Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Shadow Spirit not collecting souls G11

CiriCiri
Mabinogi Rep: 1,185
in Help
So I've spent hours redoing the mission, I've passed the part where in I use the shadow stone and cutscene and got the shadow spirit skill...
Everytime I killed a mob, the shadow spirit exp bar won't budge and I'm up close killing them since according to the wiki its faster to collect spirits off their bodies. Spent practically 2 hours running around killing while fending the python and my shadow spirit skill exp won't budge so I can't use it since "not enough spirits absorbed" :/ what exactly am I to do or is it bugged?

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Gathering souls doesn't increase the skill's exp.
    You need to gain levels in order to get skill exp.
    If you don't have any skill exp, it won't let you use it to attack.
  • CiriCiri
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Gathering souls doesn't increase the skill's exp.
    You need to gain levels in order to get skill exp.
    If you don't have any skill exp, it won't let you use it to attack.

That's kinda bs ... so its not souls I need but skill exp? :/ I can barely lvl up due to being almost 100 with my current lvl x.x
  • downbookdownbook
    Did you use the shadow spirit skill on the enemy corpses until a message show up "You've absorbed the spirits as much as possible"? Once that message show up you can use it to attack.
  • CiriCiri
    downbook wrote: »
    Did you use the shadow spirit skill on the enemy corpses until a message show up "You've absorbed the spirits as much as possible"? Once that message show up you can use it to attack.

I haven't gotten that message so far? When I use shadow spirit it makes me aim at an enemy though and when I click it says I can't attack due to not having spirits. I'll try aiming at the corpse if its possible then
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited March 20, 2018
    Ciri wrote: »
    downbook wrote: »

I haven't gotten that message so far? When I use shadow spirit it makes me aim at an enemy though and when I click it says I can't attack due to not having spirits. I'll try aiming at the corpse if its possible then

It makes you aim at an enemy?

Do you have "Cursor Targeting" checked in the Options?
    Or "Use Skill after Targeting"?

They're both in Options > Game > Control.
    If they're checked, turn them off for this.
  • CiriCiri
    I finally did it! I crashed after the cutscene but it was finally over!
    I have the option "use skill after targeting" since I can only play with 1 hand, but it finally cleared!