Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Reflections: Reforged update!
https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/69963/reflections-reforged-patch-notes-november-4th-2021
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Kaga

BOOM 3m damage!

About

Username
Kaga
Joined
Visits
3,227
Last Active
Roles
Member
Points
5,070
Badges
20
Posts
615
Personal Quote
Pikarina! bedårandey! 21.01.20
About Me
Black Elf
  • More Balanced Elves?

    bunny11 wrote: »
    That's fine but you are not reaching your full potential as an elf in combat. That doesn't mean you're not a perfectly competent and useful party member & player. But I don't need to watch any videos to pop my 15 minute duration (out of every 36 minutes), 400% aiming buff (a total gamechanger that you're seemingly trying to downplay) and tear stuff up in a way that the other two races can't. I can now contribute something to a party uniquely as an elf player, and I don't see how you don't understand how this affects mounted play as well.

    It seems like the real problem here is that you don't want to be an archer, and I do join you in hoping for some sort of Elf exclusive magic perks. The race was always meant to excel in magic as well, and I don't deny that. But if it's too large, then there will be a backlash from Human and Giant players who have invested a lot into magic. I'm all ears if anyone has ideas for an elf magic buff that manages to avoid that outcome.

    That's what you think though. While you pop your 15 minute duration of VoL every 36 mins I just n+blaze everything and firebolt/SS+impale bosses.
    We all have our own ways of playing the game, but you have no right to come here and tell people that they aren't serious combat-wise because they don't use archery.
    I didn't say that VoL doesn't affect mounted play, it's just that it's exactly the same, just 4x faster.
    FYI, that "Potential" that you are talking about (mag/cs spam) needs tons of gold/investment to even be relevant.
    VeylaineZeoNeynaTunfiskRadiant Dawn
  • More Balanced Elves?

    bunny11 wrote: »
    Elves were intended to excel in magic as well, which is why I mained magic for years after originally giving up on archery (after years of that). My personal hope is for a revamp to the mage talent (mostly to make it more ENJOYABLE, and less dated, to use) and some elf perks included within that. Even though I still think elf could get a couple of warranted buffs, I'm no longer demanding for anything major. We have our niche and we excel at a few different things and I won't ask for much more than that.

    As for your rebuttal I'm not downplaying firebolting and chainblades, so I don't know what you're talking about at all there. Here's the thing, and yes you're correct but let me expand. The other races have had those, but then they have always them to use in tandem with their powerful racial exclusive bonuses/skills. Elves never had that until recently. So for the longest time we were just a nerfed versions of the other races in any realistic combat situation - sharing the powerful cross-racial techniques, but with nothing exclusive and boastworthy of our own. That has changed now.

    tl;dr - We have the same powerful cross-racial skills as everyone else, but we finally have something elf-specific to contribute.

    Personally I prefer to use my main archery set with archery reforges and enchants with my chainblade in my 2nd slot which still benefits a lot from the bonus attack enchants, with a bard buff effect set in my extra equipment slot. I prefer to use my chain blade for versatility instead of my main damage source.

    You're making me out to be this wicked person when I'm actually celebrating what they've done with elves, and I have no problem with people who choose to take their own path. My IRL friend mains a melee elf and I have no problem with him using what he wants. He's not in denial about how bad it is though compared to other elf gear/skill paths. But he's having fun.

    BTW, yes the reasons for the elven skin complexion are explicitly stated within the lore. I don't want to go over it again either, but we can pull up the quest transcripts if you like. It's been explained.

    I would love to see where it was stated within the lore.

    What I'm saying is, who are you to decide if a player is a serious player "combat-wise" or not?
    I have been kicking *** (like a lot of elves) in this game without even using archery and I still consider myself serious combat-wise, so I don't see how people have to archer to be considered serious combat-wise.

    I do want to see some elf-exclusive magic related revamp though, even though I have no problem with any content in this game.
    Which is why I don't mind waiting for that (hopefully we will get some in the future)

    To finish off this debate, I think most people agree with me that you don't have to archer to be good combat-wise (as an elf)
    The ones saying that are either newbies who just finished binge-watching some mag spam videos on YT or haven't tried anything else beside of archery.

