Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Neamhain

Comments

• AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Leinei wrote: »
    Macha, we only wore her down a bit. It was Tarlach after tapping who-knows-what who managed to overcome her mildly annoying power, sent us over to the Lia Fail, allowing us to destroy it, freeing Millia and thus sending Macha back where she came.

Fixed.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited April 25, 2017
    That red light she had going on before the fight was the magic she was going to use to destroy Erinn.

Also, remember she is the Goddess of Destruction. The betrayal of her lover (after she became Human) prompted her to kill herself and curse the land in a fashion similar to Neamhain's on the Elves and Giants. Trees wouldn't bear fruit, there was a drought that lasted years, no fish in the lakes, and the water turned red (like her hair). The only reason the curse got lifted was because the people named a city Emain Macha, in her name.

And she's another of the Gods that came back from the dead.
    Sherri
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    That red light she had going on before the fight was the magic she was going to use to destroy Erinn.

Also, remember she is the Goddess of Destruction. The betrayal of her lover (after she became Human) prompted her to kill herself and curse the land in a fashion similar to Neamhain's on the Elves and Giants. Trees wouldn't bear fruit, there was a drought that lasted years, no fish in the lakes, and the water turned red (like her hair). The only reason the curse got lifted was because the people named a city Emain Macha, in her name.

And she's another of the Gods that came back from the dead.

I know, but that boss fight was so stupid. She'll never live it down.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Yeah, but chances are, she'll come back and wreck us.
  • AmelinaAmelina
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,400
    I hugely doubt she'll come back...I doubt ANY of them will to be honest. Unless Aton Cimeni says screw you Apostles and Prophets, here's the might of every Deity I've got.

Also I HATE Macha's background story...its so stupid..."Ohhh one human betrayed my love now you ALL MUST DIE." :C Come on now

PS: This is probably my most popular thread cause of you two XD
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    From what we gather, 1st tier and 2nd tier gods of Erinn normally don't involve themselves in the affairs of mortals, the most they do is pick a group of people and lend them a fragment of their power and leave it up to that group to decide what to do with it. Tier 3 gods are the ones we usually deal with, Morrighan, Macha, Neamhain and Nuadha are all tier 3 gods and even then they are impossibly powerful compared to even the specific Millitian. As a side note, you have to remember that each time a 3rd tier god was put out of commission, it was another 3rd tier god that put them there, as a reference to how powerful they are.
  • LeineiLeinei
    @Amelina According to Wikipedia, there are actually several Machas in Irish Mythos. In one story in particular there is a Macha who takes over as Cruinniuc's wife after his first wife died. Macha gave a stipulation that she would stay so long as he didn't tell anyone about her and he promised he wouldn't, only to boast that Macha could outrun the King's horses, which upon hearing, the King of Ulster demanded she race his horses. She wins, and gives birth to twins at the finish line. Then Macha turns around and curses the men of Ulster to feel labor pains in the hour of their greatest need. So essentially, betrayal is in tune with Macha in Irish Myth.

Also I'm alright with being party to making this thread popular, so long as the conversation is good.

@GTCvActium Where do you get that about tiers? The only God we haven't seen that's actually referred to in storyline is Aton Cimeni. We've seen that Dian "Goddess" too, but I'm not sure she actually qualifies as a Goddess more than a magically corrupted being. Unless you're referring to the other realms that are governed by gods that aren't Aton Cimeni that are referenced in Saga 2.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I wanna know how on earth Tarlach became some sort of god figure.
    Like whaaa?
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited November 6, 2017
    @Sherri Yeah, that was one of my main issues with the ending of the Saga Season One. They never explained what Tarlach even did, beyond him supposedly using the power of a Goddess, if I remember the phrasing properly (which was a huge draw on his body and resulted in his temporary death), or how he managed to do it.

However, what it could be is that since Neamhain's power was used to create Iria and to bind its state (frozen wasteland in Physis, hot wasteland in Connous) that there is residual power left from the goddess. Tarlach tapped into that power of Iria and drew upon it to fuel his own abilities. This in effect would fit with what Macha said about Tarlach using a Goddess' Power.

