Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Just like Dark Souls...

Comments

• YanmYanm
    Mabinogi Rep: 350
    Sheena wrote: »
    I finally defeated G21 final boss in its final form AND got a mild warning for giving a little too intense vent (... GREAT!)

But i think i finally got thought my grief stages:

1. Anger
    - Getting an insta kill and rage about it

2. Even MORE Anger
    - Using a good cater, song buff, best gear, FH, full recover potions, 20+ nao stones, etc... and then lose because the time runs out...

And RAGE about it...

3. Bargaining
    Starting to have feelings of helplessness and vulnerability is often a need to regain control through a series of “If only” statements, such as:

If only this boss was more balanced... (Like getting rid of the insta kill and timer...)

4. Depression
    - "I better quit untill this boss gets nerfed"

5. Acceptance
    - I defeated the final boss! SWEET!... That was VERY depressing and frustrating to deal with, lets NEVER do that again!...

Then I realise that I got a warning for venting too hard, but i will shrug it off and keep on living =3
    apQA1dD_700b.jpg

The moral of this story is: Dont give up... I guess?

Just like Dark Souls huh? I think you're mistaken ;). The proper sequence of events is obviously

1. Get boss to second phase quickly. "Huh, this ain't that bad. Why are peopl- Dead."

2. Proceed to face boss again and again and die horribly on the first phase. "I DIDN'T EVEN TOUCH THEM THAT TIME. WHAT THE-"

3. Bear witness to a plethora of new things the boss can do in both first and second phase. "HOW DO YOU EVEN DEAL WITH THAT?! REEEEE"

4. Finally have the stars align and you beat down the second phase. "YEEEEEES. IN YOUR FACE!"

5. ???

6. ......"WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE HAS A THIRD PHASE???!!!"

Screw.You.Sister.Friede.
    TwelieShoogLialinSherri
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Yanm wrote: »
    Sheena wrote: »
    I finally defeated G21 final boss in its final form AND got a mild warning for giving a little too intense vent (... GREAT!)

But i think i finally got thought my grief stages:

1. Anger
    - Getting an insta kill and rage about it

2. Even MORE Anger
    - Using a good cater, song buff, best gear, FH, full recover potions, 20+ nao stones, etc... and then lose because the time runs out...

And RAGE about it...

3. Bargaining
    Starting to have feelings of helplessness and vulnerability is often a need to regain control through a series of “If only” statements, such as:

If only this boss was more balanced... (Like getting rid of the insta kill and timer...)

4. Depression
    - "I better quit untill this boss gets nerfed"

5. Acceptance
    - I defeated the final boss! SWEET!... That was VERY depressing and frustrating to deal with, lets NEVER do that again!...

Then I realise that I got a warning for venting too hard, but i will shrug it off and keep on living =3
    apQA1dD_700b.jpg

The moral of this story is: Dont give up... I guess?

Just like Dark Souls huh? I think you're mistaken ;). The proper sequence of events is obviously

1. Get boss to second phase quickly. "Huh, this ain't that bad. Why are peopl- Dead."

2. Proceed to face boss again and again and die horribly on the first phase. "I DIDN'T EVEN TOUCH THEM THAT TIME. WHAT THE-"

3. Bear witness to a plethora of new things the boss can do in both first and second phase. "HOW DO YOU EVEN DEAL WITH THAT?! REEEEE"

4. Finally have the stars align and you beat down the second phase. "YEEEEEES. IN YOUR FACE!"

5. ???

6. ......"WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE HAS A THIRD PHASE???!!!"

Screw.You.Sister.Friede.

Laughs in astora greatsword
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Mabi was a game meant for teaming up with others to finish the storyline... But developers have granted players the power to solo everything... Consequences.
    BronzebreakGretaVeylaineLialinSherriSheena
  • MeridisMeridis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    sooooo, Indeimaus isn't going to play mabi?
    SheenaLialinSherri
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    At least you people finished. I can't get past Tagar. I'm wondering what TLs you people at; I'm barely 7k+, and a friend said he struggled mightilty with her at 20k, and is stuck at Talvish. So, what TLs y'all?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 30, 2018
    At least you people finished. I can't get past Tagar. I'm wondering what TLs you people at; I'm barely 7k+, and a friend said he struggled mightilty with her at 20k, and is stuck at Talvish. So, what TLs y'all?

