Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

6th Dorcha crystal

nikyahnikyah
Mabinogi Rep: 1,150
edited February 25, 2018 in Help
Ok, so the Polar Hornets are supposed to drop this item right? is it a super rare drop?? I've been killing these brats for days now. Do I need to gather from their spots they leave? Idk how many more white herbs I can carry.

Comments

• ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Yes, it’s a very rare drop.

It took me more than 400 kills before I finally saw one being dropped and no, you do not need to gather from their spot as it’s just s regular drop.
  • nikyahnikyah
    poo.... I wish it would drop already I feel cut off from Mabi in no man's land.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    nikyah wrote: »
    poo.... I wish it would drop already I feel cut off from Mabi in no man's land.

Yeah... D: You just have to be patient for now and just keep killing them, you’ll get one being dropped eventually.

If it helps, you can channel hop to find more hornets since they take quite a bit to respawn.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    I actually found probably 3 within an hour when I was farming them. I couldn't sell the extra ones for anything on Ruairi. I hardly ever have good luck with RNG though so it figures something so worthless is what I would have luck with haha
  • nikyahnikyah
    geez.... I wish I had that luck right now. I've been killing them all weekend. My luck is at 473. Nobody has one for sale right now in Tarlach.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    If you have any type of tendering potions to lower your CP that also helps a bit while hunting. You do have to kill quite a bit to get them to drop though. Shouldn't take you more than 1000 kills really that I know of. LUCK stat has nothing to really do with it that I know of.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    ;-; wow im lucky this i guess.. i only had to do about 100 for it to drop.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    you could get rid of some of those white herbs by doing the daily quest Red's Favor at the Unfrozen Lake area near Vales which requires 5 white herbs.
    https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Spy_Red

the sixth dorcha crystal will drop sooner or later. it was worst when the talent came out, there would be 1 to 3 players on every channel and most of them used final hit.
  • ChakylinChakylin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,125
    I went on to an alt and wore -cp gear. One dropped within about 10 hornets.

Another didn't drop for 2 hours.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited February 25, 2018
    I'm sure one of the reasons we had a better drop rate was due to the fact it was always "thunder-storming" during the release, aka snowing. I've also had many dorcha crystals drop from weakest monsters and less drop from equal +.

If you're on Ruairi, I have a two 6th crystals if you want it. [Edited: 12 minutes later]
  • K4iserK4iser
    Mabinogi Rep: 305
    Yikes, didn't know some were this unfortunate. I get three or four per day as I tend to farm hornets whenever I am bored to sell. I get one every fifty or hundred, so around an hour each. I assumed this was a pretty easy drop (Which is why I sell them for like 200k on Alexina, despite people listing them for 1-2mil). I guess one advantage is that at least one channel is always empty now compared to at release.

Are they really that rare to find or is the RNG simply favoring me? I get not getting them too often but several days sounds odd to me.

At least it's not spamdropping like the second dorcha crystal, I swear to god if I get more of those from Ancient farming I will slap somebody. I had almost my entire Kiosk full at one point...