Basically, it's a magical version of the Defense skill that when active increases Magic Defense and Magic Protection while blocking a magic attack, regaining some mana, and sometimes even gaining a charge of whatever spell was blocked (only if you've already learned it, though).
* When active, it boosts the Magic Defense and Magic Protection of the user, and allows the user to block one enemy magic attack.
* Firebolt, Icebolt, Lightning Bolt, Fireball, Ice Spear, Thunder, Blaze, Shockwave, Flame Burst, Water Cannon, Wind Blast, Life Drain, Heat Buster, Sand Burst, Shock, Frozen Blast, Elven Magic Missile (all types), Fire Breath, and all Cerberus bolts trigger Absorption.
* Having a wand or staff equipped greatly increases the effects of the Absorption skill.
- Wands not of the same element reduce the total damage taken by 50%
- Wands of the same element and staves not of the same element reduce the total damage taken by 70%
- Staves of the same element reduce the total damage taken by 100%
* While absorbing, the user will be unable to move unless using Spellwalk.
* Being hit with Absorption loaded will negate stun, allowing retaliation.
- Users must wait for the Absorption animation to end before they can retaliate.
- The actual defending animation varies between Weapons and Races.
* Using Absorption with a wand or staff passively increases Magic Defense and Protection.
* Thunder's and Ice Spear's stun and freezing effect, respectively, are negated by a wand or staff wielding target using Absorption.
* Starting at Rank 5, surrounding players gain a magic defense bonus while Absorption is active.
- Players do not need to be in the same party.
- This does not affect the user.
- However, the buff range is extremely small; they must be almost on top of the Absorbing player to obtain the bonus.
- The user may also Absorb attacks targeted at these players, but doing so reduces the amount of damage negated by 50%.
* Starting at Rank 5, successfully Absorbing an attack will either restore some of the user's mana or give them at least 1 charge of the Skill used (if the user has learned that skill).
- If the user Absorbs an intermediate magic Skill that they have not learned, they will instead receive 5 charges of the Bolt skill of the same element
- If the user Absorbs a Battle Alchemy Skill, they receive charges of Bolt skills based on number and type of Element crystals used for that Skill
- Absorbing Earth Alchemy Skills or Blaze only restores mana
- Absorbing Heat Buster will give the user 1 charge of Fireball if they have learned it
(Ranking info TBD)