I'm like 16k total level, but it almost says nothing honestly. Skills matter the most here and Nao stones too lol. Saw some people claiming that they completed this generation with a character that was below 1k total, so yeah...
  • RiddleTricksterRiddleTrickster
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,585
    edited August 1, 2018

I am at cumulative 576. Use mana shield, stack up at pots. Head to the pillar and start hitting when you know she is going to burrow. You can also use pets to lure her.

QbPn2kh.jpg
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited July 30, 2018

mabinogi_2018_07_30_001.jpg

I just used mana shield and firebolt on her till she died after dropping 2 pillars on her.
  • XypixXypix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,890
    edited July 30, 2018
    <insert obligatory "I did talvish with no deaths on a 2k character" flex>

I am a horrible person.
    I think being self aware about it makes it less shameful.
    edited July 31, 2018
    We had totally less TL than you.

Well, magic is one way to go I suppose, but I'm not a magic fan so I don't have a lot of mana (hovers around 300) so even with Mana Shield capped it doesn't do me much good in this fight, nor do I own a spellbolt above rF, nor Snapcast or a chaincasting wand, which I assume you do, Opalthira. I've killed every single boss from every single G, before they were nerfed, with my trusty Hatchet or the Brionac (Uroboros, Crumena and the two Girgashiys at G19 final are my top three frustrating final bosses, in that order) so I'm hoping for a tip or something that will help me with this battle. The Divine Knights Gs have thrown me for a loop with their immune-to-status-effects critters and minibosses, but until now I've been able to power through. These new apostles, tho...
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125

Well, magic is one way to go I suppose, but I'm not a magic fan so I don't have a lot of mana (hovers around 300) so even with Mana Shield capped it doesn't do me much good in this fight, nor do I own a spellbolt above rF, nor Snapcast or a chaincasting wand, which I assume you do, Opalthira. I've killed every single boss from every single G, before they were nerfed, with my trusty Hatchet or the Brionac (Uroboros, Crumena and the two Girgashiys at G19 final are my top three frustrating final bosses, in that order) so I'm hoping for a tip or something that will help me with this battle. The Divine Knights Gs have thrown me for a loop with their immune-to-status-effects critters and minibosses, but until now I've been able to power through. These new apostles, tho...

Can you share your play style so we can give you tailored advice? Like weapons, and armor, skills, do you hybridize any skill sets, etc.
    GTCvActium wrote: »

Can you share your play style so we can give you tailored advice? Like weapons, and armor, skills, do you hybridize any skill sets, etc.

Mostly I just melee. Pretty much all combat skills are at r1. My "spellbolt" is Gold Strike, at around r7. I also have the basic Archery skills at r1 (Magnum, AR, Support). Between my armor, titles, enchants, and Divine Link r5 on L40 pet I get around 230 Def, so Tagar's attacks do around 100 if I activate Defense, otherwise they hit me for about 600, and I don't have that many HP. Again, Mana Shield r6 but only 300 mana, so one unguarded blow and it's gone. I can pretty much keep myself alive, but I can't land any telling blows on her. My heaviest weapons are two-handers, but without my shield and its enchants my Def drops to around 160, and her attacks resume doing hideous amounts of damage on me. I've tried blocking then switching to the Brionac, my Celtic Warrior Axe or my Dark Knight sword, but since her attack doesn't deactivate Defense, I have to manually do it before I can switch weapons, and usually she just goes underground again, so I'm left in the lurch having to switch back to shield and engage Defense, and hope I do it in time. Likewise, activating attack powers like Wings of Rage or Shadow Spirit are too slow, most of the time she goes under and strikes back while the skill is still powering up. I should note that I'm able to drop the two pillars on her without issue, so we're talking the actual fight here, where you can damage her. I have plenty of pets too that heal on summon, so that helps. And tons of soulstones and full recovery pots as well, tho I try to use these last seldom because they cause too much pot poisoning. I switched recently from Morrighan powers to Neamhain's because Wings of Eclipse r1 also go down in two or three blows and hoped FoL and SoL would deal some decent damage, but FoL does too little at r1, while SoL is too slow and haven't been able to land a single one on her in about ten fights.

