Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Carrot Glitch

SparklystarSparklystar
Mabinogi Rep: 400
in Help
Yesterday, I was logging into alts first *oops* and didn't get a carrot until around the 7th alt.
Having a whistle on my alt of the same account isn't what I want...
As such, today, I decided to log into my main character first, and have since changed channels various times, logged back in again, and gone AFK in hopes to get a carrot on my main.

No carrot.

I haven't been on any of my alts since yesterday early afternoon EST. Am I doing something wrong, and is this a known glitch? Thanks.

Comments

• ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Since you got the carrot on your alt you might have to continue getting carrots on your alt.... I mean if you didn't get one on your main today try seeing if your alt gets it. The 7th alt makes sense because characters need to be level 30 to get the reward so clearly your alts haven;t seen much action :P
    [Deleted User]JJ
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    edited September 25, 2017
    Okay, I've noticed something really strange about these new On-Time Event daily gifts. I noticed it with the daily 5 Bingo Coins, and the same thing is happening with the daily pony carrot.

I'm in the same boat as OP, my first carrot landed on an alt instead of my main, so I've been carefully logging on that alt first for the past few days. Today after midnight PST, I logged onto my main first and did not receive the carrot. I then logged onto that alt and received it on him.

Similar scenario for bingo - I had tried to start a new bingo board on another alt, and noticed that I was not getting the 5 daily coins even if I logged onto that alt first. Only my main who got the first 5 coins on the first day was able to receive them for the remainder of the event.
    (The level 30 requirement is not an issue for my alts - most of them have a good 200+ levels on them because I have an obsession for free Saga pegasi)

So from what I can see, it is not given out to the first character you log into daily. It is given out to the first character who logs in when the event is activated, and then the daily On-Time giveaway is apparently "locked" onto that character.

Normally this isn't a problem because most players login to their main first so they wouldn't even notice it's set up that way. Only players who login to strange alts first for whatever reason (I have dye wells on them!) will experience problems.

For previous events, we used to talk to the NPC and manually select a main character, and then the daily giveaways would be locked onto that character. Now it's automatically designating a main character for you. I'm not sure if I like this change. I'd probably appreciate it a bit more if I hadn't logged onto my alt first, but as it turns out, I didn't need to worry about having my carrots split across characters anyway lol.

Side note: On top of changing how the daily giveaway works, they made the items (bingo coins and carrots) unable to be bank- or pet-transferred. I guess it's because theoretically you wouldn't need to transfer them, since there's no way to accidentally get them on the "wrong" character, unless you login to the wrong character from day 1 of course.

Side side note: The GM's reply suggests that even the Nexon NA staff are not aware that the mechanics for the daily login gifts have changed. Maybe we should alert them lol.

TL;DR: The game is automatically selecting your "main character" for the event for you, and it's whichever eligible (lv30+) character who first logs in when the event is activated.
    JJ[Deleted User]