Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Crom Bás Part 2 update!
https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/71292/crom-b-s-unveiled-abyss-part-2-patch-notes-january-13th-2022
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Hellkaizer

About

Username
Hellkaizer
Joined
Visits
1,876
Last Active
Roles
Member
Points
11,305
Badges
19
Posts
1,066
  • Server Merge? Yes PLEASE

    Janghala wrote: »
    *sigh* I'm not happy guys. I've invested so much time, money, and energy in this game. Yet, I have no one to share the fruits of my labor with. My server has been on life support for the longest time now, and I'm honestly ready to give up. The server population issue is a wound that continues to be left to fester. Countless times have countless people petitioned Nexon to merge the servers, or at least allow players to transfer to a different server, and countless times have their voices fallen on deaf ears. Nothing is being done. So in one final, desperate attempt to reach anyone that might listen to our pleas for change, I will propose a new solution to this ongoing issue. I propose a server shuffle. Its different from a server merge, or a server transfer, in the sense that the current servers will only be replaced by new servers. From these new servers players will be be able to anonymously transfer all their existing data. Players will be given notice of the server transfer in advance so as to coordinate who they'd like to play with. As for the "same name" issue; I propose that all players be obligated to choose a new name after the server shuffle takes place. I understand that many people wish to retain their current names, because its something that any player comes to consider as being part of their identity. To resolve this issue I might suggest that older players be given priority in some regard to this matter, but all players be given the option to reserve names in advance in some capacity. It's time for a new beginning. The time of the Three Lost Warriors is over, and their respective servers should have ended with them. Only in death can new life be born.

    It won't happen because some NA players can't fathom the thought of not having the unique username xx_godofde4th_x or Kirito212940812.

    If your username is so common that it gets sniped instantly, I'm sorry, it wasn't unique. I know people do have attachment to user names as I do my own, but willing to continually cause harm to the game so you can be "special" is wrong. It's absolutely mindblowing that some people are so set on being special that they wouldn't even be willing to have a (R/T/A/M) at the end of their name.
    GretaVeylaineBronzebreakKrissyPootelTHICCthighssavelivesKagaCrimsọn
  • So with the new Gachas...

    So i havnt been in this thread for some time because some of you frankly just piss me off with how uneducated youa re yet you think your intelligent on the subject. Spoiler ALERT. You're not.

    its funny how you all bring up supply and demand. but conveniently leave out the actual Supply part of it. It doesnt exist in a game like this. All these items your selling are in infinite supply as they can just be generated. which means theres a infinite supply. Supply and demand only works when resources are Finite. like in the Real world. that Diamond analogy falls flat on its face when you realise that diamonds in the real world are in finite amounts and as a result have to be priced accordingly because you dont have a unlimited amount of them compared to a game. you guys love to preach about Supply and demand but dont understand it doesnt work when the resources are infinite.

    but also many of you call me uneducated because im not basing off S&D well guess what because its smarter to price based on a items factors then if its rare or not. this is why i call you uneducated. a Divine weapon for example is not worth 100+M. when its components dont even come anywhere close to that value together.

    as for you hellkaizer. you say im in support of a scam system but all the facts point to the opposite. how can you get scammed when your paying for the items worth? explain that. and those who currently use paypal to buy items need to be banned. Rule breakers shouldn't be given free pass's and they wouldnt under this system.

    anyone who actually wants to use the Supply and demand argument as a rebuttal is getting insta ignored since you clearly dont know what you are talking about. Supply and Demand is a myth in a world where everything is unlimited amounts.

    im trying to make the game better and more friendly instead of people getting price gouged because abunch of people are to greedy and dont understand game economics.
    Oh man, here we go again.

    I'm going to ignore your pointless insults (Which btw shows that you have nothing to contribute in a debate setting, as you've decided to take it personally)

    that aside, let's break this down.
    its funny how you all bring up supply and demand. but conveniently leave out the actual Supply part of it. It doesnt exist in a game like this. All these items your selling are in infinite supply as they can just be generated. which means theres a infinite supply. Supply and demand only works when resources are Finite. like in the Real world. that Diamond analogy falls flat on its face when you realise that diamonds in the real world are in finite amounts and as a result have to be priced accordingly because you dont have a unlimited amount of them compared to a game. you guys love to preach about Supply and demand but dont understand it doesnt work when the resources are infinite.