    #Case-Closed
    Neyna
  • More Balanced Elves?

    bunny11 wrote: »
    I have to play as an archer?
    I am doing exceptionally well chaining everything to death.

    I think chain is really good now, but Elves have still been buffed so much with their archery that I think you need to be an archer main with supplementary weapons/sets to really reach the elf's full potential.
    I'm still so shocked about how much they've been buffed in archery. Nexon did this from a variety of different angles instead of one straightforward Elf revamp, but I feel they're really in a good spot now.
    Kaga wrote: »
    No you don't need to archer to be a good elf "combat-wise".
    People think that because they just follow the crowd/overseas servers. They haven't tried to find their own playstyle.

    I already said this and I will say it again; If you think archery is good and nothing can be as good as archery, good for you.
    Just don't tell people that they can't consider themselves as serious player "combat-wise" because they don't archer.
    They have their own play style and you have your own-.. well.. play style.

    Can you prove me wrong because I've been maining Elf since the morning servers came up with elf release and they have never been too viable for competitive play until relatively recently at least on NA. It's not just the mag spamming but we can finally put different mounted archery techniques to good use and our new racial active is exclusively beneficial for archery.

    Elves were always meant to excel in archery, so I don't know why you're taking offense
    Unisex wrote: »
    Elves need dark skin.

    This will never happen due to lore reasons

    Lemme reply to few of your comments above.

    1. Elves are not just meant to excel only in archery, but also with magic. So telling someone that they can't be "serious" combat-wise because they don't archer is bull.

    2. Viable for competitive play you say? We have Chains, N+blaze, firebolt and much more. Or are you saying they don't "count" because they aren't "race-exclusive" play styles?

    3. What do you mean by "different mounted archery techniques"? Hide + Mag has always been there, it's just got recently more attention because people started using it in Alban/Phantasm.

    4. "Elves have still been buffed so much with their archery"I still don't get where you got this information from. Elves only gained Vision of Ladeca.
    5. "It's not just the mag spamming but we can finally put different mounted archery techniques to good use" Like what? more mag spam + hide on pets?
    6. Dark skin has nothing to do with the lore in this game, let's not start another debate about that.

    7. As for "elves potential" or whatever that's supposed to mean. You don't need to reach that so called "potential" you speak of to one shot most things in this game.
    VeylaineZeoSylviaWolfeNeynaTunfiskBehelitRadiant Dawn
  • More Balanced Elves?

    KelpSoda wrote: »
    im not following anything, just saying that elf archery is either meta and you should call it such, or it isn't because you found a better alternative, if you did congratulations that's the meta

    if said alternative isn't better then why are we still arguing this, you chose the lesser option because its fun to you and thats nice but if somebody asks which is the better way why not answer them the truth instead of going circles around it

    I did find a better alternative that is as good, if not better than cs/mag spam.

    Which is why I am saying that there is no such things as only "one meta".
    But you still don't see me shove it on peoples faces and telling them that they aren't playing elf right just because they don't follow what I see as meta..just saying.

    Oh you aren't "following" anything? I guess we both are special snowflakes

    You are ignoring everything else I was saying.. like how you don't need to go for archery to be good combat-wise.
    At this point I feel like you are just trying to start -removed-.

    Whatever floats your boat.
    NeynaTunfiskVeylaineTrythis
  • More Balanced Elves?

    Neyna wrote: »
    Kaga wrote: »
    bunny11 wrote: »
    you must be an archer if you consider yourself a serious player combat-wise.

    No.

    If you’re in NA with no lag then maybeeeee.

    Maybe.. but..
    Last thing I need to read is someone saying if you don't archer, you can't consider yourself a serious player (combat-wise)

    No you don't need to archer to be a good elf "combat-wise".
    People think that because they just follow the crowd/overseas servers. They haven't tried to find their own playstyle.

    I already said this and I will say it again; If you think archery is good and nothing can be as good as archery, good for you.
    Just don't tell people that they can't consider themselves as serious player "combat-wise" because they don't archer.
    They have their own play style and you have your own-.. well.. play style.
    TunfiskVeylaineTrythis