Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What are some decent ways to make money nowadays?

ShonjiazraelShonjiazrael
Mabinogi Rep: 430
in Help
I used to play Mabinogi several years ago from the time of G12 to G14. When even getting to total level 1k was a rarity. Back in those times, one of the most profitable ways to make money if you had the means was to buy dye amps from people and resell them. I remember owning a house and sold them for 500k each and could usually easily buy them from people for like 300k each.

But nowadays it seems like dyes are all cheap other than the obvious ones like pure black/white/red. Even flashy dyes which were more back in the day are cheaper. I bought a dozen so far of pure black>pure red that were like 50k for some reason. And normal dye amps are like 200k and seems like no one really buys them. Seems like Reforges are the way to go if you want to spend NX but it doesn't look like there is much room in their price to buy and resell. Whenever I see shops selling them, they are basically always in the 250k range and thats it. Enchant hunting used to be a good money maker as well if you could reliably do the dungeon or SM that dropped it within a decent amount of time, but does that even work still now? I used to farm Dexterity ES and they weren't that bad a droprate and Sulfer Spider was fairly simple to solo at INT level.

With how it is right now the Halloween event can bring you in a decent amount of money if you are lucky but once that is done, then what? Seeing as how a lot of decent gear goes well pass 10mil per piece, prices have jumped up insanely from what I remember as well as ways to make money haven't changed. Back in the day the most expensive items were Rosemary Gloves and Nuadha Robe and they were MAYBE 8-10mil.

I know Conflict used to be an alright way if you liked SMs, and Commerce is kinda alright in the later stages. But what else is there? Most posts that ask this kinda stuff are insanely outdated, nothing from 2014 or earlier means anything in 2017. I want to know if the game itself has the means to fund you or did the game finally die to the point that if you don't do Gacha you basically are outta luck.

Comments

• DangerousDitchDangerousDitch
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    Potent Fine / Finest crystals on a day where a good SM is daily, just camp the stones and do it over and over, for like 168k a run + kill gold for shadow wizard. Doing any elite passes you have for materials is always worthwhile too (though most are too bad to use a crystal on)
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    They nerfed conflict so you can't get as much gold from it anymore. Bumb's right (nice name), that's a pretty good way to earn gold. I typically sell items I already have to save up though or use events to get items to resell. There's going to be a lot of events from what people are saying, so more chances to get items to sell. If you ever have the chance, getting gachas may be good too but don't expect any god-tier level items.
  • ShonjiazraelShonjiazrael
    I learned ages ago that Gacha isn't worth doing in small amounts. Unless you are willing to dish out a couple hundred $$$ chances are you aren't getting anything good, and I may as well sell NX if I was going to do that. Shame on conflict, used to be so nice doing them in a matter of minutes and making a respectable income per hour

How is the Finest Potent Crystals worth it? From what I see, they generally sell for 100-150k per crystal, doesn't seem like you really make anything worthwhile from using them.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    How is the Finest Potent Crystals worth it? From what I see, they generally sell for 100-150k per crystal, doesn't seem like you really make anything worthwhile from using them.
    Idk what server are you on, but they are nowhere near that price range on Alexina. The previous gacha spits them out so their prices dropped, good for people who manage to hoard them. Otherwise, on normal days, finest potent crystal go for at most 70k each.

It's only worth it to use crystals on Elite SMs like TDB, SW, and SS, and hard mode SW, but let's say you use it on the lowest payout, SW hard mode, 26400g per run. You will make an additional 95,040g. Minus 70,000g, you will get a profit of 25,040g per crystal. Therefore, you will earn 51,440g per run. It adds up over time.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    Yeah, probably on Mari I'm guessing. I see Shadow Crystals go for a lot of cash because everybody can easily spam Lords and make millions.. Except for people like me who make gold by selling HW.. which I guess I could be worse off than now, so I'm thankful I have this way of making money.
    (Though really, HW always brings a good wad of gold. ;p)
  • ShonjiazraelShonjiazrael
    I am on Alexina Server, and whenever I see Potent Finest Crystals at the shops at Tail they are 100k easy. Only the ones that just give bonus XP are like 60k which are useless imo. So it seems like they are either net negatives or so little profit that its not even worth it.