    There's enough molten gold in the core of the earth that you could cover the ENTIRE globe in about 12' of gold. Literally everyone who owns a house could have a swimming pool sized block of gold in their yard and there would still be too much to actually use. While yes it is finite, there's so damn much of it it just wouldn't be possible to use that much. My point? Sure there's technically an infinite supply of golden crystals but it takes work to get those, hence they have a value. A supply (the people farming to get them) and the demand ( The people making divine weapons). It wouldn't be easy to extract gold from the molten core, so even though there's basically an infinite supply in terms of humanity's concerns, it still has value.

    but also many of you call me uneducated because im not basing off S&D well guess what because its smarter to price based on a items factors then if its rare or not. this is why i call you uneducated. a Divine weapon for example is not worth 100+M. when its components dont even come anywhere close to that value together.

    If you know a more applicable system, please mention the name of it and how it works. Main reasoning is it's silly to use a theory not proven academically when the market in-game reflects how real world markets behave. While rarity has little to do with price, look at the price of alexandrite compared to diamond. alexandrite is significantly more rare than diamond, actually if you look at how gems are formed diamond is likely the most common gem found in nature. A divine weapon is the best you can get (in most cases anyway), nothing to do with rarity but usefulness, and damage output. You're just factually wrong with the price as well. Gold crystals have basically held a 4.5m price tag on Alexina and you need 40 of them. That's 180m not counting anything else. I'm not going to count smaller servers either because right now in alexina provided I had the gold I could buy everything I needed to make one, I doubt you could do this at any time on tarlach. Another factor is the roll on damage it gets. I'll go roll a random number right now between 22-43 because that's the roll the blade gets when crafting it.
    a3987bbffd9c82176d7b0749b5a2234e.png
    this divine blade is junk, I think it's actually worse than a farron greatsword. A divine blade like this might sell for 3/5ths the material cost if you actually found someone willing to buy it.
    as for you hellkaizer. you say im in support of a scam system but all the facts point to the opposite. how can you get scammed when your paying for the items worth? explain that. and those who currently use paypal to buy items need to be banned. Rule breakers shouldn't be given free pass's and they wouldnt under this system.

    How about instead of me trying to explain that, you explain this.
    im selling a pair of wings you want. i want 15M for em. but the game wont allow our trade for that item to exceed 10M because 10M is the preset max for that item by the devlopers. so i eaither agree to it or not. or the risk part comes in. we can agree to you giving me 10M i give you the item. then we can open the trade again after the previous trade for a "gift" option of the trade. where i dont need to offer something in return but you give me a check for 5M. that being the other part of the trade. however the risk being as it requires a separate trade. even if we "agreed" you can "scam" but i cant actually legitimately call you a scammer because its my fault for trying to circumvent the system. which brings with it risks.

    If items could be equally attained by everyone all the time, then no one would barter against other players to guarantee getting the item and the situation of trying to bypass the item's in-game gold limit would never apply. What determines the item's worth though? Is it just the materials? If so, please explain how this would work.
    I'm selling a Bhafel Hunter and Huntress. If I'm buying supplies and not manually farming them, it costs about 100M to make it. BD heart is around 55M and the BD eye is around 35M, which is why I say around 100M to account for other materials. As a result, the max for that item is 100M, set by the developers, so I have to agree to it or I'll be punished. But my rolls are terrible and a Salvation Bow is better than it now. Salvation Bow costs about 200k to make. Do I sell the Bhafel Hunter and Huntress at 100M because of it's material value, or do I lower it because of it's stats? If lowered because of it's stats, does one with max roll have a value above material cost because of it's stats? Or does only the max roll meet the 100M material cost and everything else is lower? Do we place a value on the stats, then what happens when there's not enough Bhafel Hunter and Huntress bows to meet the amount of people trying to buy one?

    And one more question
    What's the point of being a blacksmith and selling goods for people if you never make a profit for your work? There's literally no point for it. Do I sell my blacksmithing services to players then, and have them bring materials to me or purchase materials from me? This is effectively the same thing as selling an item above the material cost, just the blacksmith has a chance to get scammed for doing something they enjoy now. Or, the smith would even craft one themselves and if its a low roll wait until someone asks for their services and craft a new one, and keep the better one. Again, a potential to scam.
    anyone who actually wants to use the Supply and demand argument as a rebuttal is getting insta ignored since you clearly dont know what you are talking about. Supply and Demand is a myth in a world where everything is unlimited amounts.

