Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi Housing Market Problem

JohnspartaJohnsparta
Mabinogi Rep: 615
in Help
I Would Like To Report An Issue On The Mabinogi Housing Market Were People Sell Things That People Should Be Able To Buy But For Some Reason The House If Full On Gold And You Cant Purchase It I Wish It Would Simply Make It To Were All Items Cannot Be Shown Until You Do Have Room In Your House Who Here Also Wishes For This To Be Fixed?

nwXjBQF

Nexon Please Fix This I Am Tired Of Looking Through Items To Buy Only To Be Told I Cant Please Bump Up This Post So It Can Be Solved And Tell All Of The Other Problem/Glitches In Mabinogi So It Can Be Dealt With

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Why are you capitalizing first letter on every word? Also this is not how you post images.
    JohnspartaTwelie
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    This is not a bug or a glitch at all. Ever since housing was put in place the limit a house can hold is 5m. Also, please don't capitalise every word, it's annoying to read.
    JohnspartaBronzebreakTheNyanCatTwelie
  • JohnspartaJohnsparta
    Then i will type like this from now on @greta and this was my first forum post so i didnt know how to post a picture on here.

At any rate its still not enjoyable to see all these items going for sale that you cant buy for 9,99,999 and would prefer not to see them if you cant buy them @Fayekaiba.

If it is the case you cant have more then 5m then would it not make sense to hide the items that cant be sold?
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    As for why the game allows them to be placed up if you can't buy them for that much, not too sure. But as for why the house owner lists it on the board, probably because the item is worth more than 9,999,999 gold, they know you won't be able to buy the item at the price, and they wish for you to send them a letter/note offering or asking for a price on the item.
  • JohnspartaJohnsparta
    @fluorette Then that completely makes the housing board useless in context does it not? Why does a system that should sell people items allow a price you cant sell due to a limit in it to begin with? All i am asking is that they make it to were people can put the price they want as in break the current limit of 5m or simply make it to were those items dont show up on the housing board if i cant purchase them. Since it also makes your membership more worthless if that is the case if housing is meant to be a way to sell items and with the new Grand Exchange system housing loses all of its value
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Johnsparta wrote: »
    @fluorette Then that completely makes the housing board useless in context does it not? Why does a system that should sell people items allow a price you cant sell due to a limit in it to begin with? All i am asking is that they make it to were people can put the price they want as in break the current limit of 5m or simply make it to were those items dont show up on the housing board if i cant purchase them. Since it also makes your membership more worthless if that is the case if housing is meant to be a way to sell items and with the new Grand Exchange system housing loses all of its value

That's why the auction board is in place. Also, most people who sell their items at 9,999,999 on the housing board want you to make an offer that's more than 5m, otherwise they would put a cheaper price up.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    I think the poster is saying that if the person wants to sell it at the highest price avail, then do so. Otherwise it should be auctioned at the desired price or higher. No sense to post at the maximum price if they already have an idea what they want out of it.

Sadly Auction is the only way and is limited to what products sell on there, so it is posted in housing. Hence if there was an auction for the HCH they would post such. Not sure why they wouldn't have that option available there since the board fliers expire so it could be implemented.

Some people just don't know the price and want to show it so ppl see it and offer. You could get the item for a reasonable price or even cheaper.....at times they player already knows and wants to maximize.
  • JohnspartaJohnsparta
    asnscorpio wrote: »
    I think the poster is saying that if the person wants to sell it at the highest price avail, then do so. Otherwise it should be auctioned at the desired price or higher. No sense to post at the maximum price if they already have an idea what they want out of it.

Sadly Auction is the only way and is limited to what products sell on there, so it is posted in housing. Hence if there was an auction for the HCH they would post such. Not sure why they wouldn't have that option available there since the board fliers expire so it could be implemented.

Some people just don't know the price and want to show it so ppl see it and offer. You could get the item for a reasonable price or even cheaper.....at times they player already knows and wants to maximize.

Pretty much what i am saying why cant they sell the items to the price they desire i do not care if they want to sell the item for 10m or 500m so long that i can buy it
    Yokkaichi wrote: »

That's why the auction board is in place. Also, most people who sell their items at 9,999,999 on the housing board want you to make an offer that's more than 5m, otherwise they would put a cheaper price up.

I understand people would like to have an offer given to them but honestly i do not want to bother sitting days on end for them to answer me back on an item they might not
    want to sell to begin with i do not want to waste my time and i do not think anyone else would want to either. I do not want to play "guess my price oh you offered higher? SOLD put under? go away until i scam someone" not everyone does this but i have dealt with it enough to not be happy dealing with it
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    I don't believe the housing board has been updated since. From my understanding (and I'm not too sure if this is completely true), the team of devs that worked on much of the older content in game have all left and the newer team is having a difficult time deciphering their code, instead having to work around it at times. This might care to explain why the auction house was created, why the housing board functions differently from the much newer auction house, and why the board and housing system in general have not been updated to complement the fact that players can easily carry and purchase items for more than 5 million gold. I'm not sure what can be done about this other than a complete rehaul or removal of the housing system.
    JohnspartaBronzebreakTheNyanCatTwelie
  • JohnspartaJohnsparta
    Fluorette wrote: »
    I don't believe the housing board has been updated since. From my understanding (and I'm not too sure if this is completely true), the team of devs that worked on much of the older content in game have all left and the newer team is having a difficult time deciphering their code, instead having to work around it at times. This might care to explain why the auction house was created, why the housing board functions differently from the much newer auction house, and why the board and housing system in general have not been updated to complement the fact that players can easily carry and purchase items for more than 5 million gold. I'm not sure what can be done about this other than a complete rehaul or removal of the housing system.

I see that makes a lot of sense actually but would it not be better to remove these old systems with newer and cleaner systems? people ARE paying for them so it would make sense to fix those kinds of things
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Fluorette wrote: »

I see that makes a lot of sense actually but would it not be better to remove these old systems with newer and cleaner systems? people ARE paying for them so it would make sense to fix those kinds of things

Because people still use them, and while outdated it's doing nothing to break the game so they just leave it alone. Devs are more concerned about pumping out new content rather than remaking an existing system from scratch when the existing one isn't blowing up servers left and right. If people really didn't think it was worth the price VIP would drop in popularity.

They just don't have any real incentive, people still buy vip and use the board. No need to fix what isn't broken.