The reason I think it's like that and not like the Crusader abilities is because it doesn't yet appear that Crusader abilities (Aton Cimeni had the Crusaders formed so they stem from them) can cause potential death from power overload. Also, bear in mind, according to the wiki, apparently Milletians can use multiple Crusader abilities is because of our Demigod powers. Short version, the Crusader abilities were granted upon a person. By theory, Tarlach effectively stole power from the land of Iria and was overwhelmed by it.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    @Sherri Yeah, that was one of my main issues with the ending of the Saga Season One. They never explained what Tarlach even did, beyond him supposedly using the power of a Goddess, if I remember the phrasing properly (which was a huge draw on his body and resulted in his temporary death), or how he managed to do it.

However, what it could be is that since Neamhain's power was used to create Iria and to bind its state (frozen wasteland in Physis, hot wasteland in Connous) that there is residual power left from the goddess. Tarlach tapped into that power of Iria and drew upon it to fuel his own abilities. This in effect would fit with what Macha said about Tarlach using a Goddess' Power.

The reason I think it's like that and not like the Crusader abilities is because it doesn't yet appear that Crusader abilities (Aton Cimeni had the Crusaders formed so they stem from them) can cause potential death from power overload. Also, bear in mind, according to the wiki, apparently Milletians can use multiple Crusader abilities is because of our Demigod powers. Short version, the Crusader abilities were granted upon a person. By theory, Tarlach effectively stole power from the land of Iria and was overwhelmed by it.

So he could bearly handle it? heh.. I'll bear in mind about this information. Haha.. I'm so sorry.

But yeah that makes sense. Still wondering how he tapped into the power of Iria. Just out of nowhere, he's like "I understand now!"
    Like he found out how the universe was made or something XD
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited November 7, 2017
    Sherri wrote: »

So he could bearly handle it? heh.. I'll bear in mind about this information. Haha.. I'm so sorry.

But yeah that makes sense. Still wondering how he tapped into the power of Iria. Just out of nowhere, he's like "I understand now!"
    Like he found out how the universe was made or something XD

Basically, Druids are just really powerful Magic-users right? And Magic stems from the manipulation of Mana, so I don't think it would be much of a jump for Tarlach to be able to do so. I imagine the Gods'/Goddess' abilities are just a higher level of Mana power. Basically, Tarlach tapped into a Goddess Mana resource. XD
    Sherri
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,120
    Neamhain is best girl(in my opinion).
    Also all of these sound very interesting, sadly I don't have any input, but i just wanted this to be said, lol.
  • LeineiLeinei
    I would certainly like to see more of our Goddess of Light since we haven't seen her in so long especially since we've been seeing so many story elements that involve her like Saga Seasons 1 and 2. With the Prophets and Apostles showing up in Iria (G20) even if a little bit, it's still invading upon her territory, even worse if the Prophets and co. (the ones not stuck in Avalon's Gate of course) somehow start corrupting her children (Giants and Elves). Sure, they screwed up and she cursed them, but I would like to hope she still has some attachment to them.
    DANIarts
  • HigaHiga
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    @Amelina According to Wikipedia, there are actually several Machas in Irish Mythos. In one story in particular there is a Macha who takes over as Cruinniuc's wife after his first wife died. Macha gave a stipulation that she would stay so long as he didn't tell anyone about her and he promised he wouldn't, only to boast that Macha could outrun the King's horses, which upon hearing, the King of Ulster demanded she race his horses. She wins, and gives birth to twins at the finish line. Then Macha turns around and curses the men of Ulster to feel labor pains in the hour of their greatest need. So essentially, betrayal is in tune with Macha in Irish Myth.

Also I'm alright with being party to making this thread popular, so long as the conversation is good.

