Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[EXTENDED] Naco Commerce Event

Comments

• YomboYombo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    Ninzerker wrote: »
    Killing with Dance of Death, have to use an AOE to compete with people popping in from another channel, snap casting fireball twice and popping to next channel. and they really should put such an absurd stipulation as "Will not drop barehanded" In the news posts

As for Commerce earnings, that would be 1 badge every 45 mins instead of 36

It's always been a thing that if you are killing things with bare hands that you get nothing, at least if what you are killing are weakest to you. I don't know if that applies to all things if the enemy is your level or higher.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Ninzerker wrote: »
    Killing with Dance of Death, have to use an AOE to compete with people popping in from another channel, snap casting fireball twice and popping to next channel. and they really should put such an absurd stipulation as "Will not drop barehanded" In the news posts

As for Commerce earnings, that would be 1 badge every 45 mins instead of 36

It shouldn't take 45 minutes to travel from one place to another for just a single 5k profit.
    Even if you're not very far in the commerce system, you can still make use of the free rental wagon.
    And if you use the wagon, it definitely shouldn't take 45 minutes to get from one place to another.

And if you're thinking of making progress with Commerce, now's a good time, since there's a 30% bonus.
    And bangor is a good place to trade from, especially once you have access to Highlander Ore.

Also the whole "no drops with bare hands" isn't for this event.
    It's a regular thing, they added it a long time ago as an anti-bot measure.
    It also applies if using weapons that lost all their durability.
    GretaRiwer
  • mintyminty
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    Are the badges dropped in one town can only be exchanged for gift boxes in the same town? I have some badges left from protecting tir chonail yesterday and today when I picked up daily to protect dun, it saidI can't exchange those badges for gift box in dun. Anyone has encountered the same issue?
    Thanks!
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    edited February 11, 2018
    minty wrote: »
    Are the badges dropped in one town can only be exchanged for gift boxes in the same town? I have some badges left from protecting tir chonail yesterday and today when I picked up daily to protect dun, it saidI can't exchange those badges for gift box in dun. Anyone has encountered the same issue?
    Thanks!

No, the badges aren't town-specific.

You have enough badges, right? 5 per gift box?
    And you already exchanged 5 to complete the daily quest for a Black Crystal?
    And you double-checked that you clicked Dunbarton and not another town?
  • PandorafayhPandorafayh
    Mabinogi Rep: 630
    Okay so been doing the event a couple days now... in the announcment it says the whole bit on

"Rewards are cumulative.

Purchase 10 Surprise Boxes and receive a Bamboo Hat.
    Purchase 20 Surprise Boxes and receive a Fan Dance Motif.
    Purchase 30 Surprise Boxes and receive a Treehouse Homestead item.
    Purchase 45 Surprise Boxes and receive a Hanbok Sheep Whistle."

So today I should get the bamboo hat- i've purchased like 12 boxes i think at this point? but i didnt notice the hat popping up in my inv? Did I do something wrong? will it be in one of the boxes i open?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Okay so been doing the event a couple days now... in the announcment it says the whole bit on

"Rewards are cumulative.

So today I should get the bamboo hat- i've purchased like 12 boxes i think at this point? but i didnt notice the hat popping up in my inv? Did I do something wrong? will it be in one of the boxes i open?

I think it's on OPENING 10/20/30/45 boxes, not just purchasing them.

I got a Bamboo hat after opening my boxes.
    Pandorafayh
  • MizukiHayamaMizukiHayama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,730
    Iyasenu wrote: »

"Rewards are cumulative.

I think it's on OPENING 10/20/30/45 boxes, not just purchasing them.

I got a Bamboo hat after opening my boxes.

I am a bit confused though, when did they reactivate the event? I thought it was sometimes Friday. I did 2 yesterday ( the reset for me is 5pm, did one before 5pm and after) and one today. That equals 9 boxes total.
    Was it then Thursday? >u<
    Also, the hat is a drop from the boxes.
    Pandorafayh
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited February 11, 2018

"Rewards are cumulative.

The day the event was postponed doesn't count.
    So you technically only have 9 boxes.
    MizukiHayamaPandorafayhShadoeMabskmk
  • PandorafayhPandorafayh
    Mabinogi Rep: 630
    oh ok, so just keep an eye out for it tomorrow then? I just wanted to be sure it wasnt something that i was doing wrong. yea i had been opening them as i got them. thanks for all the feedback.
  • RuinitiveRuinitive
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,180
    I just opened my 3 boxes today and didn't receive the hat. I've opened 12 boxes in total so...now I'm confused, should I write a bug report 'cause I really want the dance and the sheep whistle but I haven't even received the hat and I didn't do it Feb 8th, just the 9th-12th
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    edited February 13, 2018
    I received my hat as soon as I bought the 10th box from the goblin. Guess we don't have to actually open them to get the milestone prizes.

Edit 6 hours later because it'd be double posting otherwise:

The last time they held this event, "Shiny Wood" was listed in the prize list, which the players soon figured out was a mistranslation of "Glittering Tree" when everyone started getting Glittering Trees and no Shiny Woods.

This time, however, the event announcement page lists both Glittering Tree and Shiny Wood in the prize list.

So... is Shiny Wood still a mistranslation of Glittering Tree that was accidentally copied back into the list, or do we actually have two distinct items now? Has anyone gotten it from their boxes?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Eralea wrote: »
    I received my hat as soon as I bought the 10th box from the goblin. Guess we don't have to actually open them to get the milestone prizes.

The last time they held this event, "Shiny Wood" was listed in the prize list, which the players soon figured out was a mistranslation of "Glittering Tree" when everyone started getting Glittering Trees and no Shiny Woods.

This time, however, the event announcement page lists both Glittering Tree and Shiny Wood in the prize list.

So... is Shiny Wood still a mistranslation of Glittering Tree that was accidentally copied back into the list, or do we actually have two distinct items now? Has anyone gotten it from their boxes?

I managed to get Glittering Tree from these boxes the first time event happened.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    Eralea wrote: »

i think it is another mistranslation and somehow they able to do this mistake TWICE
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    Ruinitive wrote: »
    I just opened my 3 boxes today and didn't receive the hat. I've opened 12 boxes in total so...now I'm confused, should I write a bug report 'cause I really want the dance and the sheep whistle but I haven't even received the hat and I didn't do it Feb 8th, just the 9th-12th

it wont get announce in your system chat or screen, it will suddenly appear at your inv

have you already check your inv?
  • RuinitiveRuinitive
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,180
    Hazurah wrote: »
    Ruinitive wrote: »

it wont get announce in your system chat or screen, it will suddenly appear at your inv

have you already check your inv?

Yeah, I got it today for some reason after buying 1 box, I guess the first day glitched and didn't count my boxes. Then I proceeded to get 2 hats from the boxes almost like it was mocking me ;-;
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Hazurah wrote: »
    i think it is another mistranslation and somehow they able to do this mistake TWICE

For some reason I lol'd

I'm gonna try to get at least one of everything on that list, excluding the nonexistent one.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Ah yes, the event of humans KS'ing everything with FH. Welcome back.
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    Sherri wrote: »
    Ah yes, the event of humans KS'ing everything with FH. Welcome back.

This human is windmilling everything with a 2h, while my pet distracts them. With FH, badges tend to start disappearing before you've killed everything.
    Sherri
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I've done this event twice both times it ran i had no problem with other players.
    Eventually you'll be the only one farming the zones.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    The event got extended? Well i'm not complaining, more HS stuff for me.
    Sherri