The end result of all this is that I can pretty much run out the clock on the mission, avoiding death but without being able to get her below 50%. By the end I'm usually pot poisoned and possibly ran through ten or more soulstones, so yeah, not the desired result at all.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    GTCvActium wrote: »

Mostly I just melee. Pretty much all combat skills are at r1. My "spellbolt" is Gold Strike, at around r7. I also have the basic Archery skills at r1 (Magnum, AR, Support). Between my armor, titles, enchants, and Divine Link r5 on L40 pet I get around 230 Def, so Tagar's attacks do around 100 if I activate Defense, otherwise they hit me for about 600, and I don't have that many HP. Again, Mana Shield r6 but only 300 mana, so one unguarded blow and it's gone. I can pretty much keep myself alive, but I can't land any telling blows on her. My heaviest weapons are two-handers, but without my shield and its enchants my Def drops to around 160, and her attacks resume doing hideous amounts of damage on me. I've tried blocking then switching to the Brionac, my Celtic Warrior Axe or my Dark Knight sword, but since her attack doesn't deactivate Defense, I have to manually do it before I can switch weapons, and usually she just goes underground again, so I'm left in the lurch having to switch back to shield and engage Defense, and hope I do it in time. Likewise, activating attack powers like Wings of Rage or Shadow Spirit are too slow, most of the time she goes under and strikes back while the skill is still powering up. I should note that I'm able to drop the two pillars on her without issue, so we're talking the actual fight here, where you can damage her. I have plenty of pets too that heal on summon, so that helps. And tons of soulstones and full recovery pots as well, tho I try to use these last seldom because they cause too much pot poisoning. I switched recently from Morrighan powers to Neamhain's because Wings of Eclipse r1 also go down in two or three blows and hoped FoL and SoL would deal some decent damage, but FoL does too little at r1, while SoL is too slow and haven't been able to land a single one on her in about ten fights.

The end result of all this is that I can pretty much run out the clock on the mission, avoiding death but without being able to get her below 50%. By the end I'm usually pot poisoned and possibly ran through ten or more soulstones, so yeah, not the desired result at all.

Since you're melee, I recommend just sticking to a shield and axe combo. Medium shields, no matter what, if you're in defense mode will reduce all damage by 70% regardless if the attack activates defense's CD or not. That fact she doesn't is a very good thing would means you won't have to wait for the CD between attacks. (If you're a giant using a large shield, it has 100% damage reduction). I recommend using a guarded attack tactic. Basically you smash until you can get the axe's protection debuff and then use bash. If she riles up to use an attack, immediately use defense, it'll reduce the damage no matter what. For the pillars, I recommend attacking one to damage it until just 1 more attack topples it, when she finally comes near one, immediately attack it to drop it on her. If you want to dodge her swing attack, the moment she tunnels in the ground, run away in a straight line, DO NOT STOP. You should be able to dodge it even without speed boosts.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I'm 11k and I'm scared to do G21 Part 2. I barely reach 130 def anyway. Maybe once I train dual guns? Idk
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Sherri wrote: »
    I'm 11k and I'm scared to do G21 Part 2. I barely reach 130 def anyway. Maybe once I train dual guns? Idk

I did it at 13k and blew through the fights before I even knew the mechanics behind it. The people that are super stuck on it seem to refuse to try another method, or get better gear. It really isn't that hard
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    edited August 7, 2018
    Sherri wrote: »

If you're going to do it blindly then you should be prepared to put in the effort to learning the fights I think. If you use the wiki or some other resources to guide you through the fights, I'm sure you'll be fine at that cumulative.
    edited August 8, 2018
    Mabinogiworld Wiki still has no info on the mission or Tagar, so unless you want to try Google translate or know Korean/Japanese, Imaizumi's suggestion isn't possible yet. Totally respeccing and/or blowing cash on P2W schemes, Helllkaizer's obvious favorite methods of playing the game, shouldn't be the only options available to anyone for getting through, either.

