmaruZephyrmaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,430
    I guess Nova Obliteration is better than Final Hit since there will be a less chance for people stealing your feathers... >_>...

On the plus size, event's no longer racist! Now anyone can steal all the mobs instantly.
  • IAAWIAAW
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,285
    edited August 3, 2018
    Personally I did have an idea on how the Pillow Event could be reworked, though it boils down to moving it into a Shadow Mission that you can attempt once per in-game Erinn day. My concept for the mission itself would be that their would be five waves of pillow-wielding mobs that would drop feathers plus one final boss pillow-wielding mob (maybe a Master Lich or something else) and you would have five minutes to defeat all five waves, plus the suggested final boss.

I have no clue what the actual rewards would be beyond the feathers, though. Or the reward system could be different, I don't know. But basically moving events like these into a Shadow Mission that you can do once per day (or once per in-game day) is the best compromise I could think up of; everything exists in a Shadow Mission, nobody has to fight over mobs and everyone has a chance at getting rewards.

Shadow Missions are pretty convenient when you really think about it.
    GretaRaincloud95Clovis15YokkaichiVeylaineTwelieBronzebreakBlissfulkillSherri
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 3, 2018
    IAAW wrote: »
    Personally I did have an idea on how the Pillow Event could be reworked, though it boils down to moving it into a Shadow Mission that you can attempt once per in-game Erinn day. My concept for the mission itself would be that their would be five waves of pillow-wielding mobs that would drop feathers plus one final boss pillow-wielding mob (maybe a Master Lich or something else) and you would have five minutes to defeat all five waves, plus the suggested final boss.

I have no clue what the actual rewards would be beyond the feathers, though. Or the reward system could be different, I don't know. But basically moving events like these into a Shadow Mission that you can do once per day (or once per in-game day) is the best compromise I could think up of; everything exists in a Shadow Mission, nobody has to fight over mobs and everyone has a chance at getting rewards.

Shadow Missions are pretty convenient when you really think about it.

Yeah it's a good idea. And maybe add an extra reward (like one box or like extra 10 feathers) if you defeat final boss.
    Clovis15TwelieSherri
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    IAAW wrote: »
    Personally I did have an idea on how the Pillow Event could be reworked, though it boils down to moving it into a Shadow Mission that you can attempt once per in-game Erinn day.

That's actually a fantastic idea. I don't think they would ever do anything that requires more coding though :( I'm under the impression they have a very small staff.
    Clovis15 wrote: »
    I suspect one of the reasons many older events never return is because they'd likely break due to the various changes in the game since then*, as well as the fact that many of them - if not immediately broken - would otherwise be ruined by Power Creep. I suspect that no matter how many people ask for something, they're far less inclined to bring back any event that would either need to be fixed code-wise - rebalanced somehow to account for Power Creep - or otherwise need effort in some regard.

I wonder if this relates to why they refuse to bring back Doki Doki island. It might be coded weird?

Also I'm surprised the pillow fight event isn't back up yet. Guess the bug was a difficult one.
    TwelieSherri
  • LinisterLinister
    tbh I was hoping for a real pvp pillow fight something that doesn't mean anything but looks like a lot of fun
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I dont care if the events are too easy.
    I just want the Iria treasure hunt to come back
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    edited August 3, 2018
    @Raincloud95 It's possible, one of the times they brought back Doki Doki Island the cooking daily was broken - for the entire event's duration - due to some Cooking Skill changes (although I believe later appearances of Doki Doki Island eventually fixed that error).
    Raincloud95
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Opalthira wrote: »
    I dont care if the events are too easy.
    I just want the Iria treasure hunt to come back

This one?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    This is no longer a pillow fight, it is pillow genocide.
    Sherri