Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

expired, cant drop sell or trade, no destroy

BlortadBlortad
Mabinogi Rep: 2,490
edited February 4, 2018 in Help
I have an expired Trade Unlock Potion from some old event that I never used in my inventory. This item is an untradable version so it cant be dropped, (gives "you cannot drop this item") cant be sold to an NPC, (gives "you cannot sell this item") and for some reason, they didn't feel it was necessary to add a "Destroy" button to this item either like they are supposed to do with every undroppable event item (for this reason exactly). Since its expired, I no longer even have the option of just wasting it on something random to get it out of my inventory. Please remove this bugged item from my inventory and add a destroy button to the ironically untradable event trade unlock potion, its bad enough already I cant turn off this stupid endless acorn nonsense from this squirrel bag that's way too good of a bag to not use, I don't need a permanent loss of inventory for an expired item on top of that.

IGN: Blortad
Server: Ruairi

Comments

• DingigraphiDingigraphi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,935
    if its expired there is a button on the top of your inventory menu. it looks like a hourglass that has an x next to it. click that and it will destory it automatically for you.
    [Deleted User]
  • DingigraphiDingigraphi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,935
    here is an image of what im talking about

https://imgur.com/a/w4fwB
    [Deleted User]
  • BlortadBlortad
    Great, so I have to spend half an hour now to comb my enormous and very overly cluttered inventory to remove all the expired enchant scrolls I can still use and want to keep just so I can use the fog destroy function to destroy something that I should have just been able to drop or destroy individually, cause that's totally a solution to an oversight like this. Thank you for the help, but really, that's a little ridiculous that I have to do that. Why could they not have just made it droppable but unable to be picked up by other players like they do with half the untradable items already? Why is undroppable even a thing in the first place? There wouldn't even need to be a destroy function on anything to begin with if the devs would stop forgetting how own game mechanics work.
  • BlortadBlortad
    Ok, really, some of the scrolls I want to keep cant be stored on pets, so now I also have to figure out what to do with those or else lose them. DevCat, STOP MAKING THINGS UNDROPPABLE. Just make them untradable and nobody else can pick them up anyways, that way you wont have to worry about having to remember to put the destroy button on every single event item ever made and we wont have to go through this enormous unnecessary hassle whenever you people forget and are too lazy/stupid/prideful to fix your mistake, there is no reason why this particular version of the trade unlock potion shouldn't be able to be dropped on the ground like every other item, including other versions of this same exact item. Its not like it would be hard to add a destroy function to this item, I have done more then enough coding and game development in my day to know that something like that would take all of 5 minutes to do. Just take the object I know you have pre-built for that destroy button since its the same exact destroy button on every single item its on, find that potion, and add it. That or take that absolutely 100% pointless undroppable item script and remove it completely. Not being able to drop items doesn't do anything more to prevent trading of those items then being untradable already does. All making things undroppable does is add another level of unnecessary inconvenience to event items. Its like some sad, ineffective excuse for a time sink or something, I don't get it.
  • downbookdownbook
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,185
    That button does not include enchant scrolls, when you click on it, it will tell you what gets destroyed and you need to click destroy to confirm the destruction.
    [Deleted User]
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    edited February 8, 2018
    If it had a destroy option, it probably wouldn't work anyway.

I have an item that doesn't expire that I can't get rid of :(
    I either have to ignore it, or do a big side quest that uses it up. I got it by accident when I talked to Fleta.