HW always seems nice, maybe I will make some ults to spam it as well so I can get to a nice supply to sell faster.

I am not that high a level yet. Just nearing 1k right now. The issue is that starting to get into HM SMs and dungeons is you need decent gear to even RUN them, but need money to even get that gear to run them....Not everyone is some 10k+ player that can casually run Phantasm solo and have some piece of the succubus queen outfit drop and make 20mil :L Or a player that can just dump $100 into the game and sell the NX or Gacha it all.

I am just seeing if anyone got any tips for the newer and/or lower level peeps out here that want to get that shiny 5-10mil item, even if it takes a week or 3 to build up to that amount. This would no doubt help others out too which is always nice. Seems like this game is brutal to the lower level people since they just can't do anything,
    Leilicia
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I am on Alexina Server, and whenever I see Potent Finest Crystals at the shops at Tail they are 100k easy. Only the ones that just give bonus XP are like 60k which are useless imo. So it seems like they are either net negatives or so little profit that its not even worth it.
    The shops at tail altar are almost always overpriced. You should not based the market price on those shops. They are not meant to be used for making profits. Try pricing the crystals at 100k at facebook page or in belvast, no one will buy them. If you're looking to make profits with shadow crystals, you should either put up a buying party or check at housing/belvast and not buy the one at tail altar.
    I am not that high a level yet. Just nearing 1k right now. The issue is that starting to get into HM SMs and dungeons is you need decent gear to even RUN them, but need money to even get that gear to run them....Not everyone is some 10k+ player that can casually run Phantasm solo and have some piece of the succubus queen outfit drop and make 20mil :L Or a player that can just dump $100 into the game and sell the NX or Gacha it all.

I am just seeing if anyone got any tips for the newer and/or lower level peeps out here that want to get that shiny 5-10mil item, even if it takes a week or 3 to build up to that amount. This would no doubt help others out too which is always nice. Seems like this game is brutal to the lower level people since they just can't do anything,
    You don't have to be 10k++ or buying shop items to make money to buy gears. I was below 300k ttl when I bought my final hit gear...

I can only vaguely remember what I did, but I started out earning my first million with holy water. Then I did Tara bank part time job to get falias fragments and sell them for 150k-300k each. I also grinded Ghost of Partholon to get in demand pages like Ice Spear 2, Fireball 3 and 9. Also, events. Some events are really profitable. For example, I earned more than 40 mil from Samhain event alone, by selling event items. With the money obtained from these, I started merchanting: buying low and selling high. That's where passive money started rolling in.
    Shonjiazrael
  • TaykoTayko
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    Hey. I've only recently returned to the game as well, but already saw some ways to possibly make money.
    1) - Life skill mats. Metallurgy + Refining is quite easy. You can get lots of ore and ingots and sell those, since blacksmiths need huge amounts to rank up. There may be other mats too that sell well, maybe firewood for carpentry (not sure) or leathers and cobweb for tailoring. Just have to think what people need lots of to rank their skills and would likely rather buy than having to grind it themselves. Oh yeah, holy waters also still sell well if you like doing church part-time jobs.
    2) - Repeat Sagas. Just noticed cause I did the first ep - Merlin again (for Neid pseudo-fieldboss to train meteor strike). It only costs 5k gold to replay a Saga ep, and you get around 3k for each quest on the saga - and a whooping ~50k for the last quest of the episode. They're quite easy to do and you can just spam click through the dialogue.
    3) - Skillbooks. Takes quite a bit of luck depending (so not very reliable) on which skillbooks, but some are very valuable to sell (those you can only get from end of dungeon chest or fishing).
    4) - Buy and Resell. You can do that with any type of item, not just dyes. It requires getting to know the market and learn what goes normally for how much and is how likely to sell quickly, and then just hunt for cheap sells to resell for more. Takes some starting budget though and lots of browsing shops.