Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What is the best way to level the magic talent?

MelinechanMelinechan
Mabinogi Rep: 400
in Help
After delving and finishing quite a few alchemy skills on my first char, I'm thinking on moving onto magic as my second talent of choice as an elf. Currently I only have 230 int and am thinking of ranking firebolt, fireball, magic weapon mastery, fire mastery, meteor strike and snap cast which would give me 180ish more int. Thinking of doing the life related skills like potion making and such at a later time since those skills don't require cp to train.

Would it be enough to wipe out a non gremlin spawn in defeat the shadow wiz hm with fireball? I do have the option of using divine link, rain cast and hide to manage aggro

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited September 20, 2017
    @Melinechan
    Not sure if fireball would wipe out a non-gremlin spawn in Shadow Wiz HM at your current Magic Attack.
    The Shadow Wizard (F) and the Shadow Warriors might be able to tank it.
    Maybe if it crit.

If you want more Int, have you considered ranking up Composing and Musical Knowledge?
    They're not magic skills, but they give a lot of intelligence.
    5 int per rank for most ranks, and 10/15 for rank 1.
    80 total from Composing and 85 from Musical Knowledge.
    [Deleted User]
  • MelinechanMelinechan
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    I have Musical Knowledge ranked but composing is rF at the moment. Been turned off doing it for now since r7-3 needs a lot of artifacts and/or ducats with the latter being why I wanted to level some magic first.