Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Progression halting Glitch in the Tutorial

SpoofkingSpoofking
Mabinogi Rep: 350
in Help
SO! first things first, pretty sure this is client side ,as I've NEVER seen any other forum about anyone else having this issue, so in the Tutorial quest "Missing Townsfolk" I encountered a bug after beating the spider, the villager wouldn't follow me out of the dungeon, "easy enough" I thought, "I'll just leave and start the dungeon over, hopefully that will unbug them" but once I exited the dungeon, and tried to re-enter with Trefor's pass, it said the NPC had already been rescued, checking back with Trefor, and he still promps me to go in and save the NPC, I've concluded at this point that the game must've checked some kind of flag saying I've saved the NPC, but it didn't flag Trefor to give the next part of the quest, I've tried looking up ways to reset Tutorial quests or skip over it, but it doesn't seem possible, is there any assistance I can get from a mod or admin to manual reset the quest for me? my character is "Spoofking" on the "Ruiri" server, and if I could get some help here, I would be more then grateful for the assistance that has kept me from completing the main tutorial

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Oh yeah, the NPC doesn't ACTUALLY follow you out.
    You just get a cutscene after the spider fight, then you can get the treasure at the end of the dungeon and leave.

Have you tried changing channels or logging out and back in to see if that forced the quest to update?
    I'm guessing you tried that by now, but that is strange! Never heard of this issue before, either.
    [Deleted User]
  • SpoofkingSpoofking
    Maybe that's my issue, because, before even doing a lot of the tutorial, I had already gotten and trained all my ninja skills quite a bit, when the spider spawned in, I two shot him, after that, no cutscene, just the npc quivering in the corner, I've tried logging out and back in, changing channel, but no dice, it's been a year since the glitch started, and I'm, i'd like to think decently along in the game, but it's still annoying knowing I haven't beaten the Tutorial, to make matters worse, because of the glitch, I'm not able to get the magic flying broom, which quite a lot of my friends rub in my face
    [Deleted User]
  • SpoofkingSpoofking
    Maybe I forgot to mention it in the above post HardMuslce, but that's where the heart of the glitch lies, I did get the chest and leave the dungeon, atleast, I remember doing that a year ago, but when I talk to trefor, he still acts like I haven't saved the NPC, but when he gives me the pass to go back, and I try to use it, the dungeon doesn't let me inside and says "You have already rescued the townsperson", so the game doesn't let me enter, but still says I need to
    [Deleted User]
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Oh wow, a year!?

I thought it was more recent.

At this rate, you might have better luck sending in a support ticket, asking a GM to set your progress on the quest correctly.
    [Deleted User]
  • SpoofkingSpoofking
    Thanks, I don't actually have any other characters, just my one main. so grateful for the help you guys, hopefully this all gets sorted out soon, I'm so hype to finally get back on track with the tutorial so I can finally shut my friends up when they go "Look, just because your some high level, doesn't mean anything, I mean, you couldn't even get through the tutorial!"
    [Deleted User]
  • SpoofkingSpoofking
    My main character was made in 2014-2015, I forget, if I got the broom on a second character, would there be any way to transfer it to my main?
    [Deleted User]
  • SpoofkingSpoofking
    It does all make sense, and thanks for the clarification! i actually did have one other character, just didn't want to go into implications, and they are on a different server then my main, thanks for saving me there!
    [Deleted User]