Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Do talent bonus and current level bonus not stack?

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,390
in Help
I'm working on mastering the Commerce mastery skill. My talent is Merchant. I hover the mouse over the skill icon and it shows in blue 2x. My current (as opposed to total level) is 195. The skill description window says my bonus is 1.95. Yet as I credit the skill I am consistently only getting 2x's rather than somewhere near 4x's. It's not a rounding error where bonus is deferred to a later; it's crediting it's 2x's and that's it; no more; ever. Do they not stack; anyone know whats going on here?

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    They do stack.

Try posting a screenshot of your training and what rank you are training.
  • HelsaHelsa
    It won't let me upload an image from my computer, but it is exactly as I described:
    - active talent is mercantile
    - hovering pointer over Commerce Mastery icon shows 2x's in blue
    - current (as opposed to total) level is 195
    - Commerce Mastery skill info window shows in green X 1.95 (My interface color is set to Neon Green and Translucent)
    - every 5k ducats worth of goods that I sell increments the training requirement by 2 and only 2 each time.

I think maybe it's has something to do with the non-integer multiplier (1.95) being used in a situation where the result must be an integer. But casting a float to integer should at least give me 3x but I'm not getting even that.

Help me Obiwan Kenobi; you're my only hope.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    It affects the training EXP per count, not the counts.

Like you have 1.95x boost from level, and 2x from talent.

For example, if this was Rank 3 Commerce Mastery:
    This means every time you sell 5,000 ducats worth of stuff, you get 2 counts out of the 100 counts available
    But the EXP per count would change from 1.00 exp to 1.95 exp.

If you can't upload at image (use Imgur or something), then say your skill rank and how much actual exp you're getting per delivery.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Is THAT how it works! It doesn't effect counts? Rip. I mean, what's the point of earning EXP when you're already at 200! Well if that's how it works then it is explained. What I'll do though is get to Lv=200 proper, then the multiplier will be a solid 2.00 so no possible non-integer issues. THEN if I don't get 4x's in the counts, I'll consider this resolved. I'll be greatly disappointed, mind you, but it will be resolved.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited December 13, 2017
    Okay I had another look and I understand this now. The level bonus is useful ONLY for ranking skills but is completely useless for Mastering them. Question, if the maximum "score" for a skill is X does the level bonus allow you to exceed that?

EDIT: never mind it probably recalculates the maximum score for a particular skill rank as the level bonus changes.

Thanks for the help!
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Yeah it's possible to exceed the maximum possible score.

And, if applicable, it also stacks with reforges, or Ace badges.

With stuff like that, if you master it you'll end up with like 382.75/250 or something.
    Totally useless for Mastering, but can help to have the bonus exp to make it easier to rank up or re-qualify for Dan testing.