Here's a further case for complicating things: my Giant, TL 4700, 455 Str, 556HP (compared to my Human's TL 7k+, 620 Str, 674 HP) killed Tagar on her first try, without dying once. The only difference of note in equips is that the GIant can wield the Brionac with a shield for 170 Def, so she gets max Dmg 500+ on Demi+Beast while my main has to choose between 200 Def / 400 Max Dmg or 150 Def/470 Max Dmg with Demi+Pally. Apart from that, Tagar against my Giant stood her ground and fought above ground pretty much all the time, using her Grim Reaper-like attacks and giving her plenty of time to use Shadow Spirit and Wings of Rage on her; against my Human, she kept popping in and out of the ground, denying her the time to load the same skills, even though both of them were meleeing and Bashing her (or in my Human's case, attempting to). Why she acts one way against one toon and a different way against the other, no idea. Gonna try switching Demi powers again, and see if there's a way to tell if she's going to stand and fight, or just flitter the fight away.

My suggestions at the moment for anyone worried about this fight with low Def is whether you can move and attack fast enough. If so, give it a few tries because when not popping in and out all the time, Tagar's attacks have huge tells and you can react accordingly (load Defense, get out of the way, load SoT when she starts casting the slowing spell). If, however, she's just Whack-a-moling when you're at melee, you are in for quite the hellish ride. For me, stubbornly staying in the mission like that for 90 minutes, using up pots and soulstones is simply not worth the aggravation.

Up next, my elf, while I get the Falias Fragment my Human needs. Can't wait to see how that goes. She's an Archer XD
  • XypixXypix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,890
    edited August 8, 2018
    Tagar can go die in a fire. Attempting to do that with melee is an absolute NIGHTMARE.

And people think Talvish is unfair, lul.
  • SoldariusSoldarius
    Mabinogi Rep: 715
    Tagar was a pain to deal with for me as well since I'm mostly a melee character but I managed to get through it with many deaths. I figured out a way on my own since there isn't really a guide that would help me through it.

I'm having more difficulty with the doppelganger. Tried several different ways but I can't seem to get it below 72 - 76%, which is roughly over a 1/4th to 1/2 of the second HP bar through wounding the crap out of it. I tried the pets to distract him but I hardly level up my pets, so that was a no-go. Even tried some fomor scrolls I got from the Fate/Stay night events, but the AI was atrocious and just kept standing still or just running around in circles majority of the time. Guildmate of mine kept saying,"I don't know why it's so much harder for you since it's supposed to be basic." Though in her battles, she only had to deal with one HP bar for any of the bosses from my knowledge.

I'm stubborn, so I'll figure out a way even if I lose my sanity in the process. Can't remember my stats off the top of my head, otherwise I'd go into more detail.

Soldarius wrote: »
    Tagar was a pain to deal with for me as well since I'm mostly a melee character but I managed to get through it with many deaths. I figured out a way on my own since there isn't really a guide that would help me through it.

I'm having more difficulty with the doppelganger. Tried several different ways but I can't seem to get it below 72 - 76%, which is roughly over a 1/4th to 1/2 of the second HP bar through wounding the crap out of it. I tried the pets to distract him but I hardly level up my pets, so that was a no-go. Even tried some fomor scrolls I got from the Fate/Stay night events, but the AI was atrocious and just kept standing still or just running around in circles majority of the time. Guildmate of mine kept saying,"I don't know why it's so much harder for you since it's supposed to be basic." Though in her battles, she only had to deal with one HP bar for any of the bosses from my knowledge.

I'm stubborn, so I'll figure out a way even if I lose my sanity in the process. Can't remember my stats off the top of my head, otherwise I'd go into more detail.

This is exactly like Doppelganger from Shadow Cast City: in order to deal good damage to it you need to kill the copies first. Pets that attack on summon, like Bone Dragons or Armored Pegasi, are a good choice here, but pet barrage should work as long as you're consistent and keep hitting the same target until it's gone. Just keep yourself alive running from Doppelganger , killing the copies, and hitting the orbs with a black fire whenever Doppelganger tries to summon more, until he's alone, then you can deal more satisfying damage to him. Demi skills like Wings of Rage and Shadow Spirit also stun him with each hit, giving you ample opportunity to attack unopposed, so save those (if you have them) for until he's alone, then strike him with one and pounce.

BTW, the Mabiworld wiki is finally updating with battle tips for this G. Kudos to the people involved b( o.o)b