Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Squire Stats

HuwHuw
Mabinogi Rep: 1,055
in Help
Does anybody know the formulas for our Squires? Each of them posses 6 stats: Divine Powder, Strength, Intelligence, Dexterity, Willpower and Luck. Each of these stats are capped at 900 for each squire (although only need 450 in each category to access the highest mission). I do find it irritating our Squad can only feature 3-active Squires at a time, making it time consuming and resourceful to train them up, although that's an issue for another time.

However, the Baltane Missions: Counterattack and Siege Weapon, both rely on our squires current stats while drawn out in battle. While basic mode isn't too impeding and allows us to continue on should all the squires fall, the mission ends in elite mode if we aren't quick enough and/or not constantly healing them. I've tried searching but to no avail wasn't successful. I was curious if anyone had any tactics as how to make each of our squires more "tanky". Any thoughts?

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    You don't need 450 to access Baltane Elites I believe, nor do they even have to be capped at 450 to be even effective. I heard the stat effective cap in those missions were lower than 450 per stat.
  • HuwHuw
    You don't need 450 to access Baltane Elites I believe, nor do they even have to be capped at 450 to be even effective. I heard the stat effective cap in those missions were lower than 450 per stat.

Oh, I'm aware you don't NEED 450 in stats to access Elite missions, merely, the requirement for the highest success rate (95%) for the Missions involving the capture of the Medals required for divine Weapons (Medal of Will) etc. I haven't heard the effective cap was lower before however.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    I don't have the formula but I have 4/6 of the squires are 450 stats so they last decently in elite counterattack and siege. Besides that for siege you'd have to work to kill all the mobs before they enter the warp point that should make your squires last longer. Also, the more of the support unit you rescue, the more bodies there are between your squires and the mobs that yeah, rushing on freeing them will help. For counterattack, there's nothing you can do besides rushing through your set as fast as possible before your squires get ripped apart.
  • HuwHuw
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    I don't have the formula but I have 4/6 of the squires are 450 stats so they last decently in elite counterattack and siege. Besides that for siege you'd have to work to kill all the mobs before they enter the warp point that should make your squires last longer. Also, the more of the support unit you rescue, the more bodies there are between your squires and the mobs that yeah, rushing on freeing them will help. For counterattack, there's nothing you can do besides rushing through your set as fast as possible before your squires get ripped apart.

I try my best to free the support units as often as possible, but usually have to go back to the Gate, heal all x6 Squires up only for the mobs to start attacking the gate again so I have to stick around, clear the mobs again only to re-heal the wounds and rarely get a chance to go out and save all 10 units. Eventually my effort is in vain when the orb mob mini bosses such as the bears 2-shot my squires and in Elite mode, the mission fails when all 6 fall to their knees. Quite problematic. Clouds should be able to heal NPC's.

Counter attack's best when using Divine Link with a Bone Dragon to take the aggro while you use Ninja/Gunner/Chain Clash skills to quickly dispose of the mobs. Although recently I've been told the Celtic Howling Blade drops from the Bears in Basic Mode so I've been focusing on missions that have them lurking about. The Sneaky Disciples of the Prophets are completely RNG as to where they spawn in Counter attack so they're not the best to farm. Still, i'm trying slowly to increase my stats on 3 of my squires in hopes they can hold out on their own and was wondering if Strength has any impact etc.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Huw wrote: »
    GTCvActium wrote: »

I try my best to free the support units as often as possible, but usually have to go back to the Gate, heal all x6 Squires up only for the mobs to start attacking the gate again so I have to stick around, clear the mobs again only to re-heal the wounds and rarely get a chance to go out and save all 10 units. Eventually my effort is in vain when the orb mob mini bosses such as the bears 2-shot my squires and in Elite mode, the mission fails when all 6 fall to their knees. Quite problematic. Clouds should be able to heal NPC's.

Counter attack's best when using Divine Link with a Bone Dragon to take the aggro while you use Ninja/Gunner/Chain Clash skills to quickly dispose of the mobs. Although recently I've been told the Celtic Howling Blade drops from the Bears in Basic Mode so I've been focusing on missions that have them lurking about. The Sneaky Disciples of the Prophets are completely RNG as to where they spawn in Counter attack so they're not the best to farm. Still, i'm trying slowly to increase my stats on 3 of my squires in hopes they can hold out on their own and was wondering if Strength has any impact etc.

For Siege, don't heal them, just dispatch the mobs and work on freeing the support unit. Once you free the entire support unit, you can get 1 or the entire team trapped behind an obstacle since unlike pets, they can't teleport to you if you leave too far. As long as 1 squire is still alive on the map SOMEWHERE, you will not fail the mission.

As for counter attack, there's nothing you can do except bull rush the mobs as fast as possible.
  • MizukoMizuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,315
    If you have Kanna and Eirlys paired up together with all their stats capped (which is 900), they can duo the majority of Counterattack Baltane Mission even in Elite. As for Siege Weapon, it is more difficult in Elite if you haven't train your squires in your squad. It's quite doable, but more work.