@GTCvActium Where do you get that about tiers? The only God we haven't seen that's actually referred to in storyline is Aton Cimeni. We've seen that Dian "Goddess" too, but I'm not sure she actually qualifies as a Goddess more than a magically corrupted being. Unless you're referring to the other realms that are governed by gods that aren't Aton Cimeni that are referenced in Saga 2.

Creator God: Aton Cimeni
    Creator of erg/life and god of love: Lymilark
    God of Peace: Jeamiderark (by merit of being one of the 3 directly under aton cimeni)
    God of Freedom: Hymerark
    God of the Sea: Manannan mac Lir
    God of the Earth: Danu (tuatha de dannan = people of danu)

Stuff like the tears of Manannan have created high level golems that have the power to fuse together with a few other materials to stop the mind controlling powers of bella.

The gods we faced are just some low leveled human turned gods deal. Nuadha was just a king who turned into a god upon his death thanks to morrighan. Morrighan and Cichol seemingly were the same. You can imply macha and neamhain were as well based on this. Meanwhile the above gods and some other gods are just outright true gods.

Morrighan, Nuadha, etc are minor gods, akin to say like morpheus in greek mythology.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Higa wrote: »

Creator God: Aton Cimeni
    Creator of erg/life and god of love: Lymilark
    God of Peace: Jeamiderark (by merit of being one of the 3 directly under aton cimeni)
    God of Freedom: Hymerark
    God of the Sea: Manannan mac Lir
    God of the Earth: Danu (tuatha de dannan = people of danu)

Stuff like the tears of Manannan have created high level golems that have the power to fuse together with a few other materials to stop the mind controlling powers of bella.

The gods we faced are just some low leveled human turned gods deal. Nuadha was just a king who turned into a god upon his death thanks to morrighan. Morrighan and Cichol seemingly were the same. You can imply macha and neamhain were as well based on this. Meanwhile the above gods and some other gods are just outright true gods.

Morrighan, Nuadha, etc are minor gods, akin to say like morpheus in greek mythology.

There is another thing to bring into the deal is that even in Celtic Myth heroes in some stories are thought of as mortals, while in others they are straight up Gods. Anytime a "king" is mentioned its possible that they are not just a king to the people but also their God. Some of that confusion and interpretation has bled into Mabi as well since some of the characters were hinted at being mortals, but then later stated to be Gods. (Credne is one in some of the more obscure and older lore). With Mabi its all but confirmed that Morrighan and Cichol are born Gods, as a flashback in one of the generations shows Morrighan and Cichol constructing the soul stream as children so unless they were ascended as children I think its meant to infer that they have always been deities. But this does not mean that some of the 3rd tier deities are not ascended mortals. Nuadha does promise to Millitian that he'd make them into a God so I believe that the possibility is there. As for the tiers, it was a very old piece of lore dating back far in the game's history.
  • YorozuyaYorozuya
    Mabinogi Rep: 775
    edited September 10, 2018
    Amelina wrote: »
    I mean Dian was another Goddess, and she was the one who wanted to make sure Gods were gone. So if anything it was her who caused it all.

That story though XD

I definitely would love to see in G21 a moment where the Milletian and the Divine Knights are too weak to get rid of the threat, and then the old Diety come in and just demolish everything. That could also cause the Milletian to possibly have new Demigod skills as well, so that we can defeat the enemies without having to rely on them.

My god, you predicted it. You predicted what happened in G21, before it even showed up in Kr. Oh great prophet, what does your powers say about G23?!?

Edit: G22 is already out in Kr, so G23 is the mystery
    Amelina
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    In actual mythology, Neamhain/Neamain is a crazy warmonger goddess who likes to make allies kill each other... so rather see her on her way out and not mess with everyone again.
  • YuoichiYuoichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    i want my master hoeing goddes to come back (macha ofc) i dont even know how what who where why ended up???? LOL
  • YuoichiYuoichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    AND Slty Nema bear childfrom FOMOR PLZ PLOXS? CHICOL WHERE WERE U LOOKING?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Calm down child.
    DANIartsGreta