[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
The pinnacle of awesome, now in refreshing green flavors and varieties! Buy some before I croak you!
At this point it's become common knowledge of knowing who's abusing what on Alexina to the point where some people bot, script or goldfarm in the open without sanction. Despite many reports, and tickets spanning back to last year, some known players continue to exploit bots, and other 3rd party software (for cheating & not ease of access to the game) and break the rules constantly.
The auction system, the way it's currently set up will allow for bots to abuse it en masse. The most obvious route they will take is to sell cash shop items (Which they do already in belvast) by the truckloads on the auction system without any sort of hindrance.
Here are some ideas though to prevent abuse of the auction system (Some people may not like this idea).
1) For accounts created after 2017, or after the implimentation of the Lorna and Pan tuitorial questline, have them complete the short questline to enable the use of the auction board.
- This makes it harder for botters, and other players abusing macros and bots to gain entry into the auction system to abuse it.
2) Remove Cash items with a 1-time trade, this means items like Enchant protection potions, repair potions, reforges, nao stones, anything with a 1-time trade. Players could still trade them without the auction board, but this also prevents the anonymously abusive bots/players from freely exploiting the system.
3) Allow display of usernames and a function to report suspected botters in the Auction system.
- Anyone can sell anything right now, and you wouldn't even know who it was. It could even be someone who stole something from you, or someone obtaining items illegally. Displaying usernames is a given since every other trade function has it in mabi.
I would like to emphasize that botting is a HUGE issue with auction boards. Other MMO's like Vindictus, Dungeon Fighter online, Tera, and any other MMO has implemented huge regulations on using auctioning boards like lengthy questline completions or level requirements that botters never manually want to obtain. As it stands right now, I can see that the auctioning system will absolutely be abused and exploited given it's non-existent security against botters.
As well, with the above changes, it shouldn't generally effect anyone who has been playing long enough, or completed the new tutorial or any generation quest. As a result the "Market damage" will be very minimal given if people put the minimal effort into playing mabi.