    But people still need to work to get the materials, they still grind to get better gear. There's no button on screen that just says "Click here for divine blade". This is the definition of supply and demand.
    Demand refers to how much (quantity) of a product or service is desired by buyers. The quantity demanded is the amount of a product people are willing to buy at a certain price; the relationship between price and quantity demanded is known as the demand relationship. Supply represents how much the market can offer.
    in this case, the market can only offer as much as people are willing to farm the content that drops these items.

    im trying to make the game better and more friendly instead of people getting price gouged because abunch of people are to greedy and dont understand game economics.
    You might think of it like that, but what you'd do is make it less beginner friendly. Know why? Because if a gold crystal was only worth 1m set max, and there was no way to circumvent that without "not scamming" everyone would just keep them. Once you personally farm 40 of them to make a weapon you'd make the weapon and trade it for another divine weapon. Say I got broken short lance drop, I'm an elf I can't use that, but Bob12 got a broken crossbow what'll happen is me and Bob12 will both farm 40 crystals then swap lance for crossbow. What's a new player going to do? Offer gold that no one wants? Offer a worse weapon? No their only option is to farm it themselves as well. Right now a new player could get lucky and get a skill book drop from barry adv that sells for 5-8m, that's like 1.4 gold crystals right there they're working towards a divine weapon already. Or the alternative, they get that skill book drop and they won't sell it for worthless gold but might trade it for another skill book or something. A new player can't do avalon raids, they can't do aahm for ruptured metals to make celtics, they can't do squire missions because their squires aren't high enough level. They'd be forced to catch up slower than ever, by which point the people at end game will be even further into it and our new player will never catch up.
    TheNyanCatSherriImaizumiCoolAidBronzebreakVeylaineGreta
  • Why stream on Caffeine over Twitch?

    Sherri wrote: »
    Aquasol wrote: »
    In my opinion, it’s already better than Twitch— it wasn’t bloated, full of terrible meme faces, laggy, or on some sort of delay.

    There’s always room for improvement, but for me at least, it hits nearly every goalpost.

    try mixer

    Twitch is delayed by 30 seconds on purpose to prevent stream sniping in games like pubg

    also it might be laggy for people with nets unable to watch at 720p or better, and you have to get lucky to get quality controls for streams that allow the viewer to change between 1080p and 160p (unless the channel becomes partnered which would mean every day streams)

    Mixer has only a 5 second delay at most
    im also fairly sure it has quality controls for everyone

    but you cant clip stream highlights unless you're partnered

    I knew something was fishy with my video always lagging back when I watched a stream from Mabinogi or my friend play a game!
    Such a stupid idea of them..
    Buffalos wrote: »
    A ton? Are you exaggerating? The only discernible reason I can think of is murder within a school setting, given the context of today's school violence discussion in the US.
    The focuses of the game that are advertised right on the tin are mass torture, murder, and assault of minors. That isn't GTA.

    Not to mention how messed up YanDev is for liking that stuff, but that's a whole new thread.. on a whole different website tbh, I think the moderators would have a heart attack reading up about it..

    Twitch *had a delay because they had bandwidth issues. If you hold more than (I think it's 200) there's no delay. It's not to prevent stream sniping, and that's something you set yourself anyway.
    BuffalosSherri
  • Dinner (& Dessert) with Mabinogi

    Sherri wrote: »
    KelpSoda wrote: »
    i microwaved eggs and survived

    I have a friend who microwaves up and scrambles the eggs all the time o:

    if the yolk is broken it's usually fine. Microwave a whole egg with shell and that's a different story.
    JazmynSherri
  • Mabinogi Has Been Taken Over By Ewoks

    Hardmuscle wrote: »

    1. You all act like banning me will change something about a deleted account. It's already done and it was done for all of the wrong reasons in your name, and because of trashy trolls

    1. It is my own choice to leave the game I have been playing for more than a decade
    2. I didn't come here to troll people or to fight with people

    2. Trashy trolls and a team of puke stains who shouldn't be in charge of anything; let alone acting like they're everyone's mommy
    3. I don't and did not spend as much time in this place as the most of you do

    3. *There's one person in this thread with more posts than you, the next highest has almost 700 less posts, next highest after that has like half your posts.*

    It's hard to even tell what you're saying sometimes because you contradict yourself in every other post. I know you're not dumb, you were one of the main tech support people and there's a TON of people that you helped on your own spare time. That's way more than I've done. I honestly want to know why it seems like a switch got flipped and you turned into... whatever this is. The original thread was supposed to be a chance to talk to our GM's and openly discuss it, mud flinging got started (doesn't matter who started it) and it got derailed into more bans being given and just... A huge mess. If it was fair or not is to be discussed, and wasn't permanent. Katherz herself even said that this current system is temporary. I'm upset about my warning, but I'll take it on the shoulder if it means a better system gets put in place. Mabi is a small community and for the most part it's pretty solid, unfair bans that are being talked about isn't even close to the same level of BS that happens with other companies.

    Take jagex for example, they had a GM take player login information, sell it to a clan that he was a part of hack those players and rwt their gold and items away. That's actual corruption I don't think what's happening here is corruption, there's no need for pitchforks and torches, the players just want to feel like their voices are heard and their complaints understood.

    SherriHardmuscleGretaBronzebreak